Newer WRX/STi Breaking News
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Newer WRX/STi Breaking News within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Okay I'm just going to get to the point.. The newer WRX/STIs will only be sedans and will not be ...

Exclamation Newer WRX/STi Breaking News

Okay I'm just going to get to the point..

The newer WRX/STIs will only be sedans and will not be available as a hatchback.

What are your thoughts on this?
    15 year old

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    That is not a fact yet.

However, IF Subaru decides to go that route, I don't really care.

My main concern is engine and transmission choice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

It is indeed a fact. I work for delray subaru, & '14 is the last year of the 5 door, at least for now. '15 will be the new body style, and the engine will be swapped for a new FA20 based 2-liter, making 275hp in the wrx and 315hp in the sti. It's for homologation purposes. The rally teams and rallycross teams need to use a production engine. Expect to see the 2-door return as well.

Also of note, the '14s will only be a limited production run. Expect to see the 15s around April. Price will also be increasing, but I don't have the specifics on how much.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I agree, I regret replying now lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by datsunfreek View Post
    It is indeed a fact. I work for delray subaru, & '14 is the last year of the 5 door, at least for now. '15 will be the new body style, and the engine will be swapped for a new FA20 based 2-liter, making 275hp in the wrx and 315hp in the sti. It's for homologation purposes. The rally teams and rallycross teams need to use a production engine. Expect to see the 2-door return as well.

Also of note, the '14s will only be a limited production run. Expect to see the 15s around April. Price will also be increasing, but I don't have the specifics on how much.
    So basically you know exactly as much as the rest of us. Which is nothing. Good try though.

Always thought the hatch looked too much like an economy car from the back and side.
    15 year old

Well, I have my hatch and I'm a gonna keep it! Since I keep my cars roughly 10 years anyways, who knows what will be then. . . I kinda don't care now. And years down the road, we'll see what's what then.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

who cares? It's only a hatchback... for a while they didn't make a sedan STI either.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I already know all specs, & I've seen the new design, I'm not a fan of it. The only thing idk yet is price difference, due to subaru not solidifying it yet. I've also got the exact details for the brz future, but that's for another topic.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    I already know all specs, & I've seen the new design, I'm not a fan of it. The only thing idk yet is price difference, due to subaru not solidifying it yet. I've also got the exact details for the brz future, but that's for another topic.
    No you don't. You might have an idea what Subaru might release. But until the car hits the floor, you know just as much as we do. Just because you work at a dealership doesn't make you privvy to information like that. That's like saying that Subaru is going to start manufacturing their concept car exactly as they are presented are car shows because that's what you've seen. The fact that they haven't released a price point leads me to believe they don't even know exactly what they will be producing.

You joined this forum just to make 2 posts in a thread about the future wrx...yeah we should probably take your word for it.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post

A guy that worked at one of our local Subaru dealers told me about the 6-speed that the next year's WRX was going to get, according to his inside sources. That was in 2004.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    You joined this forum just to make 2 posts in a thread about the future wrx...yeah we should probably take your word for it.
    lmao

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetKing View Post
    Okay I'm just going to get to the point..

The newer WRX/STIs will only be sedans and will not be available as a hatchback.

What are your thoughts on this?

Look, I know you're 15, and you still believe everything you read on the internet is true, but anyone who has been here a while is sick to death of these sorts of posts. Since we can't stop all the hearsay and rampant conjecture, could you AT LEAST post this stuff in the dedicated thread? You adding any new rumor we don't know already.

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.