The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 85
Page 85 of 211 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 3156

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx Hey guys, I just heard news that my car is totaled out although I think I ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordV62Wrx View Post
    Hey guys,

I just heard news that my car is totaled out although I think I could still get it fixed from a lower priced shop, I want to investigate this iteration of the Wrx with the 2015 as a potential REPLACEMENT! The only thing is I do not know whether to pursue the 2015 MT or the CVT and then possibly negotiate on some remaining 2014s if there are any. I know it remains up in the air but I am mainly interested in the '15s but cannot get one to test drive in either tranny but what are you recommendations. I am coming off an Accord 06 in the slushbox but my friend has a 2011 Wrx MT and I have rode as a passenger recently and I noticed he doesn't shift but once or twice as we are cruising. With the 6mt and needing 3 shift to get to 60, I still do not anticipate shifting a LOT more but nonetheless, will it be slower on those spirited jaunts or say I am driving faster then norm on different roads or just a strip of long highway, should I be concerned with shifting too much? Would that be bad for a novice who has never shifted before?
    The other big thing that worries me is the longevity of the CVT and it won't be as exciting as a MT?
    Go with whatever you feel is the best for your preferences and needs. My personal preference is the MT all day long, but that's just because I love MT's. I've been driving them since I was a teen. In terms of the reliability between the MT and CVT, I'm not sure about that at all. But I can assure you that once you learn to drive a MT you will have a lot of fun!
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Double Post.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Hey guys,

I just heard news that my car is totaled out although I think I could still get it fixed from a lower priced shop, I want to investigate this iteration of the Wrx with the 2015 as a potential REPLACEMENT! The only thing is I do not know whether to pursue the 2015 MT or the CVT and then possibly negotiate on some remaining 2014s if there are any. I know it remains up in the air but I am mainly interested in the '15s but cannot get one to test drive in either tranny but what are you recommendations. I am coming off an Accord 06 in the slushbox but my friend has a 2011 Wrx MT and I have rode as a passenger recently and I noticed he doesn't shift but once or twice as we are cruising. With the 6mt and needing 3 shift to get to 60, I still do not anticipate shifting a LOT more but nonetheless, will it be slower on those spirited jaunts or say I am driving faster then norm on different roads or just a strip of long highway, should I be concerned with shifting too much? Would that be bad for a novice who has never shifted before?
    The other big thing that worries me is the longevity of the CVT and it won't be as exciting as a MT?
    You're over thinking, you won't have issues with the 6MT. Try the STI if you think the WRX ratios are close...

Personal opinion, but I would take DI over the older model any day of the week. I might be biased though because I have been waiting for DI before getting back into a WRX. However, if you want a hatch and nothing else then the '14 is your only choice. CVT or manual - no one can make that choice for you. If you plan on serious mods then expect to wait a bit for availability on the '15.

Just thought I'd throw this link here. More info. and some nice stock photos and colors on Subaru Australia site. You can also view all optional accessories and prices. (AU) New Subaru WRX: Weapon of mass seduction

For some reason they still haven't updated the North America site yet to show the 2015. Glad I went with DGM, It's just so sexy...

^^Nice.. for some reason other countries websites seem to have better pictures of the cars and more user friendly..

DGM is indeed a great looking color. For me, I can't decide betwen DGM and CWP.

It's nice that in Australia they offer leather on the premium model, can't get it here unless you get limited right?

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    It's nice that in Australia they offer leather on the premium model, can't get it here unless you get limited right?
    They only have two models, base and premium. Their base looks like it is similar to the Canadian Sports trim (LED included) without the sunroof. The Premium gets leather, nav and HK as standard just like the Canadian Sport Tech.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Trigger pulled.ETA 4/21/2014.Base,RLG,+POP.PKG# 2 + Side sills and AW mats.$27K.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    Trigger pulled.ETA 4/21/2014.Base,RLG,+POP.PKG# 2 + Side sills and AW mats.$27K.
    Sweet! Can't wait to see the pics
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Subiaficionado View Post
    Also their premium model is hella-expensive compared to the states premium...

I get mine in exactly 12 hours!!!! It's getting real!

Banned
    Alien(s) Landing ACROSS Native territories!!
    Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Go with whatever you feel is the best for your preferences and needs. My personal preference is the MT all day long, but that's just because I love MT's. I've been driving them since I was a teen. In terms of the reliability between the MT and CVT, I'm not sure about that at all. But I can assure you that once you learn to drive a MT you will have a lot of fun!
    My final question is can I qualify for a truck driver's license atleast if I choose and learn to drive the 6 speed manual. I recently gleaned that trucks have way more then 6 gears and different modes but I was just wondering since learning how to drive stick is basically equivalent to getting another type of drivers license signifying one has learned how to shift and drive a manual transmission. Reason I ask is my friend with the Rex is unemployed and I am looking for some suggestions for him to become gainfully employed before he hits middle age or worse close to retirement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome, Joe! As an old skool member of the BEM, your opinion of the car as a driver's car will have great sway with me.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    My final question is can I qualify for a truck driver's license atleast if I choose and learn to drive the 6 speed manual. I recently gleaned that trucks have way more then 6 gears and different modes but I was just wondering since learning how to drive stick is basically equivalent to getting another type of drivers license signifying one has learned how to shift and drive a manual transmission. Reason I ask is my friend with the Rex is unemployed and I am looking for some suggestions for him to become gainfully employed before he hits middle age or worse close to retirement.
    Manual transmissions operate somewhat similarly but driving trucks that require different class licenses than cars is not necessarily about the transmission as much as driving larger/heavier vehicles and safely operating them. Some large trucks are automatic even. So yes understanding how manual transmissions work will help somewhat but is only a small part of the equation for truck driving.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by Rainking View Post
    I get mine in exactly 12 hours!!!! It's getting real!
    I'm excited with you! Post some pics and thoughts ASAP!

I Support ClubWRX
    Explain those acronyms lol. I get RLG is the color (interested in seeing some non-photoshopped pictures of that btw) and AW = All weather.

What all comes with +POP.PKG #2? I really wish SOA would update their site with a Build Your Own 2015 already.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 03-28-2014 at 05:52 AM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!