The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 71
Page 71 of 141 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2103

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax This is very unfortunate for you. Considering the massive improvement Subaru has made for the 2015. ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    This is very unfortunate for you. Considering the massive improvement Subaru has made for the 2015.

Are you speaking strictly from cosmetics? If so, I'd suggest a car not manufactured by Subaru.
    Definitely not just speaking cosmetics though I dislike the new look. I drive a Subaru now so not really sure where your suggestion is going. Switching the engine, equal length headers, and having a slower car doesn't out weigh the improvements Subaru has made for this vehicle IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by UraBus1987 View Post
    Definitely not just speaking cosmetics though I dislike the new look. I drive a Subaru now so not really sure where your suggestion is going. Switching the engine, equal length headers, and having a slower car doesn't out weigh the improvements Subaru has made for this vehicle IMO.

Yeah I'm confused. The performance on the new model will be significantly higher overall compared to the outgoing model. If you're comparing the acceleration numbers, the correlation makes no sense.

The FA20 has significantly more potential.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    What do you think would be the cause of that strange curve? Is it a shift point in relation to the boost or just a strange A/F ratio?
    Difficult to make a conjecture without any knowledge of the turbo (compressor map) or fueling. To be honest, it could also be the lack of smoothing used by the dyno operator.

Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Yeah I'm confused. The performance on the new model will be significantly higher overall compared to the outgoing model. If you're comparing the acceleration numbers, the correlation makes no sense.

The FA20 has significantly more potential.
    I'm sure your knowledge of the motor far surpasses mine...(no sarcasm). I'm still not investing in a car that doesn't appeal to me. Guess there will be more for others who like what was done.

The purposefully made the headers equal length in the 15 to improve performance. Believe it was documented in a discussion with the engineers. The guy said they chose "better performance over better sound." I think I'd rather they choose that as well.

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by Remigius View Post
    The purposefully made the headers equal length in the 15 to improve performance. Believe it was documented in a discussion with the engineers. The guy said they chose "better performance over better sound." I think I'd rather they choose that as well.
    I made that choice on my bugeye lol.

ELH is a good modification for anyone!

Facebook me here

They use ELH because it's required for a twin scroll turbo to run properly.

Stock for stock perhaps. But the FA20 is a stronger motor than the E257.
    Zax, did you already clarify why you say this? AFAIK the FA20 is still an unknown quantity over time. I hope you are right because I am 95% sure that I will own either an FXT or WRX within the next 1-8 weeks.
    Last edited by Raven Logics; 02-25-2014 at 08:47 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Zax, did you already clarify why you say this? AFAIK the FA20 is still an unknown quantity over time.

Vortech SC Kit on BRZ w/PERRIN Custom Tune » PERRIN Performance Official Blog
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Zax, did you already clarify why you say this? AFAIK the FA20 is still an unknown quantity over time. I hope you are right because I am 95% sure that I will own either an FXT or WRX within the next 1-8 weeks.
    Start the video at 2:19 (or watch the whole thing, it's pretty good) because that's where they begin talking about it. According to Crawford they feel the FA20 is stronger based on the tuning they did with their BRZ. Granted it's a different car but, the short block is the same.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 02-25-2014 at 12:16 PM. Reason: words are hard
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I am asking if there is any evidence that the engine can take it over time. We know that people have ran stage 1 and stage 2 EJ's for more that 100k, but it's no use if the FA pops after a couple of years with a simple tune. If I buy a WRX and run stage 1 I still want it to last me for up to 10 years.

I Support ClubWRX
    I am asking if there is any evidence that the engine can take it over time. We know that people have ran stage 1 and stage 2 EJ's for more that 100k, but it's no use if the FA pops after a couple of years with a simple tune. If I buy a WRX and run stage 1 I still want it to last me for up to 10 years.
    The Crawford BRZ is likely the best example we have right now. It's pushing 450+ HP on mostly stock internals (they upgraded the valve springs, which the WRX does also) and the only issues they have had are on external parts.

I do understand the concern but, I really think with the massive build they have done you shouldn't be too worried. The FA will likely do perfectly fine with a simple Stg 2 build. As to your 10 year question, that really boils down to how well you treat your own car honestly.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm excited to see some stock retunes and see how much Subaru restricts the new wrx from factory.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Still love the boxer sound.

I Support ClubWRX
    Still love the boxer sound.

You like the sound of UELH. The 2015 will still have a boxer engine. It's the headers that give it the rumble. I love the rumble as well, but this new engine should be a game changer. And the sound can be enhanced with a good exhaust to give a throatier sound anyway. So there will be ways to get more "rumble." Not the same, but it'll happen.
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    As to your 10 year question, that really boils down to how well you treat your own car honestly.
    You seem to redirect a fair bit (I don't mean this as an insult, just an observation). Aside from how I treat the car or whether Crawford can tune it to close to 500hp, I am simply trying to find out if Zax has information as to the how well the engine holds up with those tunes. You and I have had this conversation already and we are just repeating it.