The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 93
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 214 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 3198

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Newly posted (not me)...

Newly posted (not me)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    You are right, the better question is since noone wants to learn how to shift prior to all the enhancements that are hidden and that you can not see in the 15 Wrx(think suspension and steering and even safety with the knee airbag thangie), How many Wrxs will they sell in the auto-tragic CVT versus the what less then 10% of the MT in an auto-tragic world? It starts with test diving the CVT and seeing if 5.9 in the 0-60 will meet your needs with no shifting versus 5.3 (subie, Motor WEek tested) 0-60 with the new 6spd. You see, this kinda boggles my mind too because it is a smaller 2.0 liter but faster then the 2.5 liter and almost as fast as the outgoing ('14) MT, the CVT is. Get your grip right and this '15 can be gotten, get it?
    I'm somewhat confused by what you are writing, but I think I get what you're saying. The CVT might outsell the manual.
    I do want to say this: maybe the CVT isn't such a bad thing. If it generates more sales then perhaps it will encourage development of a hatchback somewhere down the line. more money for subaru will likely lead to better products for us. So long as the manual is always available then I'm for it.

-GhostStrykre

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

We'll scratch me getting mine on the 31. The dealer just emailed me saying they will be getting their shipment this Friday. The 7th of April

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    The million dollar question then for those who generate the sales(me, potentially) of the new 15 CVT will be the following, question being if the performance envelope of the 0-60 time, with all other things (suspension, steering) being equal, basically "isit a push" between the MT and the auto-CVT as far as 0-60(5.3 versus 5.9 so far but little sample size). Noone really cares, atleast not for the foreseeable future since Soob just cut the hatch OUT for MY '15, if a hatch comes out of increased sales since soobie put all their resource JUICE into the 15 WRX/STI SOLELY due to not having to spend resource time doing "homework on a hatch" If you do not support the current soobie's decision not to offer hatch then you also do not support the new '15 wrx and sti.

on a side note, congrats to Dayton for reaching the Final Four!

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    on a side note, congrats to Dayton for reaching the Final Four!
    Fired a little early on this did ya?

I would have loved to see Florida dethroned. Especially after the loss of my beloved Sparty.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Fired a little early on this did ya?

I would have loved to see Florida dethroned. Especially after the loss of my beloved Sparty.
    God it was so frustrating with Dayton losing to florida. It was the most hyped I've seen the city of Dayton in a long time. I was ready to hit the Oregon District and get tanked with friends last night. Crud.

From what I've seen about the no hatch decision, it was a good thing. The changes to the chassis and the everything they did in suspension really seems to have paid off. Every review so far can be summarized as "it looks quirky, but everything going else rules". That's a win, right? So years later they can focus on on the hatch. Maybe? I'm just speculating with absolutely zero basis in facy. So take my comments as such.

-GhostStrykre

You misunderstood, my question was which exterior color goes best with the default gray wheels that are on ALL the WRXs. For this, I see it just like the clothese you wear. Duh, red and blue go best with gray wheels and no I do not plan on modding the crap out of my brand new car like a foolio. But I got it narrowed down to the Blue, Red and even black eventhough I die very slowly(the die is the high) in the inferno that is SW texas with my current black Accord V6. You ee, I already know what fast feels like without shifting so I have to stack all the weight up and see how things measure.

You are right, the better question is since noone wants to learn how to shift prior to all the enhancements that are hidden and that you can not see in the 15 Wrx(think suspension and steering and even safety with the knee airbag thangie), How many Wrxs will they sell in the auto-tragic CVT versus the what less then 10% of the MT in an auto-tragic world? It starts with test diving the CVT and seeing if 5.9 in the 0-60 will meet your needs with no shifting versus 5.3 (subie, Motor WEek tested) 0-60 with the new 6spd. You see, this kinda boggles my mind too because it is a smaller 2.0 liter but faster then the 2.5 liter and almost as fast as the outgoing ('14) MT, the CVT is. Get your grip right and this '15 can be gotten, get it?
    ^^^ I agree with what he said. Seeing as no one knows what that is, you can't hold me to it later!

I replaced all the interior and exterior lights to LED.

License plate. Before and after.

Map dome.

Visor light:

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I replaced all the interior and exterior lights to LED.
    Nice job - very tasteful change as well! I am assuming this was an easy job to complete? I hadn't even considered this before but you have got me interested

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Nice job - very tasteful change as well! I am assuming this was an easy job to complete? I hadn't even considered this before but you have got me interested
    Thanks. Super easy. Makes a huge difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Love that you're moding it already lol. Even if it's just small stuff.

How did you get into the license plate lights?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Love that you're moding it already lol. Even if it's just small stuff.

How did you get into the license plate lights?

No time like the present time

Took the inter cover of the trunk off (had about 8 clips) and was able to twist them off and install the LED bulbs.

GoPro pic of the interior. Took some videos (walk around outside and playing with the navi/lights/buttons inside) but not sure if it is worth posting as everything already has been covered.

I Support ClubWRX
    GoPro pic of the interior. Took some videos (walk around outside and playing with the navi/lights/buttons inside) but not sure if it is worth posting as everything already has been covered.

Post it anyway. Haven't seen much of the navi actually.

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Post it. We who wait need our fix.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.