Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#2,690 ·
From the Perrin blog:
"With my major issue with the WRX out of the way, we can hit on some of the positives. The engine is very very smooth. Its very quiet, in fact its so quiet that Subaru removed one of the resonator son the exhaust to help make it louder. The sound from the exhaust is still pretty mellow compared to the STI which is actually a good thing."

I think it's interesting that they removed the resonator on the WRX model. I wonder what the difference in sound is between the oem midpipe and an aftermarket resonated 3" diameter midpipe.

#2,691 ·
From the Perrin blog:
"With my major issue with the WRX out of the way, we can hit on some of the positives. The engine is very very smooth. Its very quiet, in fact its so quiet that Subaru removed one of the resonator son the exhaust to help make it louder. The sound from the exhaust is still pretty mellow compared to the STI which is actually a good thing."

I think it's interesting that they removed the resonator on the WRX model. I wonder what the difference in sound is between the oem midpipe and an aftermarket resonated 3" diameter midpipe.

#2,693 ·
exactly. It's funny bc people are asking $25-$27k for 2013/2014 wrxs lol. My 15 should be worth 29k at least with $1500 in extra tires and accessories. Losing $3k at this price for 2800 miles lol

#2,697 ·
If only Subaru would bring the Levorg over here...

Same 2.0L DIT engine as the '15 WRX (but 296hp), AWD, and in a wagon package. They also debuted a new 1.6L turbo, which is equivalent in power to the 2.5L NA engines found in the Forester and Legacy. CVT is only transmission option, though. :/

Here are some pics my Japanese friend in Yokkaichi sent me from the local Subaru dealer. He's a big Subaru fan (or "Soobah" as they pronounce it in Japan), and always sends me pics of the new JDM models. He drives a JDM Fozzie XT.

I'd be ok with this being the WRX hatch, although it does look remarkably similar to a Volvo wagon...

#2,716 ·
Kprugbyplayer sent this to me:

I responded to him, but I'll post it here for everyone else:

So that compressor is EXACTLY the same size as the VF48/52

With a smaller turbine to complement the smaller displacement. Nice. That car should make good power with just a tune. I'm guessing very similar to the outgoing EJ25

Vf48 has 82 trim on the turbine, so it should flow more, but the fa20dit turbo location should harness more energy

#2,719 ·
Steering wheel controls will work with almost any HU, but you need the ASWC-1 module that this guy didn't get. They're cheap and fairly easy to hardwire into your harness. The nice thing about them is that they automatically detect and assign your steering wheel buttons. Although I have read that you still have to program in the "hang-up" button for our cars, pretty minor.

Here's some more info:
ae64.com - Head Unit Installation with Subaru 20-pin Harness

96accord, 8 weeks is a long time. I ended up buying something every other week to help with the wait ha.

#2,722 ·
Picked up my 2015 Limited w/ Nav last night. Can anyone verify whether their car with Nav shows audio info on the Multi-Function display. The manual seems to suggest it would on some models but my car does not seem to have the option to have any audio information appear on the multi-function? Thanks.

#2,729 ·
I simply do not agree. If you put the pedal to the floor and expect it to to take off with instant power, than yeah... "the gap you're trying to fill" isn't going to be very quickly. But if you actually use the paddle shifters and the pedal as you do once you actually get used to driving your vehicle, it'll fair better than most automatics. When I first got it, a lot of the complaints about how long it takes to find it's gear I can understand. It took me a little while to get used to working the pedal and shifters together if I want to accelerate fast. If you can't get the power out of it the way you want, then maybe it's time you altered your approach. The CVT shifts very fast, this has been my experience. I mean, not even a second slower, .8 slower than the manual, seriously? A tragedy...

I'm just glad my wife agreed to getting an Auto-WRX as opposed to a No-WRX, and I couldn't be happier. Also why are people using a WRX as a drag racer anyways? It's a WRX, AWD gripping machine, they do two things really well, corners, and year round driveability. Manual or Auto, people need to love it for what it is in it's class and stop expecting it to perform more like a GTR.

#2,730 ·
I drove 1100 miles in my CVT WRX yesterday and today. I took I95 from FL to NJ. I kept in I and the AC on full auto at 74. I drove w cruise control on at 75 mph for over 95% of the time. The only times I messes with the throttle were when passing/ on exit ramps/ town. My triple meter redout showed 33.9 for the whole trip. It is awesome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.