The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 74
Page 74 of 205 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 3069

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After reading several reviews, it is good to see that the handling and lag have improved. Of course, these two ...

I Support ClubWRX
    After reading several reviews, it is good to see that the handling and lag have improved. Of course, these two improvements are no brainers, as both are expected on a ground-up redesign, especially the lag improvement due to the twin scroll turbo.

I remain disappointed in three areas: 1)the overall engine performance is nowhere near the improvement I would have expected. 2)in addition the styling leaves a TON to be desired. It is boring, boring, boring. The WRX looks more like an "Impreza Sport". The STi is better, but not by much, and 3)No hatch in sight very disappointing. Even if you are not a 5-door fan, losing it, diminishes the brand significantly.

This being said, I am also glad to see the community as a whole likes the styling. I am hopeful it grows on me as it continues to evolve and I'm glad I was ready for a new vehicle before the model change. If I was shopping now and couldn't wait, it would be unlikely for me to stay in the Subaru fold.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ea126405 View Post
    After reading several reviews, it is good to see that the handling and lag have improved. Of course, these two improvements are no brainers, as both are expected on a ground-up redesign, especially the lag improvement due to the twin scroll turbo.

I remain disappointed in three areas: 1)the overall engine performance is nowhere near the improvement I would have expected. 2)in addition the styling leaves a TON to be desired. It is boring, boring, boring. The WRX looks more like an "Impreza Sport". The STi is better, but not by much, and 3)No hatch in sight very disappointing. Even if you are not a 5-door fan, losing it, diminishes the brand significantly.

This being said, I am also glad to see the community as a whole likes the styling. I am hopeful it grows on me as it continues to evolve and I'm glad I was ready for a new vehicle before the model change. If I was shopping now and couldn't wait, it would be unlikely for me to stay in the Subaru fold.
    I also would like a little more engine performance (always, lol), but if everything else is that good then I will not mind paying for some engine mods later. But your design comments... it's a four door sedan kept to within an affordable price. What other cars on the market inspire you within the same price range? It's certainly not the previous generation WRX, that's just as boring but more dated. So if the modern looks and improved overall improvement doesn't appeal to you, what is it about the previous generation which drew you to Subaru, and which is now missing to push you away? It can't be just the hatch because you would simply have said that and little else.

Subaru are trying to step up in class a little by making the car look a little more modern with a touch more class. This is the way they need to grow - they have to appeal to a larger audience who can afford boring 4 door sedans. People like me who would like a performance AWD sedan without having to spend Audi or BMW money. That might mean dumbing down the boy racer image.

I Support ClubWRX
    The pics of the one in white raised my eyebrows...kinda hot.
    I've said it before, when people mention a new WRX being boring...with the possible exception of the 2011-2014 cars, with their flared fenders, I don't think of any of the stock WRX offereings as being "aggressive-looking". The '02 model looked like a Neon to the car community, the '04's were called "Hyund-eyes" for a while, the '06's were Vageyes, and the '08 had to have its hood scoop to be distinguished from a Mazda 3.

Honestly, I hope that my first reaction upon seeing a '15 on the street is "man, that's a little weird-looking". It would continue a Subaru tradition that goes back decades.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Spotted a 2015 WRX in Connecticut

Link to the album of 28 pictures -> Spotted a 2015 WRX in Connecticut - Imgur

Any more details like whose car is it, did you get to drive it, etc?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Spotted a 2015 WRX in ConnecticutSpotted a 2015 WRX in Connecticut - Imgur
    Pfff, you could have pulled one of the wheels off to check the offset :|

Nice pictures, thanks! I like the red, just not sure if I would get tired of it too soon. The lip spoiler never looks quite right to me in the pictures I have seen though - does it seem out of place when you are looking at it?

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Spotted a 2015 WRX in Connecticut

Ah where!? I live in Avon, CT. MINE! "I WILL FIND HIM!" - Gen. Zod

Apple just dropped a lot more info on their "iOS in the Car" initiative, which as been re-branded as CarPlay.

Apple, Automakers Partner for In-Vehicle CarPlay Tech | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

https://www.apple.com/ios/carplay/

"CarPlay will make its debut in select cars shipping this year, including Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, and Volvo. BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Subaru, Suzuki, and Toyota customers will soon gain access as well, Apple said."

It sounds like Subaru may not be involved in the initial launch, but is signed up to participate at some point.

So doubtful on the 2015 WRX...

I am very close to committing to buy the '15 WRX, but this is a new sticking point for me. My love for Apple products runs almost as deep as my love for Subarus..

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    pfffffft... hipster!^^^
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Starting at front ... LOVE Love love.

Moving down the length.. Pretty good. Not bad. It'll do.

Get to the rear of the back doors ... Meh. Ick.

I'm usually a grey/siver guy, but I like the red. I'm glad they brought it back. The red hatches of whatever year they offered them in the past are sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandingus View Post
    Apple just dropped a lot more info on their "iOS in the Car" initiative, which as been re-branded as CarPlay.

Apple, Automakers Partner for In-Vehicle CarPlay Tech | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

"CarPlay will make its debut in select cars shipping this year, including Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz, and Volvo. BMW, Ford, General Motors, Honda, Hyundai, Jaguar, Land Rover, Kia, Mitsubishi, Nissan, PSA Peugeot Citroen, Subaru, Suzuki, and Toyota customers will soon gain access as well, Apple said."

It sounds like Subaru may not be involved in the initial launch, but is signed up to participate at some point.

I am very close to committing to buy the '15 WRX, but this is a new sticking point for me. My love for Apple products runs almost as deep as my love for Subarus..
    I'm with you on this one. Can't wait! Hope we can add it somehow after the fact.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandingus View Post

Looks like Apple chose only 6 manufacturers (Ferrari, Honda, Hyundi, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo) to launch this product with. That attitude is partially why I got rid of my iPhone and went to Android. Apple is too damn proprietary.

In the end it's your money so buy /don't buy based on your own opinions. However, I find it pretty weird to discredit the 2015 WRX (and Subaru) simply because it's lacking a feature that didn't exist when the car was being developed. It doesn't seem like they even had a choice.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 03-03-2014 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixed my stats.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    My 04 STi didn't come with a frickng radio...
    Let alone the crazy amount of stuff they come with now. Lol.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Looks like Apple chose only 6 manufacturers (Ferrari, Honda, Hyundi, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo) to launch this product with. That attitude is partially why I got rid of my iPhone and went to Android. Apple is too damn proprietary.
    I wouldn't assume Apple explicitly chose which manufacturers launched the program. The mix is pretty random, so it just seems like whoever happened to have a new model to release around the same time at CarPlay was released is mentioned as a "product launch manufacturer". If you look at the press release, they're working with pretty much every auto maker out there for release at some point (a notable exception being the VW group).

Read the whole press release here: Apple announces "CarPlay" headunits for car OEMs
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I wouldn't assume Apple explicitly chose which manufacturers launched the program. The mix is pretty random, so it just seems like whoever happened to have a new model to release around the same time at CarPlay was released is mentioned as a "product launch manufacturer". If you look at the press release, they're working with pretty much every auto maker out there for release at some point (a notable exception being the VW group).

Read the whole press release here: Apple announces "CarPlay" headunits for car OEMs
    I put nothing past Apple.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!