Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#2,638 ·
#2,646 ·
Ordered my gbp base wrx on 4/8/14 it came in on 5/22/14 and the original eta was June. Seems like it all depends on what you order for when it comes in. Some sooner than others. I never got my Vin. They just called and said it was in. I called soa just to get a status update 2 weeks beforehand and they still said eta of June so I don't know. I wouldn't worry, it will be here soon enough

#2,648 ·
My order is a base as well, but it's taking the full 8 weeks. Even though I prepared myself for the full 8-10 weeks when I made the order, this past week has been rough. I think you're right about the allocation though, when I ordered my car, my dealership was already expecting 3 within the next week. So I must have narrowly missed out on getting one of those as my order.

#2,652 ·
Don't listen to these pessimists! (jk) They told me 6-8 roughly, came off the boat in 6 weeks. The dealer kind of explained how the actual ordering and delivery process works a little more. (allocation). Apparently there is a Regional and District head that oversees all of the cars that get distributed in an area (many of which are randomly batch ordered and assembled), then he and his team get to pick and choose according to location, time, and need of these cars. In essence, your car could get bumped up if they have one that meets your model specs and color and the dealer is able to see it and nab it early. Or you could end up waiting the full 8-12 weeks. Part of it is luck, and part of it is how well your particular dealer pays attention and how "important" they are to regional. I got a little lucky as the dealer was able to get one for me early that happened to be on the shipment, that wasn't actually bound for me.
My philosophy is expect the worst (8-12 weeks) and if it comes in early then that's a plus :)

That's pretty lame that they have such limited availabilty on these cars in the states up north. When I passed by my local dealer down here in South FL, they had over 7 cars in the lot including 2 STis, one being LE.
I see a few WRX's and STi's at dealerships around me but they aren't what I want. First of all I don't want an STi. Some dealerships have 4+ Launch Edition STi's by me which is crazy. I do like the LE but I'm not paying MSRP. But that's another topic.

As for WRX's the dealership I went to yesterday had 4 WRX's that I saw. One base WRB. One Silver Premium. One White (unsure if premium or base). One GBP Base (just came in from a preorder)

Most WRX's up here at dealerships either are pre-orders or are sold VERY quickly. I keep looking at the dealerships online inventory (sure its not updated that often) and I see WRXs in transit but few days later they arent on there.

My buddy works at the dealership that I ordered mine through and he's going to keep looking in their system and keep me updated if it shows anything.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

#2,649 ·
Yea, I think the base models come in faster it seems like. Plus I didn't want any options so it didn't spent much time at the port either. Also I think they cut back production of wrx's so they can put more forestors on dealer lots because they are selling well. So I think that delivery times have been a little longer than when I ordered.

#2,655 ·
Same here. Nobody around ATL that I could find is willing to come off of MSRP. Which is why I'll be heading to NJ soon.

#2,658 ·
Not only that but Troncalli tried to tell me that they could even get the one I wanted that I would have to pick from what they could get.

#2,663 ·
When I was looking for a WRX premium in Orlando, I used a search radius of 150 miles. The best figure that I could get through USAA was 300 under MSRP. I talked to a dealer in another town on the phone, and after negotiations, he did me 1000 under MSRP.

I presented that offer to my local dealer, and they suggested I drop everything and chain myself to the car under MSRP.

I ended up buying that one last month.

Funny thing is, the local dealer called me yesterday to see if I wanted to talk turkey about their car.

My point is, I think a lot of the early rush may be drying up now, and I suspect cars on the lot and dealer behavior will reflect that shortly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

#2,664 ·
Picked up my 2015 CWP WRX Limited with STi Short Throw Shifter for $29,329 yesterday. It is amazing to drive, sound, pull... The 2nd gear is a little notchy when you let go of the clutch to engage, but I am enjoying every bit of it.

Already ordered Grimmspeed License Plate relocation kit, taillight, fog light tint, "i" matte black on white emblem overlays and a turbo keychain :) I can post pictures when all the parts come in if anybody would like to see!

#2,677 ·
+1

I used Perrin's OTS stage 1 map on my old '08 and it transformed the way the car performed. I think they adjusted it for altitude as well. If (LOL - when) I decide to mod the performance, it's going to be through these guys. My car feels out of tune right now, pretty much like my last WRX as well. I really like how they talk about adjusting the throttle percentages in that article.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.