Four door coupe with a big hatch?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Four door coupe with a big hatch? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm sitting in the doctors office and reading the Motortrend mags. Brand new issue marked for March 2014. Any truth ...

Four door coupe with a big hatch?

I'm sitting in the doctors office and reading the Motortrend mags.
    Brand new issue marked for March 2014.

Any truth to this?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Screw that. I want the Levorg!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Screw that. I want the Levorg!
    This.

Probably will be a new Legacy body style of some sort.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmm, the LGT wagon platform could definitely work aesthetically with an A7-esque shallow rake rear hatch, although it seems like you'd be needlessly sacrificing the wagon's normal utility to do so. I'm not sure the squat sedan could pull such a look off, though. I picture it looking something like the Audi TT, which I don't find particularly attractive.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Motor Trend = Automotive Journalism 1st graders. LGT is my guess.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't follow how a coupe can be a hatch, how a coupe can have more than two doors, or how a hatch can have four doors. If the passenger doors are arranged symmetrically (the same number of doors on the left as on the right) then a hatch can have one, three or five doors. A coupe can have two (the people that sell four door coupes are selling four door saloons with very poor rear headroom instead).

As a result, I've no idea what they're talking about. However, it seems neither do they.

As an example I've attached a picture of my five door hatch:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0725 copy.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	134.0 KB 
ID:	141313
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    how a hatch can have four doors.

Hyundai Veloster

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    Hyundai Veloster
    Conditional statement wasn't put in the clearest order, my fault:

... or how a hatch can have four doors. If the passenger doors are arranged symmetrically (the same number of doors on the left as on the right) then a hatch can have one, three or five doors. A coupe can have two (the people that sell four door coupes are selling four door saloons with very poor rear headroom instead).
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Gotcha, well to be fare the veloster is BRUTALLY ugly haha.

I Support ClubWRX
    It has some nice angles to it, it's very aggressive and it looks almost French to me. Has a bit of Renault in it and I find its lines interesting. I also like the similarly styled Honda hybrid. I think Hyundai are very competitive with their newer car line and I'd be interested in seeing more from them. I'm actually quite positive on them in general.

It has some nice angles to it, it's very aggressive and it looks almost French to me. Has a bit of Renault in it and I find its lines interesting. I also like the similarly styled Honda hybrid. I think Hyundai are very competitive with their newer car line and I'd be interested in seeing more from them. I'm actually quite positive on them in general.
    I like Hyundai and the Veloster, it's honestly just that ONE side that screws the pooch for me. Otherwise it's a great break from the mundane GTI dominated class.

They've definitely have come A LONG way since the 90's!

Kia too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by livid_wrx View Post
    I like Hyundai and the Veloster, it's honestly just that ONE side that screws the pooch for me. Otherwise it's a great break from the mundane GTI dominated class.

They've definitely have come A LONG way since the 90's!

Kia too.

There's this one 4-door luxury car they released 5-10 years ago (I think under either badge) that had four round headlamps, and reminded me of a baby Daimler.

There's this one 4-door luxury car they released 5-10 years ago (I think under either badge) that had four round headlamps, and reminded me of a baby Daimler.
    Kia or Hyundai?

I Support ClubWRX
    I think it was sold under both. I know in the US it was the Kia Amanti.

For some reason I find this handsome. Almost British.

Yeah I remember that, definitely resembles a German luxury car in my opinion. I can see how it could be British too.

Also I had no idea they were owned by the same company. Makes sense though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast