Hello enquiry regarding the warranty???

This is a discussion on Hello enquiry regarding the warranty??? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is a 5 year warranty worth for a brand new car or just 3 is enough What's the opinion about ...

Hello enquiry regarding the warranty???

Is a 5 year warranty worth for a brand new car or just 3 is enough
    What's the opinion about it???

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this an extended warranty you are talking about here?
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yeah you are wright

Extended warranty

Extended warranties are iffy. I struggled with this issue myself. And honestly it's all based on what you want. If you like the extra reassurance then go for it. I personally regret getting mine and I think I'm going to cash it in. Think of it this way. As long as you have a little bit of money saved up for an unexpected expense you should be fine. Also, this is how I look at it. If the odds for using your money's worth of a warranty were in your favor instead of the warranty providers, they would not offer it to you as there would be no money for them to make. An extended warranty is honestly just an extra way for a car salesman to make a bit more money on you. Because they get paid by the provider for selling it to you.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Yeah that's what I exactly thought about it. It's 2k for the extended warranty I said no....

2k is a lot, good thing you said no. I only paid 1500 for mine and it is a 4 year 60k mile extended warranty, and I even overpaid...
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Extended warranties are rackets, like parking meters, college campus book stores, and the federal reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Extended warranties are rackets, like parking meters, college campus book stores, and the federal reserve.
    nailed it
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    ...yes, like pyramid schemes, income tax, and the bush administration. ...just thought I'd keep the troll roll going.

Geico mechanical breakdown insurance... $40/year. $250 deductibles. Renewable up to 100k miles i think
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

Our Service department does over $20,000 worth of Extended warranty claim coverages a month. People that have it, use it generally. Also what you pay for the extended warranty depends on the finance manager. I myself am a Finance manager and mark up warranties between $300-$1000 depending on many variables. My advice is if your not gonna modify your car and you can't afford a major fix, like 80% of people, keep or buy the warranty. Generally depending on term it will change your payment $15 a month.
    Remember this is just MY Opinion.

I picked up my 14 a couple weeks ago. I paid 599 for the 5 year 60k warranty. Seemed reasonable for a bit of extra coverage.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I just picked up my 2015 WRX, I got a 5yr 70000 mile warranty for $1200. I drive about twenty K a year and need that extra Factory warrantee.
    2015 WRX - Crystal Black Silca
    Coming - Cobb Axess Tuner
    Pioneer NEX 4000, Alpine PDX 9V, JL Audio C5 650 front /rear components, JL Audio 10TW1-4: 10-inch Subwoofer.

Just an FYI. Not sure if this happens all the time or not, but we got my wife a 14 FXT last year and skipped on the extended warranty since it's a lease. I got a letter in the mail just the other day offering the 5 yr 60k warranty for only $650. That's only $50 more than I paid for the same warranty on my WRX. The dealer did start out requesting $800 for the same warranty, but I got it for $600.

I know some of you are getting longer/more miles but the price I've seen myself is significantly less than most have posted about.