Ferrari FF
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ferrari FF within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I realize it's not new but I passed a Ferrari FF on the home way from work yesterday. What a ...

Ferrari FF

I realize it's not new but I passed a Ferrari FF on the home way from work yesterday. What a beautiful car! A direct-injected 6.3L V12 putting out 650HP and 500lb-ft of torque AND four wheel drive. Top that with the gorgeous (to me, at least) styling of Ferrari and I'd say time for an upgrade from the WRX. But at over 10x the price, it may be a while.

Ferrari FF

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    a +1 wont do it... x10?

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If I recall from Top Gear UK it has a very wonky AWD that makes it a PITA to drive fast in slippery stuff and it cuts to RWD in 5th gear which caused the Stig to wipe out.

I'd take a 458 though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah the FF uses front Crankshaft drive for the FWD instead of a center diff or transfer case. Neat idea, we drive things off the crankshaft all the time in the heavy truck world, but it looked like the FF had way too many parts in the system.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    If I recall from Top Gear UK it has a very wonky AWD that makes it a PITA to drive fast in slippery stuff and it cuts to RWD in 5th gear which caused the Stig to wipe out.

I'd take a 458 though.
    'Specially the new "Speciale"...

Interesting about the AWD issues/concerns. Regardless, I found it to be a beautiful car.
    Couldn't say no to a 458 either. =)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Yeah the FF uses front Crankshaft drive for the FWD instead of a center diff or transfer case. Neat idea, we drive things off the crankshaft all the time in the heavy truck world, but it looked like the FF had way too many parts in the system.
    Yeah, it's an interesting way to keep the engine low and pushed back toward the center of the car, but it's complicated system, and they had to make some sacrifices to get it to work.

In the heavy truck world, you're talking about PTO-type stuff, correct? Do any heavy trucks have an AWD system like this?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

In the heavy truck world, you're talking about PTO-type stuff, correct? Do any heavy trucks have an AWD system like this?
    A front crankshaft PTO, not transmission PTO. Same concept as the FF. Essentially the crankshaft has a bolted flange that you can hook an accessory to. In our case we drive a front hydraulic pump in certain applications.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.