Contemplating A/T, but... NO STYLE
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Contemplating A/T, but... NO STYLE within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Really excited that the new model year WRX will be available in A/T, but I was *shocked* to see how ...

Contemplating A/T, but... NO STYLE

Really excited that the new model year WRX will be available in A/T, but I was *shocked* to see how BORING the style has become.

Wondering if new rims/tires and the aggressive spoiler will be enough to differentiate it from grandma's car.

greg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't like the new style too much either but I don't think it looks like grandmas car. The 08-10 models are much more "boring" then the 2015.

And why would you want A/T? At that point you might as well go get a grandma car.
    - 2011 WRB STI

Cobb stage II tune ~ Invidia TBE * Cobb Intake

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Why does everyone care about the looks so much? WRXs were never an attractive car.

Besides, 7 years from now everyone will hate the 2022 WRX and wish that it looked like the 2015 WRX. I've been around the game long enough, you'll soon see the cycle for yourself.

Bugeyes were the best looking. Ew blobeyes, bugeyes4lyfe! Ew hakweyes, blobeyes were the best looking. Gross, GR chassis? Hawkeyes were the best.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I *really* liked the style of the WRX until this year - of course the same year they offer A/T.

As for why I want A/T, it is a second car for our family and my wife will occasionally need to drive it. I also prefer the A/T at this point in my life.

It really is down to this car or the Hyundai Veloster Turbo.

Any input on that comparison welcome as well.

Aloha from Hawaii!

greg

I Support ClubWRX
    I just read (March 2014 C&D) the 2015 WRX will be 6 speed manual or a CVT. CVT?!?!

Unless someone lops off my left leg, it'll be a manual for me for life.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I just read (March 2014 C&D) the 2015 WRX will be 6 speed manual or a CVT. CVT?!?!

Bill where have you been hiding?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

From what I hear so far, the CVT is meh...and the six speed does not feel good at all. Not surprising since it's not the STI six speed. If you don't like the feel of the current WRX five speed box, you're definitely gonna hate the WRX six speed box.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Bill where have you been hiding?
    Well hello there!

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWRX View Post
    From what I hear so far, the CVT is meh...and the six speed does not feel good at all. Not surprising since it's not the STI six speed. If you don't like the feel of the current WRX five speed box, you're definitely gonna hate the WRX six speed box.
    From C&D: "the six speed boasts throws that are shortened by 12% over the old WRX's five speed 'box. Shifting requires a shove, but the gates are closely spaced and the action is precise". Sounds OK to me. We'll know more when more people get their hands on them.
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 02-03-2014 at 09:03 AM.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    +1 I had an Automatic Xterra Pro-4X, it was an awesome SUV but not being a manual I couldn't stand it.
    2014 Subaru WRX
    Torqued Performance Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #0022
    Build Thread
    First Mods, what to do and not to do

I was ok with my v8 Grand Cherokee and am ok with my hemi Ram being automatics, but for a small car the manual is the ONLY way to go... The 6-speed is likely better than our current 5-speed - but the CVT: I just don't buy that! I know there are some that actually want it and it's likely to sell. So be it... It's just not in my future.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I just traded in my Veloster Turbo for a 14 hatch. All i can say is if you want a comfortable riding car dont even consider the VT

? really? Why is that? I'd think the opposite, just with a certain rubber band effect.... (but then, I've nevar tried one)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Quote Originally Posted by GT800 View Post
    I just traded in my Veloster Turbo for a 14 hatch. All i can say is if you want a comfortable riding car dont even consider the VT
    Interesting... perhaps you drove a lemon. Test drove the Veloster Turbo on a variety of surfaces and it was quite comfortable. Guess it also depends what you are coming from.

I am definitely leaning towards the Veloster over the WRX. Shame about the (lack of) design on the new WRX A/T. Otherwise, I would be signing for one as soon as they hit the lot.

greg

Its a common complaint for the cars if you get on the forums. It was a fun little car but it was crammed for a guy my size and the ride was just to violent for me

Quote Originally Posted by GT800 View Post
    Its a common complaint for the cars if you get on the forums. It was a fun little car but it was crammed for a guy my size and the ride was just to violent for me
    Except that I have been hanging out in the Veloster Turbo forum in contemplation of getting one and haven't read that complaint.

greg

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.