The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 9
Page 9 of 203 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Said this on FB but, I really don't get the anger towards a CVT option, remember it is an OPTION. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Said this on FB but, I really don't get the anger towards a CVT option, remember it is an OPTION. You don't want it, don't buy it, no harm no fowl.

Personally I am excited about it. I wanted an automatic in my next car and this allows me to stay in the WRX family. I'm just lazy deal with it lol. I like the new styling too!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Deevs View Post
    So yep, the Rex and the STi will have different displacement engines. According to this information. Also, 6 speeds for the rex! Finally!!!
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    I already said it had a 6 speed

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolia View Post
    I already said it had a 6 speed
    My bad boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Deevs View Post
    My bad boss.

Ha no problem, I was just excited to finally be able to spill the beans!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Said this on FB but, I really don't get the anger towards a CVT option, remember it is an OPTION. You don't want it, don't buy it, no harm no fowl.

Personally I am excited about it. I wanted an automatic in my next car and this allows me to stay in the WRX family. I'm just lazy deal with it lol. I like the new styling too!

Meh, I'm not angry about it. But I enjoy knowing that if I see another WRX that it's definitely a manual. It means all the people who don't really care about the driving experience have been filtered out during the buying process. Anyone who's lazy won't own a WRX. It's kind of a club. You know straight away that the driver shares the same enthusiasm for driving as you. Anyone who felt manually shifting was just too much of a nuisance had to settle for something else. Something that wasn't a WRX or STi. Just because they couldn't be bothered.

I completely understand a manufacturer wanting to expand their audience and, in turn, their profits. But if you make the car accessible to everyone, it loses any cool points it might have had. Lotus Elise - cool? Yup. Because it's so sparse in terms of interior trim, it's manual only, it leaks when it rains, it's noisy, it rattles, it only has two seats, it's difficult to get in and out of, it's not much fun on a long freeway trip, etc., etc. For all those reasons, you won't see many of them on the road. Anyone who owns one has decided that they can live with all of that stuff because it's a blast to drive. And nothing else. Cool.

Because the CVT sucks. I don't want any of them tainting the water. It's an OPTION that I don't want ANYONE to have. Plenty of harm, plenty of fowl (birds?).

Still love ya though Foxy
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Meh, I'm not angry about it. But I enjoy knowing that if I see another WRX that it's definitely a manual. It means all the people who don't really care about the driving experience have been filtered out during the buying process. Anyone who's lazy won't own a WRX. It's kind of a club. You know straight away that the driver shares the same enthusiasm for driving as you. Anyone who felt manually shifting was just too much of a nuisance had to settle for something else. Something that wasn't a WRX or STi. Just because they couldn't be bothered.

I completely understand a manufacturer wanting to expand their audience and, in turn, their profits. But if you make the car accessible to everyone, it loses any cool points it might have had. Lotus Elise - cool? Yup. Because it's so sparse in terms of interior trim, it's manual only, it leaks when it rains, it's noisy, it rattles, it only has two seats, it's difficult to get in and out of, it's not much fun on a long freeway trip, etc., etc. For all those reasons, you won't see many of them on the road. Anyone who owns one has decided that they can live with all of that stuff because it's a blast to drive. And nothing else. Cool.
    Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    I very much agree with this. I too love knowing that someone who wants the car just because it's "cute" at least has to know how to use a clutch or can't have this one. =)

Haven't driven the Elise but used to have a 2zz. Loved that little motor. It's the only reason I'd consider getting in a Lotus. Well, the 2zz and that it's mounted into a shingle with wheels.

POV anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    POV anyone?
    I saw the rest of these pictures. First words I said when I saw them " no no no" This is a step backwards for Subaru. As someone who's longed for a Rex, I can't see myself behind the wheel of the 2015.

My lease is up in a few years on my FR-S. I think I'll take the 2013-2014 model when the time comes. Unless the 2016's blow me away. If this is the new gen, no thanks. Gimmie the old. With that said, I'd like to see what these renderings look like with the 2013 spoked wheels on them. Also, a CVT? Why?!
    Current Car: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT

Future Cars: 02-04 WRX (Still looking) - 2014 WRX hatch.

I Support ClubWRX
    So if I don't want a manual, I'm instantly no longer as enthusiastic as someone else?

BS! I have loved the WRX since I was 16 and the Bugeyes came to the US. I wanted one forever and finally got to a point where I could get one. I love my 2006 and this community. Just because I want a different driving experience than someone else does not mean I'm any less of an enthusiast.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

So if I don't want a manual, I'm instantly no longer as enthusiastic as someone else?

BS! I have loved the WRX since I was 16 and the Bugeyes came to the US. I wanted one forever and finally got to a point where I could get one. I love my 2006 and this community. Just because I want a different driving experience than someone else does not mean I'm any less of an enthusiast.

I'm just wondering why? I don't like the fact it's a 6 speed. I prefer a 5 speed. Ironic cause my car is a 6mt. So if that makes me less of an enthusiast, so be it.
    Current Car: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven 6MT

Future Cars: 02-04 WRX (Still looking) - 2014 WRX hatch.

It's not that your less of an enthusiast... more so less of an enthusiast for a "manual transmission."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by InfaRedd View Post
    I'm just wondering why? I don't like the fact it's a 6 speed. I prefer a 5 speed. Ironic cause my car is a 6mt. So if that makes me less of an enthusiast, so be it.
    There are many reasons (for me). The main two are I am getting much more lazy and my wife cannot/will not drive a manual. The next car I purchase is more than likely the car we will have when we start having children. She needs to be able to drive any car we have in case of emergency.

I came the the conclusion that my next car needed to be automatic and was worried I would have to leave the WRX family, now I can still drive the car I love.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    There are many reasons (for me). The main two are I am getting much more lazy and my wife cannot/will not drive a manual. The next car I purchase is more than likely the car we will have when we start having children. She needs to be able to drive any car we have in case of emergency.

I came the the conclusion that my next car needed to be automatic and was worried I would have to leave the WRX family, now I can still drive the car I love.
    I had the same issue. My wife's car was boring as hell. And she refused to learn to drive a manual. We got an XT(Auto) for her & I kept my WRX. So,if you can afford 2 cars...

I absolutely enjoy driving the auto XT ,especially in traffic.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.