2013 Dodge charger... what's your impressions?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2013 Dodge charger... what's your impressions? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I personally really like the look of them. I've yet to test drive one, but for some reason I do ...

2013 Dodge charger... what's your impressions?

I personally really like the look of them. I've yet to test drive one, but for some reason I do really like the body lines. It's a heavy car though. Imagine if they could cut 500 or so lbs from it. Would be a rather heavy hitter in the domestic market as far as 1/4 times go. It seems a bit behind.. but then again I guess it depends on who you ask.

Impressions? Test drives?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The plastics have an organic scent that's quite heavy. Visibility was not a design priority. The A/C is strong.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've not driven one, but every modern Dodge I've been in has been absolutely terrible as far as visibility is concerned.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Visibility was not a design priority.
    ^This.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    every modern Dodge I've been in has been absolutely terrible as far as visibility is concerned.
    ^^^and this.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Personal preference, plus, the question "What am I buying the car for?" Do I want a bigger car that can pack in the family for a trip, with options for powerful engines? I might put this car on a list to check out. Do I want an enthusiast car, for enjoying the act of driving? It probably wouldn't cross my mind. But I see lots of these cars out there, so obviously I'm on the more oddball side of the the bell curve.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice cars. I had an srt8 and I've had several rentals. The chargers look terrific IMHO. The new style even more so.

Big, very roomy. I found mine super comfortable.
    Not NEARLY as fun to drive though as a WRX. Between the weight, the auto trans, soft suspension, etc its just a very different driver experience all the way around. That can be very comfortable to some but if you enjoy driving, the experience wears thins quickly.
    ymmv
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Interesting impressions so far. One thing I have driven was the the new boss mustang... I REALLY thought the shifter was great with how tight and direct the shifts were. Easy to lose the car however and it's one of those that IMO MUST have some sort of sticky tire. The power was nice of course... i'll be honest though, it didn't feel faster than my old Evo (which in fairness had several mods) and not much faster than my WRX now. My friend who I drove there with also has a high 11 sec Evo VIII. The Boss was of course more comfortable because of the coilovers and such on the Evo. Overall, nice ride, nice sound, all out of the box.

Also interesting about the visibility comments, as I've not read that in any of the online reviews I ran across yet.

NH state police use them. Trivial information, I know. They do have a nice look with out blue lights..
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Interesting impressions so far. One thing I have driven was the the new boss mustang... I REALLY thought the shifter was great with how tight and direct the shifts were. Easy to lose the car however and it's one of those that IMO MUST have some sort of sticky tire. The power was nice of course... i'll be honest though, it didn't feel faster than my old Evo (which in fairness had several mods) and not much faster than my WRX now. My friend who I drove there with also has a high 11 sec Evo VIII. The Boss was of course more comfortable because of the coilovers and such on the Evo. Overall, nice ride, nice sound, all out of the box.

Also interesting about the visibility comments, as I've not read that in any of the online reviews I ran across yet.
    If a boss mustang didn't feel much faster than your wrx then you didnt push the pedal all the down in the stang. Trust me, a 444bhp mustang is much much faster than a 265bhp wrx. My friend has a 2011 gt, not a boss just plain ol gt. he smoked my stage 2 wrx. Smoked it.....like it wasn't even close from a roll. Off the line I could hold Him off till about 40mph then he's right beside me, by the top of second he is a nose length ahead, by the top of third all I see are taillights......
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    If a boss mustang didn't feel much faster than your wrx then you didnt push the pedal all the down in the stang. Trust me, a 444bhp mustang is much much faster than a 265bhp wrx. My friend has a 2011 gt, not a boss just plain ol gt. he smoked my stage 2 wrx. Smoked it.....like it wasn't even close from a roll. Off the line I could hold Him off till about 40mph then he's right beside me, by the top of second he is a nose length ahead, by the top of third all I see are taillights......
    i'm not a 265 bhp WRX, i'm at 320/340 whp/tq.

Also, not stage 2 anymore as my sig says.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    also, while this is on e-85, here you go... 2011 Subaru WRX vs 2013 Mustang Boss 302 'Highway Pulls' - YouTube

Mustangs don't "feel" fast. Before I got the WRX, I had considered the new 305hp V6 Stang as a way to get my driving jollies off while saving money at the cost of practicality. Well, when I drove it, it just felt....slow. Did not feel like 305 horses. My girlfriend actually yawned during the test drive, where she is all smiles when the boost kicks in on the Rex. The car is too big and heavy. It may be fast, but it doesn't feel it. I honestly had more fun flooring my lightly modded Tiburon than the V6 Stang. I think it will be leaps and bounds better when the lighter, shorter and narrower 2015 redesign, with (finally!) IRS hits the showrooms.
    Last edited by Zitro; 08-31-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    Mustangs don't "feel" fast. Before I got the WRX, I had considered the new 305hp V6 Stang as a way to get my driving jollies off while saving money at the cost of practicality. Well, when I drove it, it just felt....slow. Did not feel like 305 horses. My girlfriend actually yawned during the test drive, where she is all smiles when the boost kicks in on the Rex. The car is too big and heavy. It may be fast, but it doesn't feel it. I honestly had more fun flooring my lightly modded Tiburon than the V6 Stang. I think it will be leaps and bounds better when the lighter, shorter and narrower 2015 redesign, with (finally!) IRS hits the showrooms.
    I like having the WRX because mustang guys think because there's no "STI" emblem on the car it's an easy target. Most of them being ignorant and thinking every car out there is some type of Honda with a loud exhaust. I've left many mustangs and not even using all that the car had at my disposal. I know some of them are fast and i'm not afraid for one to go past me... no big deal. It's only a car lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    I want Ford to do well. I hope they improve fit and finish, make a reliable car and fit an IRS, and they sell millions.

The more I think of the Chrysler the more I remember the headache it gave me. Very odd experience with the smell.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I want Ford to do well. I hope they improve fit and finish, make a reliable car and fit an IRS, and they sell millions.

The more I think of the Chrysler the more I remember the headache it gave me. Very odd experience with the smell.
    I think they have been doing pretty well. Their safety marks all seem to be up on many of their models. They are getting better mileage. The Mustang of course has been highly successful and EVERYONE has one... so that can't be a bad thing if you are the Ford company dealer lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.