The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 72
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 213 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 3192

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes You like the sound of UELH. The 2015 will still have a boxer engine. It's the ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    You like the sound of UELH. The 2015 will still have a boxer engine. It's the headers that give it the rumble. I love the rumble as well, but this new engine should be a game changer. And the sound can be enhanced with a good exhaust to give a throatier sound anyway. So there will be ways to get more "rumble." Not the same, but it'll happen.
    Yes indeed I am aware. Interested to see what the new engine does but not on my dime or having to upgrade parts to get the sound I'm looking for...Still hoping to find a new 2014 when I'm ready in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    You seem to redirect a fair bit (I don't mean this as an insult, just an observation). Aside from how I treat the car or whether Crawford can tune it to close to 500hp, I am simply trying to find out if Zax has information as to the how well the engine holds up with those tunes. You and I have had this conversation already and we are just repeating it.
    Fair enough. Hopefully he will respond with some technical info.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Fair enough. Hopefully he will respond with some technical info.
    I'm probably asking too much to be fair

Anyone know the status of when you can actually place an order on a 2015 Premium or Limited WRX? I live in CT, and I walked into my local Subaru dealer but couldn't get any info. out of the guy. (in fact I knew more than he did)

I called and emailed 5 different dealers in the state and they all kind of said the same thing.
    "The only locked in price we have is the Limited Run, 1K STI's and the very base model of the WRX"

I would love to order either a Premium or Limited Automatic, just need to lock in the price at what dealer...

I placed my order a week ago. They started taking orders Friday before last.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez97 View Post
    I placed my order a week ago. They started taking orders Friday before last.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Can I ask what area you're in, and what model did you actually order?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    You seem to redirect a fair bit (I don't mean this as an insult, just an observation). Aside from how I treat the car or whether Crawford can tune it to close to 500hp, I am simply trying to find out if Zax has information as to the how well the engine holds up with those tunes. You and I have had this conversation already and we are just repeating it.
    Oop, you caught me. Yes, in a sense I am being a bit optimistic. However, I think the lessons learned about the BRZ/FRS and the details on the engine tell much of the story.

1. The FA20 variant and the BRZ shows very promising results
    2. Many of the challenges of the EJ series has been remedied in the FA20 motor
    3. Square bore:stroke engine geometry

DI is the real game changer here. Furthermore, the thicker steel sleeves in the BRZ over the EJ255/257 and even the EJ205/207. I wish more information was released on the heads TBH. The glaring omission is the turbo utilized in the 2015 WRX. TBH, it is likely that the turbo is smaller than the VF52.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    TBH, it is likely that the turbo is smaller than the VF52.
    My biggest fear after getting caught out in '08 is if they put a weaker unit in for the first year - it sucks to buy a brand new car and see the next year become that much better for the same money. I will be careful to make sure I really like it before I buy one this time, enough that I don't care if they make it better.

The biggest game changer is that the freakin oil filter is on TOP of the engine, accessible from the engine bay.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Pretty cool video from Bucky Lasek where he puts some current WRX owners behind the wheel on the 2015.
    Watch Me

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Pretty cool video from Bucky Lasek where he puts some current WRX owners behind the wheel on the 2015.
    Watch Me
    Dang,I want a free 2015!
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I went to the La auto show to try to sit in a 2015 wrx and the Subaru rep wouldn't let me near the thing. Seems if you have a phone camera and a youtube account they let you drive the crap out of it. I have called and emailed most of the local dealers and I get no answer as to when I can actually sit in one. I have to say I got seat time in just about every other brand of car at that auto show I am considering buying, and the one car I really am serious about buying I cant touch. I also thought the road and track dyno runs showed a very strange power curve on the wrx.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    At least they had a 2015 WRX.... only the STi here at the DC Auto Show
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    At least they had a 2015 WRX.... only the STi here at the DC Auto Show
    I feel your pain! I really wanted to see the sti, but it had not been announced yet. I still think I would stick with the wrx as I get stuck in horrible traffic every night on the way into rehearsal. I have one way slow and one way fast. I was interested in the cvt because of multiple personalities. I can't be limping onstage after all. I am wondering what kind of tuning could be done on that thing with the transmission possibly being the weak link. I know it's considered lame to consider the cvt, but I think I would go through throw out bearings constantly in that kind of traffic. 101 south sucks ass at 5:30pm.

I Support ClubWRX

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.