The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 99
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 214 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3198

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by shasan546

/month... except my crazy gas bill every month Yeah, this on that GBS I posted above...

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    $0/month... except my crazy gas bill every month
    Yeah, this on that GBS I posted above

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Surfandskim92 View Post
    So for those who have gotten there '15 wrx or already know what they will be paying when they get theirs. How much a month are you paying for yours ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i haven't seen anyone mention a lease yet, so i'll throw that into the mix here. the "guesstimate" numbers my dealer and i plugged in before i ordered came out to about $345/mo with $2500 down on a 3 year lease. we assumed worst case scenario in much of our numbers (used a lower than anticipated residual) and assumed 12,000 miles per year on the lease.

now, about a year ago i'd never ever do a lease. i still am not enthusiastic about it, but here is my plan: 3 year lease, at the end of the lease purchase the WRX with a 3 year loan. it's the same as having a 6 year loan except you have a "bailout" ability at the midway point (yes i know it's not exactly the same, there are some differences, but the end result is nearly the same).

the reason i'm leasing is because i'm finishing up graduate school for my MBA right now, and i have no more than 2 years of school left, so by saving the $50-$75 a month is worth it to me. so by the time the lease is up, i should theoretically be in a better place, financially, than i am now. if not, turn the car in at the end of the lease.

i only mention all this info so that people who might be considering their options can see how many variables for estimation go into the lease. i'm taking a risk betting on having a better job at the end of the lease (it's a low risk, but a risk nonetheless). credit score, residual, tax rate, etc. can all play into this just like a loan. it just seems like there is a ton more variation between individuals leasing than individuals taking a loan. good luck, and pick what works best for you.

p.s. $0/month? that's awesome!

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    man... wtf is it with the new england area getting showered with WRX's and STi's right now?

meanwhile in Ohio I'm 2 weeks out away from the WRX i ordered (on the second day preorders were available). No local dealers seem to have any either... living in the midwest can be a drag lol. cheap cost of living is the only thing we got goin for us... and sportsball teams. and frequently they can suck.
    The Lone Star state, in comparison sucks balls when it comes to '15 WRX. The largest city in the state can't even muster a single '15 WRX, it is a stinking shame and an embarrassment to the lone Star state. How are we to evaluate the so called "new CVT- turbo 8 speed auto cop" or..or how are we to see or dare I say FEEL the 1-2 punch of the supposed new-found luxury of the interior AND Exterior?! I am appalled, saddened and deeply and totally discouraged!! I like how you said sportsball teams and it got me to respond as well as same cheap cost of living however being a drag due to 105+ hot weather in the summer months. Could this be a nemesis to the new fandangled DI 6MT tranny of the WRX?!

On a sidenote, did anyone notice that Subaru projected the handling of the '15 WRX to surpass the handling of the outgoing STI? (think <= '14) or..or the 10k pop handling of the '15 STI to surpass and exceed that of a Porsche 911? Porche(prononced Pore-sha) It's ALL GOOD, gracious, great BALLER of FIRE the '15 Rex!!
    As we used to say with so much exclamation in the game of Dominoes,
    "FIFTEEN, FOOL!!!"
    Now You in Shutdown Mode.
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 04-02-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Not necessarily - I could do a lot better with the cash than stick it into a car if I were more of a risk-taker. I wish I got this out of my system when I was your age

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    The Lone Star state, in comparison sucks balls when it comes to '15 WRX. The largest city in the state can't even muster a single '15 WRX, it is a stinking shame and an embarrassment to the lone Star state. How are we to evaluate the so called "new" CVT- turbo" or..or how are we to see or sare I say FEEL the supposed new-found luxury of the interior AND Exterior?! I am appalled, saddened and deeply and totally discouraged!! I like how you said sportsball teams and it got me to respond as well as same cheap cost of living however being a drag due to 105+ hot weather in the summer months. Could this be a nemesis to the new fandangled DI 6MT tranny of the WRX?! On a sidenote, did anyone notice that Subaru projected the handling of the WRX to surpass the handling of the outgoing STI? (think < '14) or..or the 10k pop handling of the STI to surpass and exceed that of a Porsche 911? Porche(prononced Pore-sha) It's ALL GOOD, gracious, great BALLER of FIRE the '15 Rex!!
    If I stop drinking will I understand this?

don't put money down on a lease. Horrible idea.

& $0/month is b.c I'm buying it in cash. My gas bill is almost $500/month tho

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Not necessarily - I could do a lot better with the cash than stick it into a car if I were more of a risk-taker. I wish I got this out of my system when I was your age
    nah i think its awesome lol. Not having a car payment is very "freeing" lol. i have enough $ in investments; etc. Putting another 30k in isn't really going to make me any meaningful money.

Quote Originally Posted by shasan546 View Post
    don't put money down on a lease. Horrible idea.

& $0/month is b.c I'm buying it in cash. My gas bill is almost $500/month tho
    I'd love to avoid the lease but my nearly 4 year old Mustang has a new problem every month. Was a nightmare this winter. Long story short, the lease just works best for me at this juncture. It fit my budget and some other goals I had when looking for a new car. In the future, I hope to pay in cash, but that's just not in the cards for me right now. Leases need to be evaluated carefully, and negotiated well. I'll be sure to evaluate it against a loan once last time before I sign.

-GhostStrykre

I hope I can get a decent trade on my 14 Fiesta ST. It is weird that I am considering the new WRX after owning 3 Evos.

i haven't seen anyone mention a lease yet, so i'll throw that into the mix here. the "guesstimate" numbers my dealer and i plugged in before i ordered came out to about $345/mo with $2500 down on a 3 year lease. we assumed worst case scenario in much of our numbers (used a lower than anticipated residual) and assumed 12,000 miles per year on the lease.

now, about a year ago i'd never ever do a lease. i still am not enthusiastic about it, but here is my plan: 3 year lease, at the end of the lease purchase the WRX with a 3 year loan. it's the same as having a 6 year loan except you have a "bailout" ability at the midway point (yes i know it's not exactly the same, there are some differences, but the end result is nearly the same).

the reason i'm leasing is because i'm finishing up graduate school for my MBA right now, and i have no more than 2 years of school left, so by saving the $50-$75 a month is worth it to me. so by the time the lease is up, i should theoretically be in a better place, financially, than i am now. if not, turn the car in at the end of the lease.

i only mention all this info so that people who might be considering their options can see how many variables for estimation go into the lease. i'm taking a risk betting on having a better job at the end of the lease (it's a low risk, but a risk nonetheless). credit score, residual, tax rate, etc. can all play into this just like a loan. it just seems like there is a ton more variation between individuals leasing than individuals taking a loan. good luck, and pick what works best for you.

Just a heads up, I was looking at leasing but apparently Subaru of America is not currently offering leases on the WRX/STI. Was told this by two different dealers.

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

Few more I was able to take with my phone between rain storms today.
    Last edited by Fyrrwin; 04-02-2014 at 02:19 AM.

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Dude, I'm "wheeling and dealing" on the remaining '14s that are left and here is why... The '15 WRX is more tech (think DI) in a smaller and unproven engine (think "new" 2.0 liter)that is slower and in a package THAT IS NOT APPRECIABLY BETTER LOOKING AT ALL WHAT SO EVER (I hate bulging rear tail-lamps especially if they got hit with a sloppy frumpy stick..anyone notice how hideous the rear tail lights are and they TOTALLY COPPED HONDA CIVIC in their "Reverse your thinking commercials?!) Other then being mildly more upscale which is the net result and just a facet of different sheet-metal and not a superior design, IMHO. Also the outgoing '14s use a bigger engine and get to 60 MPH in mid 4s versus the shift it three times mid 5s for the 2.0 liter.

Sorry, fail and I don't care how well it handles barring an awesome test drive which is constantly out of reach due to NO-SHOW availability status. The only exception for me is the CVT-turbo. If it indeed gets to 60 mph in close to high 5s then it might be a steal but oh wait sorry once again, wop wop wop wahhh, shutdown mode, the way they have "trimmed" priced The CVT-gutless wonder, you are paying, FORCE(OMG!), for higher trim cause it is a NO SHOW status in the base model and so CVT only available in the Limited and above thus pushing the CVT-gutless wonder price above 30k price. Bad value on top of the perennial bad investment king!

I bet I can get a dealer to "give me" the 14 Wrx maybe 1-2k below invoice once they get some '15s in. What say you in terms of negotiating down on remaining '14s to capitalize on the fervor of the '15 release? A little reverse psychology to reverse their thinking and to turn(no pun) the tables on Soob!

I am still not giving up on my DREAM a little Dream and it looks like either the '14 WRX MT with the mid 4s 0-60 or the '15 CVT Turbo with slashed down pricing and no amount of perspiration will dissuade this parade!
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 04-02-2014 at 11:56 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Also the outgoing '14s use a bigger engine and get to 60 MPH in mid 4s versus the shift it three times mid 5s for the 2.0 liter.
    you're grasping at straws.

Those of us that have been around the Subaru game know what the EJ motor can do, and have seen what the FA20 can do in the BRZ/FRS. The bigger engine isn't the better engine.

Also, you must mean "slower" in a straight line? In the corners the new WRX murders the outgoing STi. You want stoplight racing? Dude, buy a 420hp Mustang.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol the 0-60 argument again. Nice try.

Go buy a 2014 and be happy. No point getting that worked up about a car you don't like. Unless you're trying to justify your decision to get a 2014 to everyone. You're wasting your words though. We don't really care.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    You want stoplight racing? Dude, buy a 420hp Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    We don't really care.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.