Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#363 ·
I'd hit that:

#365 ·
Velostar wouldn't be so bad if it were RWD at least

#387 ·
I agree!

I like everything about the new car. Well, mostly everything, I dislike it in white and red.

Also, I really really like the price point. They "say" a fully loaded Limited w/ CVT will be at around $33k. For a car that supposedly drives like it does you can't beat that price point in my opinion. I would imagine to get the car like I want it will be around $29k

#389 ·
#393 ·
I'm really anxious for someone here, who's owned a GD, (or even a newer model) to get one and give us an honest comparo. I'm sure that there will be lots of niceness to the new model..I think a lot of us will forever lament the loss of the "rawness" that went with the 2002-2007 cars. And if that's what the majority of the world really wanted, I'm sure that Subaru would have kept building them. Alas...

#397 ·
Just my 2 cents, but 0-60 is the silliest performance measure ever, at least if you're using it to decide on which car to buy. Blinker Fluid consumption/mile is ever so much better.

seriously speaking though, quarter mile trap speed ftw...somewhat relevant to real-world acceleration, and de-emphasizes the "drop-clutch-kill-the-tranny" approach to getting that 4 second 0-60 time.

#402 ·
160 on the speedometer... seems high for a WRX, considering for the last how many years has it been 140? Granted, newest latest and greatest to the lineup...however, it makes me wonder if i'll "want" or "need" an STi....

Sharp looking in blue, and I would love to play with some of the EVO's around me in it....

#404 ·
Nonsense poopy pants! just means we get to enjoy putting her on one...

Im' not all concerned that with weight. Yes, I would like a "lighter" car, then again, with the lat. G's being competitive with the EVO's, im not complaining much. Some sway bars, drop it an inch, intake, TBE and a good quality tune you probably wont notice it much.

#405 ·
3300lbs is reasonable when you start comparing to most modern sports sedans, and even sports cars like the Vette or 911.
OTOH, owning a lighter car has been an eye-opener.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.