The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 95
Page 95 of 209 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 3134

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Willbo This is what you can do while driving. (images used from Rainking) What is this one ...

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    This is what you can do while driving. (images used from Rainking)

What is this one then? Only the C LEDS are on. Sorry I'm confused because the one above shows the yellowish upper fog/low beam lights on with the LEDS and the one on the bottom shows just the C lights.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

C lights alone when parked with parking break on. C lights plus DRL while driving. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    a big thanks for the video Rainking! a couple things I noticed besides the awesome c-lights:
    - the nav system seems pretty responsive. while i did see a few tiny buttons, the system was actually responding to your inputs fairly quickly and sharply. i'm pretty stoked about this because it at least makes me feel better about paying $2000 for it.
    - the speakers seemingly sounded great. that harmon kardon thumped. this may have been audio through a go-pro, but it sounded pretty rich to me. again, that makes me feel better about the $2000.
    - finally, that garage of yours is awesome. how is everyone not talking about that?! tons of room and it is SOOOO well lit! i'd die if i had that. frequently when i'm under my car i have to turn the camera flash on from my phone to be able to see (that changed recently when i bought a cheap $1 light at a gas station).
    Glad you enjoyed it. Smash that reputation button bellow my name.

Yes, the navi is very responsive. I'm happy with it. I was worried about it too based on Subaru's infotainment reviews but it works very well. Paired to my iPhone, calls are clear over bluetooth, streaming works well and my songs are playing before I even pull out of the garage. It syncs pretty quick compared to other cars I've had. Voice commands works really good too. You just need to learn the commands. Well worth the price.

Harman Kardon sounds good. Nice clean bass. Tweak the equilizer to your liking. It made a huge difference for me. You can store up to 5 settings.

Thanks! I love my garage! My buddy and I built last summer! We did everything except for the pad. It's a 24'x36'x10' and installed a bunch of lights Can never have enough of those. Oh, and outlets! I went crazy with those too!

Haha yeah I feel that on the garage. Lighting is the number one way to get pissed off at whatever you're doing before you even start doing it. Don't know if that makes sense lol.

So the blue tooth is clear as well huh? That's great news. Any word from callers on how you sound on the other end?

A lot of people don't realize that voice commands are almost a language for the car. You gotta learn it to talk to her. I just got an Xbox One, and that kinect sensor is built around the idea of voice commands. Even with that, I had to learn the phrases to get it working smoothly.

-GhostStrykre

I Support ClubWRX
    STI Mikey is a very well known tuner. He got his hands on 2 2015 WRXs and 1 2015 STI. The results are good....well mostly lol

NASIOC - View Single Post - 2015 WRX & 2015 STi preliminary results
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Also interested to know how the bluetooth call quality is - particularly when traveling at a decent speed.

i keep meaning to ask this of everyone. the 2015 Subaru WRX is coming with summer performance tires. i really don't like the idea of having to buy winter tires come november. so my dealer offered to give me a $300 credit. I can use that to get 4 Ultra Performance All-Season tires and only eat a cost of about $140. should I do that and get those all-seasons, or will i really be losing a lot by forfeiting the summer performance tires?
    i've heard the stock tires are just average from most reviewers, so maybe my ultra performance all seasons will be an upgrade in the end? i don't know, i've just heard that all-season tires are average by nature. not particularly good at one thing. thoughts?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i keep meaning to ask this of everyone. the 2015 Subaru WRX is coming with summer performance tires. i really don't like the idea of having to buy winter tires come november. so my dealer offered to give me a $300 credit. I can use that to get 4 Ultra Performance All-Season tires and only eat a cost of about $140. should I do that and get those all-seasons, or will i really be losing a lot by forfeiting the summer performance tires?
    i've heard the stock tires are just average from most reviewers, so maybe my ultra performance all seasons will be an upgrade in the end? i don't know, i've just heard that all-season tires are average by nature. not particularly good at one thing. thoughts?
    I am a firm believer that all-season tires = no-season tires.

The best way to go is to purchase a set of decent wheels and snow tires, mount your snow tires on the stock wheels, and put the summers on the new wheels. Profit.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I am a firm believer that all-season tires = no-season tires.

The best way to go is to purchase a set of decent wheels and snow tires, mount your snow tires on the stock wheels, and put the summers on the new wheels. Profit.
    you think i'd be able to grab some wheels off of a totaled impreza in a junkyard or something and slap the winter tires on them? that could seriously lower the cost. i don't need fancy rims for the winter. or is the bolt pattern different on the 2015 WRX?

I Support ClubWRX
    you think i'd be able to grab some wheels off of a totaled impreza in a junkyard or something and slap the winter tires on them? that could seriously lower the cost. i don't need fancy rims for the winter. or is the bolt pattern different on the 2015 WRX?

2015s are 5x114.3 so no. Old WRX/Impreza wheels won't work.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

First dyno run of the new WRX.. 210 HP at the wheels.. CVT tranny though.

Oq555VpiUvs
    Last edited by Subiaficionado; 04-08-2014 at 05:35 PM.

zax
    I think you ought to find some STi BBSs off 2005-2007 STi before they skyrocket in price.

Facebook me here

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    First dyno run of the new WRX.. 210 HP at the wheels.. CVT tranny though.

Yep 2015 dyno numbers look lower than the outgoing model, despite the inability to compare 1:1. Still, I can promise it will be a worthwhile investment.

Facebook me here

I think you ought to find some STi BBSs off 2005-2007 STi before they skyrocket in price.
    Noted. I'm gonna stick with the summers then. I'll save my pennies and hope I can get a solid deal come fall. Thanks for the advice!

-GhostStrykre

Yep 2015 dyno numbers look lower than the outgoing model, despite the inability to compare 1:1. Still, I can promise it will be a worthwhile investment.
    Do you think manual models would have better numbers though?