The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread
Page 1 of 211 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about. Remember ...

I Support ClubWRX

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There will always be dunces that believe everything they read.

I don't like hatchbacks.
    15 year old

I Support ClubWRX
    So to feed the fire a little bit I would like to talk about powertrain choice.

If Subaru uses the tired old 2.5 that's been used since 2009 I will freak out! I realize we haven't heard anything but, I feel like they will. I would like to see some innovation put into the 2015 cars and using the same motor reeks of complacency.

Hopefully will will see or hear something from the LA Auto Show in November.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I saw a story saying that it would use a 2.5 good for 265 hp... I highly highly doubt it, the new forester has a new direct injected 2.0. The new 2.0 is more efficient and creates more power than the out going motor. Why would Subaru not hop that sucker up and put it in the new WRX/STI?

As far as the hatch, I could see the STI going back to sedan only, but not the WRX. I think the Wagon sells too well for them to axe it, I could see people who are on the fence jumping to the Focus ST and the MS3.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Personal opinion, it'll be a 2.0 to keep up with competition. Focus ST is rocking 252hp in a 2.0. They'll want the MPG numbers to accompany the performance. Yes the WRX has a cult following, but they're not going to just dismiss the competition like that.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

But if it's on the intrawebz, it absolutely has to be true, right!?!?!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    But if it's on the intrawebz, it absolutely has to be true, right!?!?!
    Dammit! You are right, the internet is always right about everything. Damn my thinking logical and stuff!
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    Personal opinion, it'll be a 2.0 to keep up with competition. Focus ST is rocking 252hp in a 2.0. They'll want the MPG numbers to accompany the performance. Yes the WRX has a cult following, but they're not going to just dismiss the competition like that.
    Needs that 6th gear in a new transmission!
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    2015 impreza wrx/sti is gonna be the current sedan impreza with a flatter nose ....now once we get over that shock and the no hatch back (stupid not making one imho) ....but hey carry on ...now will we get recaro seats ? dont hold your breath, will it get better mpg or close to a focus ST again dont hold yer breath ....its one of reason why ford wont/didnt make the focus ST or the upcoming rumored RS with awd ...its a weight thing ! and will finally the impreza interior look feel better maybe even use some euro plastics who knows ...again down hold yer breath

rambling off...
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    2015 impreza wrx/sti is gonna be the current sedan impreza with a flatter nose ....now once we get over that shock and the no hatch back (stupid not making one imho) ....but hey carry on ...now will we get recaro seats ? dont hold your breath, will it get better mpg or close to a focus ST again dont hold yer breath ....its one of reason why ford wont/didnt make the focus ST or the upcoming rumored RS with awd ...its a weight thing ! and will finally the impreza interior look feel better maybe even use some euro plastics who knows ...again down hold yer breath

rambling off...
    With all that said, the one thing I can be CERTAIN about is that it will be a let down.
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah good, keeping with tradition, then. Every new Impreza model introduced has been something of a let-down to the existing fanbase, since at least 2002.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    For me to be a player it needs:

*6MT
    *265+ HP
    *30+ MPG highway
    *$26,500 or less
    *Ice cold AC
    *Auto dimming rearview
    *blue tooth
    *33" plus rear leg room
    *folding rear seats

Not required but preferred:

*Hatch
    *recaros
    *sub 3400 lbs
    *DSG option
    *less understeer
    *stiffer suspension
    *top mounted cartridge oil filter
    *no timing belt
    *non auto ac
    *radio delete or non nav option
    *push button start
    *dccd
    *mechanical lsd
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Needs that 6th gear in a new transmission!
    I dunno. I know a LOT of people who really prefer the 5mt... including enthusiasts. I personally would love a 6 speed... but I've been finding more and more people lately who are considering or have already gotten a WRX over an STi because they'd prefer the 5 speed for a DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    I dunno. I know a LOT of people who really prefer the 5mt... including enthusiasts. I personally would love a 6 speed... but I've been finding more and more people lately who are considering or have already gotten a WRX over an STi because they'd prefer the 5 speed for a DD.
    That's only because the 5 spd actually has better ratios/taller gears compared to the current 6spd. If they literally keep the same gear ratios of the 5spd, and add a gear, meaning you can cruise in 6th while only around 2000-2200 rpms around 70-75mph, THEN it would be well worth it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying