Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#1,267 ·
^^Nice.. for some reason other countries websites seem to have better pictures of the cars and more user friendly..

DGM is indeed a great looking color. For me, I can't decide betwen DGM and CWP.

It's nice that in Australia they offer leather on the premium model, can't get it here unless you get limited right?

#1,268 ·
It's nice that in Australia they offer leather on the premium model, can't get it here unless you get limited right?
They only have two models, base and premium. Their base looks like it is similar to the Canadian Sports trim (LED included) without the sunroof. The Premium gets leather, nav and HK as standard just like the Canadian Sport Tech.

#1,291 ·
I was just curious!! Now we are almost in April and cars already been delivered to owners but when do you think is 2016 will come out? End of this year or beginning of next year? Do you all have any idea!!

#1,294 ·
I was a complete idiot with a Honda Accord. I regularly hit speeds over 90mph, got it up to 105mph. No airbags, and I always did it on roads that cut through a wooded area. Just pure and plain stupid. I'd never do anything like that now. Ever. (Except in a rally race or something. That way innocent people wouldn't be at risk.. I hope)
So i personally wouldn't trust a kid like myself with a powerful car. But that AWD. Man. Good luck with that decision. Glad it's not me going through that thought process.

-GhostStrykre

#1,296 ·
Yeah, I've actually thought a lot about an NA Impreza. Safe and slowish. And yo, I could drop in a turboed FA20 tuned to 380hp...oh wait, that would defeat the purpose...

I was also a big idiot at 16, in a Chevy Impala with a 350 small block. Talk about a car that no one intended to cruise at over 100mph...but which did on numerous occasions. Girls always seemed a little more sensible, statistically speaking, when I was in high school. But who knows.

#1,299 ·
I'm torn on what an ideal first car should be.
I had a rwd buick skylark clunker my parents bought me (for well under $1k) for my first which really taught me quite bit about cars and how hey handle. Put it in a ditch the first week I had a permanent license around a corner with loose gravel and then again in the pouring rain on a curvy road a year later. Then I had several crappy manual cars like a Nissan Sentra wagon, Mazda 626, Nissan 200sx a Toyota Tercel. I may be forgetting a car or two in there somewhere but I think that was all of them before my first new car. None of these cars were new or even cost more than $2k. But I learned quite a bit driving them.

#1,304 ·
that's pretty awesome. i definitely would never be one of the first 50 to order that, but i like the idea.

What Raven Logics said makes a lot of sense..you have to evaluate each child based on what you know about them. This kid could go either way...she's a damn sight smarter than I was at that age, but also has a "fearless" thing going on. She won a 1st place in barrel-racing in the last horse show, if any of you know what that means.

Not quite sure what to do on this front. I have about a year to sort it out. Having a powerful car for my first was good and bad...I learned out to control oversteer (hell, I powerslid that thing around wet parking lots every chance I got), but I was a teenaged male trying to make up for the fact that he was barely 5 feet tall. (Finally made it to 5'7" in college!)

I suspect that the right thing to do is to sell it, in favor of something that appears "fun" to her, but that is reasonable, like a used, recent-model VW Beetle. For some reason it breaks my heart, though..
i agree with willbo on the impreza suggestion. my family was super pro-Honda so i never knew about subaru's until i got older. at this point in my life, i wish i had had an impreza in my teens. it just seems right to me. but giving up your WRX def blows. is it possible to remove the turbo on the WRX and make it naturally aspirated (this is a serious question, i really don't know if this is possible)?

#1,302 ·
What Raven Logics said makes a lot of sense..you have to evaluate each child based on what you know about them. This kid could go either way...she's a damn sight smarter than I was at that age, but also has a "fearless" thing going on. She won a 1st place in barrel-racing in the last horse show, if any of you know what that means.

Not quite sure what to do on this front. I have about a year to sort it out. Having a powerful car for my first was good and bad...I learned out to control oversteer (hell, I powerslid that thing around wet parking lots every chance I got), but I was a teenaged male trying to make up for the fact that he was barely 5 feet tall. (Finally made it to 5'7" in college!)

I suspect that the right thing to do is to sell it, in favor of something that appears "fun" to her, but that is reasonable, like a used, recent-model VW Beetle. For some reason it breaks my heart, though..

#1,303 ·
Don't get VW anything unless you plan on spending countless weekends with a multimeter chasing electrical gremlins. My friend's Beetle had all sorts of issues, but hey, it had a stick shift and was glacially slow, so it's got that going for it, I guess.

Any way would could put the bugeye into storage and find an inexpensive "starter" car without selling the bugeye? You're more than welcome to park the bugeye at my house if you make that Cascades hike you were thinking about. ;)

#1,307 ·
That would be a nice bookend to my modern variant of the 86, lol!
My car was tuned with an AccessPort, so I supposed I could get a wastegate-pressure map made.

Yeah, I have doubts about the VW option as well, Isaac. I brought it up because she thinks that they're cute. :wiggles:
Sorry, I took this thread waaaay OT...back to our regularly scheduled program...

#1,321 ·
Okay, picked my car up yesterday. Here are my first impressions. Ask any questions you want.

Power...instant. I pushed it really hard around a corner and it felt planted. Active torque vectoring must have been working as I didn't have any understeer. Clutch and brakes are nice and the 6 speed transmission felt nice. Positive shifts and relatively short throws. The Harman Kardon sounds really good and the push button start is nice. Leather seats are very comfortable. Seat heaters work really well. Interior is really nice. Have lots of soft touch material. The only thing I really didn't like too much was the back up camera. It uses the 4.3 multi display instead of the navi screen. I do understand why they did that though. The back up camera is standard on all trim levels and they all have the multi display screen so it made sense to use that since the navi screen is optional. Very little road noise for what it is. Very acceptable to me. I don't hear any wind noise on highway speed. 70 MPH = 2,600 RPM. That 6th gear is nice for cruising on the highway with low RPM. I got 32.6 MPG on the 20 mile ride home from the dealer.

At the dealer:

For the folks that ordered the Limited, be happy. These LED headlights are amazing!

LED C

Nice cut off

#1,322 ·
Omg... so hawt. I got everything you did except I got the premium with the nav. I had to choose between the limited with leather and no upgraded sound, or premium with cloth and upgraded sound. I went with the latter.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they all have the LED c light, but you got HID headlights where I did not. I could be wrong tho.

I know the car is pretty fresh to you, but how do you feel about the longevity of the vehicle? My base mustang didn't scream quality on the inside when I got it so in the back of my mind I knew it was gonna fall apart (and it did).
How would you rate your initial impressions on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being amazeballs.

-GhostStrykre

#1,323 ·
No, only the Limited gets the LED C. Base and standard gets halogen bulb including the C and you don't get the black out interior. It is chrome.

This car feels very premium to me even though it is from a economy family. I would rate it a solid 8 for what it is. Even when you close the door, it has a very nice deep thunk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.