2013 Dodge charger... what's your impressions? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2013 Dodge charger... what's your impressions? within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The Chargers biggest flaw to me seems to be just pure weight. They are a big sedan with a lot ...

The Chargers biggest flaw to me seems to be just pure weight. They are a big sedan with a lot of functionality. The power is very good, the weight takes away from it, the handling isn't as good because again, the weight takes away from it. The AWD option is very nice since we all know we like it lol. One of the bigger things that i'd look at is that while our newer Subie's are quite safer... the Charger's do go one step forward and are 5 star rated. The only exception is the passenger front impact got a 4 star, while the driver got 5. Rest was 5 though.
    Last edited by Methodical4u; 09-02-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: correction
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I actually like the look of the R/T. Never been on a test drive, but I will also never purchase a Chrysler product as long as I live.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I hope american cars do well of course...I'm american. But in all honesty the mustangs, challengers etc are just too big, too not fun, too soft, and too common for my taste. I'm more of an adventurer than a "my Hp number has to be the highest."

The R/T isn't what I would all a high HP number if you consider some other cars HP as well as their lighter weight. Charger is 370/395 tq. Be nice in our subie's right? But now add 1100 or so lbs to that equation and you get a car that on it's better days will run a 13.3. Most run 14's regularly though. While of course the new WRX did manage a 13.4. Now the SRT's are 470/470, but again... the fastests stock one runs a 12.5. Quick yeah... a good idea for 23 mpg highway? I don't launch my car, but my car might be able to pull that off as it sits right now. Add in better tires than the OE's and it likely would run it.

Now, consider the Boss mustang (444 hp and 3600 lbs) or the Shelby GT500 (660 hp)... how do you even use that on the street anyway? Oh well

V8's are sort of the signature of American car culture... it will always be that way. Much like the entire Mitsu lineage is based on the tried and true and VERY strong 4g63. My brother in law has an 03 VIII and it's got 115k miles on it now... with 330 hp on a mustang dyno (CBRD's) and it has NO hiccups. I'd buy it if I had the extra money tbh.

Remember, it may seem like an ego thing, but if you don't have the hp and tq... you're not gonna go fast.
    Last edited by Methodical4u; 09-02-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    I hope american cars do well of course...I'm american. But in all honesty the mustangs, challengers etc are just too big, too not fun, too soft, and too common for my taste. I'm more of an adventurer than a "my Hp number has to be the highest."
    I hope they do well too. And I've had and American (DD) since 1989 until I pulled the trigger on the WRX this past May. I've coveted a WRX for 2 years so I went for the fun aspect, plus utility, and AWD. I obviously don't dislike American vehicles at all. I just felt the WRX was the right combo for me at this point in time.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

The interior sure is nicely done in my friends 13 Charger. Fit and finish were topnotch.

My brother owned a Charger R/T with aftermarket intake/exhaust and Predator tune. It moved really well once it got going, and was actually very nice and comfortable on the inside (Boston Acoustics sound system, leather heated seats, navigation, etc). It was definitely a big car, but fun to drive due to the sound of the hemi and power at higher speeds. I never thought much of Chargers but loved his.

Unfortunately, as soon as he passed his warranty period one thing fell apart after another. At first it was electrical issues with the wiring. Next came suspension and brake problems. Ultimately, he was tired of dumping money into it and just traded it in for a BMW.

I like the cars, but after seeing how quickly his car deteriorated outside of the warranty, I would not consider buying one myself.

Well I went and took a charger for a test ride at the local dealership. I wanted to drive one model that had the better tires suspension, etc (track pack)... however, it wouldn't even start because it had been sitting for so long. They got the jump box and I guess the battery dying somehow had caused the car to go into limp mode, so when I tried to drive push the gas down... nothing.

Had to go back to the dealership and get into another one and try it. There is a bit of throttle hesitation, but once it hits, I like the instant throttle response... the car is farrrrrrrr more comfortable than our cars and has pretty much everything you could want. Even power tilt and telescoping which was cool. Heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel, etc. For 35k, it's a far better deal than a 55k 335i that would be about it's only equivalent as far as bells and whistles.

If I could afford an SRT-8, I would buy one right away. 12.5 stock and i'd never put a wrench to it. Tired of modding.

Overall, nice car... I wonder how much better it could be with a thick set of sways on it.

On a side note... one guy on there got an intake, exhaust, and custom tune and went from 330 whp to 370. Pretty good for all motor.

Quote Originally Posted by 13wrxMA View Post
    My brother owned a Charger R/T with aftermarket intake/exhaust and Predator tune. It moved really well once it got going, and was actually very nice and comfortable on the inside (Boston Acoustics sound system, leather heated seats, navigation, etc). It was definitely a big car, but fun to drive due to the sound of the hemi and power at higher speeds. I never thought much of Chargers but loved his.

Unfortunately, as soon as he passed his warranty period one thing fell apart after another. At first it was electrical issues with the wiring. Next came suspension and brake problems. Ultimately, he was tired of dumping money into it and just traded it in for a BMW.

I like the cars, but after seeing how quickly his car deteriorated outside of the warranty, I would not consider buying one myself.
    and then there's the ones that go 150-200k problem free... who knows how things will go with cars these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    and then there's the ones that go 150-200k problem free... who knows how things will go with cars these days?
    That could be said of any car, not knocking the charger just stating the facts of what happened

Yeah your right about who knows about cars these days. Saw on the national news about the Ford F150 selling like one every 42 sec's. Google it, I had too. Anyway, only engine I've ever lost was on a 2005 Ford F150. It was replaced under warranty as I'm anal on maintenance.. another reason I looked/bought at a Subaru, besides fun factor, utility,"reliability". I curious to see how it goes. I'll do my part. Looking forward to comparing.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

Quote Originally Posted by cogito View Post
    Yeah your right about who knows about cars these days. Saw on the national news about the Ford F150 selling like one every 42 sec's. Google it, I had too. Anyway, only engine I've ever lost was on a 2005 Ford F150. It was replaced under warranty as I'm anal on maintenance.. another reason I looked/bought at a Subaru, besides fun factor, utility,"reliability". I curious to see how it goes. I'll do my part. Looking forward to comparing.
    Yeah, I had a 94 I believe it was Mazda B3000 AKA Ford Ranger... drove the hell out of it. I sold it with 75k on it and never had a seconds trouble with it. All that was ever replaced was an 02 sensor that went out the first month or 2 I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Yeah, I had a 94 I believe it was Mazda B3000 AKA Ford Ranger... drove the hell out of it. I sold it with 75k on it and never had a seconds trouble with it. All that was ever replaced was an 02 sensor that went out the first month or 2 I had it.
    I gotcha. I had a B2000, solid truck. There's a lemon in every line-up I'm sure. I think Ford has since corrected the triton plug issues, plus extended the warranties on the injectors. Two problem areas. I've heard that Subaru had ringland issues with the 09's.
    2013 WRX Dark Grey Hatch
    1974 Datsun 260z Stroker

I Support ClubWRX
    Impressions? Big and heavy - just like me.

Without actually having driven one, they seem to be the most retro retro out there in terms of handling, braking and performance. The Mustang retains a solid rear axle (not for long), yet are able to make it dance fairly well. From what I have read anyway ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I had one as a rental back on 2010. It was a lot of fun to do donuts in and fish-tail. But I want my car to perform not be comfortable. That's what the wife's SUV is for up here in colorado even the srt-8 models and 5.0 mustangs aren't very fast. 14 second cars. Throw a supercharger on them, and that's a different story. If I had the choice I would take a new 5.0 stang over any charger. Ford seems to have done it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12