The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 69
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 213 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3188

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This video is a recorded presentation by someone from SOA and has a lot of very specific details about the ...

I Support ClubWRX

This video is a recorded presentation by someone from SOA and has a lot of very specific details about the new WRX. Here are a few highlights:

*The unibody is largely unique to the WRX. They have a cutaway chassis showing just how much metal underneath is different from the standard Impreza, and it's quite a bit.

*The engine is mounted incredibly low, as in the top of the engine assembly is level with the headlight lenses (see 4:22).

*The FA20 is a variant of the new FXT engine (no surprise there), but has stronger internals and of course more agressive tuning. The WRX engine has a longer chain guide, stiffer valve springs, and roller valve rockers compared to the FXT engine. AVCS control has been expanded over the EJ engine. The horsepower and torque curves are near-identical in slope to the outgoing EJ engine, but with more area under the curve (see 4:27 and 6:00).

*The CVT "shifting" actuation is faster than the dual clutch boxes in the GTI, EVO, and ISF (see 9:16).

*The CVT WRX has remapped throttle response compared to the manual, doubling the GTI and A4 in terms of acceleration with respect to time. (Side note: this could translate to a twitchy throttle, but certainly means it's more responsive, regardless). See 9:48.

*SI-Drive plays a major role in determining the CVT's driving characteristics. Depending on which of the 3 modes the car is set in, the CVT enables ratio holding during cornering, engine braking, etc. The takeaway is that unlike most CVTs, the WRX CVT will not hesitate to hold low ratios to keep the revs up and maximize torque (see 10:17).

*Fun fact: 70% of BRZ owners buy the six-speed (see 11:22).

* Braking deceleration was benchmarked against the Porsche Cayman S and the BMW 335i, and the WRX falls solidly between them. Interestingly, the BRZ matched or exceeded the Cayman's braking performance (see 16:01).

*The new multi-function display adds a lot of GTR-like vehicle information (see 19:34).

*The available Harmon-Kardon 440W sound system was custom built from the ground up for the WRX, and adds addition mass dampening for vibration resistance. The system is tuned toward more bass response (reflecting the typical WRX buyer's preference, lol) and can produce 40Hz tones at 100dB. It should have plenty of punch. See 21:02.

*They totally glossed over the new LED headlight option, but the standard Halogen headlights are supposed to have 10% better illumination over the old lights (24:07).

*Rear backup camera is standard on all models.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like I will be placing my order any time now. $24,612 for base but I will most likely add a spoiler and the dimming mirror with homelink.
    Also, I'm getting $23,500 for my 2013 base. Yeay!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    Looks like I will be placing my order any time now. $24,612 for base but I will most likely add a spoiler and the dimming mirror with homelink.
    Also, I'm getting $23,500 for my 2013 base. Yeay!
    Wow, looks like you'll make out nice.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    You're using the word "quicker" in the literal sense. I am not.
    You're almost there - people tend to use words literally unless it's mentioned otherwise.

I'm wondering whether to join you in waiting for a year or two, at least until they announce what will happen with the STI. My problem is that the 2015 should be here in 2 to 3 weeks, and I've been tearing my hair out for the last 2 months waiting. I'm not sure I could survive another 12 months like this!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    You're almost there - people tend to use words literally unless it's mentioned otherwise.

I'm wondering whether to join you in waiting for a year or two, at least until they announce what will happen with the STI. My problem is that the 2015 should be here in 2 to 3 weeks, and I've been tearing my hair out for the last 2 months waiting. I'm not sure I could survive another 12 months like this!
    It helps to already be in a WRX I guess. I think my decision to wait would be different if I didn't have my 06.

One thing to consider though. It's going to be pretty hard to get a 2015 off the lot. More than likely you'd have to order one and those take 8-12 weeks at least.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

I do like the new interior and technology but I don't think I could ever part with my 06....

I do wonder how much stronger the transmission is though and if it can even be swapped into my car instead of doing ppgs...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    One thing to consider though. It's going to be pretty hard to get a 2015 off the lot. More than likely you'd have to order one and those take 8-12 weeks at least.
    I have a chance to drop a deposit on a pre-ordered one. Suddenly spending $36k (Canadian) seems scary, considering that we are about to have our second child and don't have a larger vehicle.

I pulled the trigger today.....
    2015 WRX base in WRB is officially on order! Got a great deal at $24,612 for the base model + $680 (wing, dimming mirror w/homelink and all weather mats). I did get $23,500 for my 2013 on a trade-in. I'm super hyped up!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

When are you guys in the US expecting to receive these cars?

Anyone get body side moldings on their WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    When are you guys in the US expecting to receive these cars?
    I'm expecting mine in April.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2015 WRX base in WRB is officially on order! Got a great deal at $24,612 for the base model + $680 (wing, dimming mirror w/homelink and all weather mats). I did get $23,500 for my 2013 on a trade-in. I'm super hyped up!
    Just curious. Since your new car isn't here, are they letting you drive around in your '13?

I cannot believe they would allow that, but I thought I'd ask, anyway.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This 2015 better be worth it.I'm having serious reservations about trading in the bugeye.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    This 2015 better be worth it.I'm having serious reservations about trading in the bugeye.
    Can't blame you for having reservations. I'll be honest though, the 2015 seems like a serious upgrade. I know it's tough to account for your tried and true that you've had for so long, worked on, tracked and loved.. But I would think its gonna be a big step up in many ways.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Can't blame you for having reservations. I'll be honest though, the 2015 seems like a serious upgrade. I know it's tough to account for your tried and true that you've had for so long, worked on, tracked and loved.. But I would think its gonna be a big step up in many ways.
    Yeah,most of the reviews have been positive as far as how the car performs.Most of the negative stuff is about the redesign.So it's not a sexy looking car,what WRX ever was? Folks that think the current car is a high point in automotive style need glasses.A boxy 4 door sedan with a gaping hoodscoop ain't pretty.I just hope it drives and handles better than my wagon.(Don't get me started on not offering a wagon)
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.