Buying 2014 Impreza WRX worth it?

This is a discussion on Buying 2014 Impreza WRX worth it? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello again guys! Another thread from me! I find this forum helpful like so so much! Thank you! I want ...

Buying 2014 Impreza WRX worth it?

Hello again guys!

Another thread from me!
    I find this forum helpful like so so much! Thank you!

I want to know what you think about this question and take this question as if you are in my shoes right now!

So yeah I'm planning to get the 2014 WRX Impreza Sedan. So do you guys think it's worth it? Now that I've been doing more research about this car. I heard that they're gonna pull off a new body style, engine and etc. by 2015. What do you guys think, should I still get the 2014? This is a new problem for me, I'm really excited to buy my new car!

Any reply will be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would just get the 2014 if you like it and are ready to buy. If the 2015 comes out later just sell your car and buy that instead. No one knows what the 2015 model will be.

There's no advice really that can help you, since no one really knows what they are going to do with the 2015, you've just gotta decide for yourself. Having been around for a while I can tell you that I've seen similar threads both prior to the 2013 MY and the 2014 MY...and then those ended up being exactly the same as the previous years. Anyone telling you at this point that they know about specifics for the model change is full of it. Asking a bunch of yahoos on the internet what they would do is somewhat fruitless, as you'll probably get varied answers and they all depend on different peoples' priorities and circumstances.

So like my maine man above said, you just have to decide if you want the car now, or want to wait to see exactly what they are going to do with the new model and then wait almost a year to get one of those. Third option, as mentioned, is to buy one now and then if the new ones are superkawasakininjacool and you can't live without one, just trade the year old car in on it.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I can't tell you if it's "worth it" without seeing any price/financing info for the 2014.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just to fuel the fire....never forget 2008-2009. Maybe Subaru hasn't learned their first year new body style lessons.

If you like the look of the current generation you should go ahead and get one. We might all hate the 2015s....no one knows.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Just to fuel the fire....never forget 2008-2009. Maybe Subaru hasn't learned their first year new body style lessons.

If you like the look of the current generation you should go ahead and get one. We might all hate the 2015s....no one knows.
    This. Plus, I suck at patience, hence my 2013 when all the hubbub over the 2014 being a new body style was the rumor
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a '14 and couldn't love it more.

Keep in mind that redesigned cars have a tendency to be less reliable than the outgoing models. See 2012 Ford explorer and 2008 WRX for examples. It takes a year or two to work out the kinks. If you like what you see currently, pounce on it. I did and don't regret it for one second.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I have a '14 and couldn't love it more.

Keep in mind that redesigned cars have a tendency to be less reliable than the outgoing models. See 2012 Ford explorer and 2008 WRX for examples. It takes a year or two to work out the kinks. If you like what you see currently, pounce on it. I did and don't regret it for one second.
    This is why I decided to just go for the 14.. Ordering next month

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Yes it is, the wait sucks but the car is awesome!

In my opinion it's generally not a good idea to buy first year models of any generation of car. Usually the first year will have more tweaks and bugs that still need to get worked out.