Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#2,098 · (Edited)
Hi

I am new to this forum. I need some help making a decision on my purchase.
I have two buying options:
1) Pre order for $25900 which will take around 6 weeks.
2) A dealer has a car coming up in 3 weeks. He has quated $26500.
This car has a STi short throw shifter , center armrest and a few small acessories.

I wasn't originally planning to add any accessories.
Are the shirt shifter and armrest worth spending $600 extra? And yeah with a lesser wait time.
I dnt know much about a short throw shifter.

Suggestions please.

Thank you

#2,099 ·
Hi

I am new to this forum. I need some help making a decision on my purchase.
I have two buying options:
1) Pre order for $25900 which will take around 6 weeks.
2) A dealer has a car coming up in 3 weeks. He has quated $26500.
This car has a STi short throw shifter , center armrest and a few small acessories.

I was originally planning to add any accessories.
Are the shirt shifter and armrest worth spending $600 extra?
And yeah with a lesser wait time.

Suggestions please.

Thank you
That's your call whether 3 weeks wait and a couple accessories are worth 600$. Do you want those accessories and do you need the car this second or can you wait 3 weeks. Also the wait time will probably be longer than 6 weeks. Most are getting their cars between 6 to 8 weeks. I ordered earlier this month and was told it would take until june

#2,114 ·
I just watched that video before you posted it. It sounds SO good. I really love the exhaust note.

#2,117 ·
I just got notified my June delivery date has been pushed up to possibly this Monday, but no later than May 9th! Now I'm freaking out because I wasn't quite sold on the car yet. I've sat in a couple, but haven't driven one. I didn't think it was to die for when I sat in them . (I sat in the same limited model I have ordered.) Plus, I have never owned a turbo Subaru, and wonder about reliability. I maintain my cars per manufacturer recommendations, don't really mod, and have always gotten 150,000 miles or more out of my vehicles without ANY issues. I'd expect the same out of this car but after reading forums, I'm concerned. Any thoughts from the crowd still reading this thread?

#2,118 ·
What have you read about reliability in the 2015s? It is far to early in the car's life to make any real judgments about that.

That being said, this motor (in different variations) has been used in the BRZ and 2014+ FXT's. Neither of those cars have any compromised reliability. If a Subaru is taken care of it will last just as long, if not longer, than most brands out there. Reliability would honestly be the last thing on my mind. Subaru has proven themselves in that arena time and time again.

#2,128 ·
You are probably right. I was on ft86club and saw some issues there with the fa, which appears to be even in the 14 model. Also, I have read issues throughout the net from people complaining about Subaru turbo motor reliability. My thoughts were initially those people are those who mod like crazy, and blame it on Subaru. So I created a thread and asked if that was right, and got no response. Now I'm wondering if no response is good, or bad for my purchase. I know you are right about the 15 being new, but I also look at a manufacturers reliability history as part of their present, and close future. That's why I ask here, because I'm new to the brand, and know a lot of negative reputation can be created by the modding public who want to blame someone else for their play time. I just don't know how much of that is the case, or if I just need to chill, buy the car, and expect a pretty much trouble free ownership.

Anyone's experience would be helpful, especially those with a positive one, with lots of miles on their cars. This helps because I drive so much, I can't replace my car every other year, and will put probably 150-200k on this thing in five years.
I am right there with you. I must have reliability with my cars strictly for affordability especially with the mileage I drive every year. Last time I chose the rsx over the wrx for that reason. Loved the car, still miss it. I started the same type of poll and several people have replied, but it did not inspire confidence. With all of that said I have one on order and it should be here mid next month as well. All of the videos you can easily find of someone blowing the motor, and even on this forum two weeks ago someone reported the same thing on a 13. I am definitely worried, but hope it holds out. Only other option is a less than exciting accord.

#2,133 ·
All of the videos you can easily find of someone blowing the motor, and even on this forum two weeks ago someone reported the same thing on a 13.
Keep in mind that the 2015 has a completely redesigned engine using much newer technology. That means it could be stronger or it could have new quirks, but it has been around in other vehicles and tuned to power outputs not made in the WRX. Another factor to consider is how people drive them - try putting a turbo on the RSX so you have a similar performance level, then hammer it around and see how long it lasts... I would bet that you'd see more trouble than doing the same in a WRX of any year :)

#2,132 ·
I had the chance to see/sit in/listen to a 2015 WRB WRX Limited last night at a weekly meet. It's exactly what I want!

It had the Navi/Stereo Upgrade/Keyless Entry package along with the short shifter.

I want one but can't justify that $2500 package for the navi/stereo/keyless. I'd rather use my phone's GPS and upgrade the stereo down the road. Push button start was pretty cool tho.

It was dark so I couldn't see the WRB that well :(

#2,135 ·
For those of you who are wondering what the FA20 sounds like in the new 2015 WRX. Here is a video of a guy over on NASIOC who dropped his new WRX off at Nameless Performance and had them make a cat back. Personally, I think it sounds pretty good.

#2,150 ·
I get it, supply and demand. However we have one dealer in the area that no matter what charges top dollar for the WRX or any Subaru for that matter. When we purchased our outback they would not budge off MSRP. So anyway I have really wanted to see the WRX in person. This dealership ended up having one on the lot today. I decided that I would stop by to see what it looked like. When I arrived I found this in the window. I was shocked, talk about price gouging! Text Material property Font

#2,157 ·
I get it, supply and demand. However we have one dealer in the area that no matter what charges top dollar for the WRX or any Subaru for that matter. When we purchased our outback they would not budge off MSRP. So anyway I have really wanted to see the WRX in person. This dealership ended up having one on the lot today. I decided that I would stop by to see what it looked like. When I arrived I found this in the window. I was shocked, talk about price gouging! View attachment 145449
Thats nothing! There is a dealer here in Portland that is trying to add a 5k dealer market adjustment to all their WRX's and STI's.

#2,151 ·
Another thought. When I saw the new WRX and old WRX side by side I really liked the way the old one looked compared to the new one. The old one just has the wide fenders a nicer stance, and I think the big difference is the length of the hood. The new one is very short from bumper to windshield vs the old one was very proportionate. The interior is nicer in the new one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.