2015 Legacy Leaked - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2015 Legacy Leaked within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by JaySin Depends what you value most. I go for 0-60, 1/4 mile and handling prowess over anything ...

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Depends what you value most. I go for 0-60, 1/4 mile and handling prowess over anything in the 'sports' specs categories. If passing power is a problem, then I suppose a good aftermarket tune could fix that. Yup. Or...find a car that has it all out of the box. Which is why that new Audi S3 and Golf R are tempting. FRS/BRZ doesn't do it for me in Michigan...need a 4 season DD.
    So passing power is what has you snagged up? Who says the new rex doesn't have passing power?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    So passing power is what has you snagged up? Who says the new rex doesn't have passing power?
    I'm choosing not to engage in this since the thread is about the Legacy. You already know the passing times of the '15 WRX in TOP GEAR and that they're slow. Obviously you don't care about that and quite frankly, neither do I since I'm not even going to choose a manual. I'll be in Philly in April if you want to discuss this even further. Back to the topic...

I'm choosing not to engage in this since the thread is about the Legacy. You already know the passing times of the '15 WRX in TOP GEAR and that they're slow. Obviously you don't care about that and quite frankly, neither do I since I'm not even going to choose a manual. I'll be in Philly in April if you want to discuss this even further. Back to the topic...
    I'll meet you at the big oak tree!!

I'll agree to not continuing to jack this thread. This'll be my final post on the matter. You must understand that everyone is giving you a hard time for a reason. The measure you've chosen to judge passing speed on is not a good one for that, and the reasons it is not have been abundantly discussed. All I'll say is that I'm sure it has plenty of passing power, as long as you are willing to take the drastic step of changing a gear. An automatic trans will even do this for you.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, looks like none of our wishes were granted, and in fact, some were taken away.

2015 Subaru Legacy is fresh-faced and more frugal - Autoblog

The Legacy remains sedan-only for 2015, with the 2.5i and 3.6R engines carried over virtually unchanged aside from a 2hp increase for the four-cylinder, and mileage increases for both engines. The mileage increases are due in part to a 10% improvement in aerodynamics, and the CVT, which has totally replaced the six-speed manual and 5-speed automatic transmissions previously offered, and is now the only transmission option.

Subaru has promised increased interior refinement for the Legacy, and has added an acoustic windshield, liquid-filled engine mounts, and increased sound deadening materials throughout. A 575W 12-speaker Harmon Kardon audio system is offered on the Limited trims, and the available navigation system features full voice commands, including voice-activated HVAC control. Both the 6.2" non-navigation, and 7" navigation infotainment screens feature multi-touch displays with gesture support for a more natural user experience. A 10-way power driver's seat with two-position memory is offered on the Limited trim, and front and rear heated seats are standard on the Premium and Limited trims.

On the safety front, Subaru has adapted the same active torque vectoring and dynamic stability control systems found on the WRX and STI into the Legacy. New seat cushion airbags protect passengers in a frontal collision, and a rear radar system provides blind spot detection. A rear-view camera is standard across all trims.

One interesting feature offered is active foglights, which turn with the steering wheel for better corner visibility (headlight beams remain fixed forward).

Full Press Release here: http://media.subaru.com/pressrelease...5-legacy-sedan
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Another model drops off my list of future possibilities...at least for my own use.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Another model drops off my list of future possibilities...at least for my own use.
    Yeah, me too unfortunately. It's too bad, I love my Outback, but I was really hoping to see the GT make a comeback, bringing back the wagon with it would have been icing on the cake. Oh well.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Yep,the wagon is cool,but we have a snowballs' chance in hell that it will ever come to the states,especially in GT configuration.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

If passing power is a concern...how about you just downshift?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If passing power is a concern...how about you just downshift?
    I'm no longer concerned.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm no longer concerned.
    would you consider yourself angry ?

You already know the passing times of the '15 WRX in TOP GEAR and that they're slow. Obviously you don't care about that and quite frankly, neither do I since I'm not even going to choose a manual.
    From the cars you've listed owning it doesn't seem like you drive a manual(just preference?), have you driven one before? or have riden a bike with gears? I'm not trying to knock you, I'm just wondering if you understand the concept of gear ratios? Cause if you choose to try to pass in a high gear in car or bike you'll be wasting gas/energy and accelerate slower than if you would just down shift, because in a high gear for every time the engine/pedals rotate the wheels have to rotate >1 rotation for it to be considered over drive and save you gas/energy. That 30-70 top gear stat should matter even less to you as your automatic would never be designed to drive that bad(out of power band/slow/poor mpg's).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatBroBill View Post
    would you consider yourself angry ?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by joedub View Post
    From the cars you've listed owning it doesn't seem like you drive a manual(just preference?), have you driven one before? or have riden a bike with gears? I'm not trying to knock you, I'm just wondering if you understand the concept of gear ratios? Cause if you choose to try to pass in a high gear in car or bike you'll be wasting gas/energy and accelerate slower than if you would just down shift, because in a high gear for every time the engine/pedals rotate the wheels have to rotate >1 rotation for it to be considered over drive and save you gas/energy. That 30-70 top gear stat should matter even less to you as your automatic would never be designed to drive that bad(out of power band/slow/poor mpg's).
    Preference. And yes, I understand gear ratios very well. I was making an observation of the specs provided by Car & Driver and comparing the times to those of other competitor cars. It's as simple as that. Some buffoons decided to jump all over me for unknown reasons because I pointed out the drastic differences. I don't care at all about it to be honest, simply made a observation and 'vocalized' it. Silly me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys, this thread is supposed to be about the Legacy, not a gear ratio bickering thread. Please stay on topic.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    So this is a clubdub bicker battle? Remind me to head to NASIOC next time for my drama fix cause this ish is boring...

That wagon looked sharp, would've liked to see that in person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast