The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 88
+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 214 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3198

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX That would be a nice bookend to my modern variant of the 86, lol! My car ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    That would be a nice bookend to my modern variant of the 86, lol!
    My car was tuned with an AccessPort, so I supposed I could get a wastegate-pressure map made.

Yeah, I have doubts about the VW option as well, Isaac. I brought it up because she thinks that they're cute.
    Sorry, I took this thread waaaay OT...back to our regularly scheduled program...
    Or just run the HP line right to the WGA.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think question we all need to be asking here is, Did Rainking pick his car up today or what?

PHOTOS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    I think question we all need to be asking here is, Did Rainking pick his car up today or what?

PHOTOS!!!
    Guess we can't blame him for being out playing in his new toy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez97 View Post
    Guess we can't blame him for being out playing in his new toy.
    True, I'm just dying to see one in an owners hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Willbo View Post
    True, I'm just dying to see one in an owners hands.
    Me too, this owner!

I need to live vicariously through his pictures videos and driving diaries until my car arrives lol

-GhostStrykre

Quote Originally Posted by ghoststrykre View Post
    I need to live vicariously through his pictures videos and driving diaries until my car arrives lol

-GhostStrykre
    So I'm not the only one searching the internet everyday for new videos?

Just found this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRndRTjdfg

Its around an hour long and goes into pretty good detail about everything, including sales pitch and the average buyer profile... Creepy...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ATLIF3 View Post
    including sales pitch and the average buyer profile... Creepy...
    Not really. That's standard market research.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by G0ATLIF3 View Post
    Just found this one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXRndRTjdfg

It goes into pretty good detail about the average buyer profile... Creepy...
    Nothing creepy about having one or 2(multiple) degrees second only to the fact as mentioned in the video that majority are mid 30s single without kids. The former sells a lot of Wrxs and to some degree the latter although "not by longshot much". The only thing not mentioned and that I would like to add is if you ever see any young (mid to low 20s) owners driving a WRX or STI, it's LARGELY due to mommy and daddy bank rolling it and relenting to constant whining and hopeless grovelling bordering on harassment, knowing they will mostly never work at all to or nary long or hard enough to even theoretically buy one on their own in their lifetime. Also, Canadians love Subarus too having 11% of world market.

Nice video and you see just how large a value base Wrx is in normal and curvy daily driving while Sti is definitely racing and/or rallying! think drifting a lot which is impractical in daily city driving but very conducive to track or rally course engagement. I have to interact with the '15 Wrx as an owner very soon. You 3rd gen Wrx/Sti owners are in trouble. Did anyone notice how the '15 WRX score a /93 in lateral quickness which is higher then the outgoing STI?? I thought this was the most significant revelations and supporting pillar as to just how LARGE a value the '15 wrx is even when you compare it to an STI!!! Here is the VERY short (compared to STi) video for the Wrx only :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOtkxoUus0

The BEST review of Wrx is by Aaron GOLD("mr physicality" for his "enthused" head-bobbing and arm movements) of AutoBytel and Count on It like Money in the Bank he is bang-bang, car people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2oVaZIfT64
    Last edited by AccordV62Wrx; 03-29-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Speaking of videos... Not sure if you guys found this one, it's pretty incredible. I'll save the surprise and let you figure it out. But seriously what other car manufacturer does this kind of stuff!?

Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    The only thing not mentioned and that I would like to add is if you ever see any young (mid to low 20s) owners driving a WRX or STI, it's LARGELY due to mommy and daddy bank rolling it and relenting to constant whining and hopeless grovelling bordering on harassment, knowing they will mostly never work at all to or nary long or hard enough to even theoretically buy one on their own in their lifetime.
    Where are you from mate? In London there are several young kids in finance or stocks earning more on their bonuses than the average person earns in a year. In Alberta there are several young guys in the oil and gas industry earning good wages, and also the opportunity for people of all education levels to work on the oil sands for stupid-high money. I see 20somethings driving $70k+ trucks after spending a few months on the oil sands. The kids I see whose parents buy them expensive cars are registered in further education courses on their way to high paid positions. There are exceptions, but that's all they are and why it's not mentioned in the article along with drug dealers, car thieves and joy-riders.

That was a sweet video, thanks for sharing!

Okay, picked my car up yesterday. Here are my first impressions. Ask any questions you want.

Power...instant. I pushed it really hard around a corner and it felt planted. Active torque vectoring must have been working as I didn't have any understeer. Clutch and brakes are nice and the 6 speed transmission felt nice. Positive shifts and relatively short throws. The Harman Kardon sounds really good and the push button start is nice. Leather seats are very comfortable. Seat heaters work really well. Interior is really nice. Have lots of soft touch material. The only thing I really didn't like too much was the back up camera. It uses the 4.3 multi display instead of the navi screen. I do understand why they did that though. The back up camera is standard on all trim levels and they all have the multi display screen so it made sense to use that since the navi screen is optional. Very little road noise for what it is. Very acceptable to me. I don't hear any wind noise on highway speed. 70 MPH = 2,600 RPM. That 6th gear is nice for cruising on the highway with low RPM. I got 32.6 MPG on the 20 mile ride home from the dealer.

At the dealer:

For the folks that ordered the Limited, be happy. These LED headlights are amazing!

LED C

Nice cut off

Omg... so hawt. I got everything you did except I got the premium with the nav. I had to choose between the limited with leather and no upgraded sound, or premium with cloth and upgraded sound. I went with the latter.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they all have the LED c light, but you got HID headlights where I did not. I could be wrong tho.

I know the car is pretty fresh to you, but how do you feel about the longevity of the vehicle? My base mustang didn't scream quality on the inside when I got it so in the back of my mind I knew it was gonna fall apart (and it did).
    How would you rate your initial impressions on a scale of 1 to 10? 10 being amazeballs.

-GhostStrykre

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.