The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 68
Page 68 of 206 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3086

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Any thoughts on whether it would be more advantageous to do a 36 mo. lease and potentially buy at the ...

Any thoughts on whether it would be more advantageous to do a 36 mo. lease and potentially buy at the end of the lease versus a 6 year loan?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDMB View Post
    Any thoughts on whether it would be more advantageous to do a 36 mo. lease and potentially buy at the end of the lease versus a 6 year loan?
    I'd bet the 6 year would be a better deal but it depends on the residual and money factor. 90% of the time the purchase will be the better deal. IMHO leasing is good for people who want to drive a car they can'r afford to buy, trade in their cars way too often and take it deep on depreciation, or for cars like AUDI/BMW that get really expensive to own out of warranty.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    In case you guys are interested, I am ordering the '15s now for $500 under invoice, just follow the link in my sig!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Historically how is the resale of the WRX? In the past I have done 5 year loans on cars and have also been fortunate in that i've had equity in the car after 3 years and have tended to trade the car in. Im wondering if I do a 6 year loan with approximately $4000 down if I am likely to have equity in the car after 3 years or so or if i'd be underwater on the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Depends on how you define quicker really.
    "Quicker" without any additional information (such as "quicker around a track") means acceleration, presumably in a straight line. So the answer would be that from early tests the 2015 is unlikely to be quicker in stock form.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    "Quicker" without any additional information (such as "quicker around a track") means acceleration, presumably in a straight line. So the answer would be that from early tests the 2015 is unlikely to be quicker in stock form.
    I guess I was getting at whether or not the shifting to 3rd was the difference-maker in the 0-60 times. Meaning that the car arrived quicker to whatever speed it could reach in second gear vs the outgoing model.

I Support ClubWRX
    See that is why additional info is needed. To me" quicker" is all about feel. Also, I drive a Subaru so straight line speed has never been something I care about.

I stated before that driving both cars would the only way to know. I guess for me it just seems like the 2015 would feel "quicker" around a track than the 2014 would. All reviews point to the 2015 being far superior in the corners.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

See that is why additional info is needed. To me" quicker" is all about feel.
    "Quick" is a time descriptor - when someone asks which vehicle is "quicker" without any other qualifiers it therefore relates to acceleration (a time measurement, as opposed to "faster" which is a speed measurement). In this case Remigius forgot to add the qualifier "in 2nd gear". "Feel" would be another qualifier, but not something you can imply without it being mentioned.

If you are talking about "feel" then I would imagine it depends on what grabs your attention the most. The 2014 will have more of an acceleration rush from the turbo kicking in, whereas the more linear 2015 will react quicker to throttle input because of the DI.

Historically how is the resale of the WRX? In the past I have done 5 year loans on cars and have also been fortunate in that i've had equity in the car after 3 years and have tended to trade the car in. Im wondering if I do a 6 year loan with approximately $4000 down if I am likely to have equity in the car after 3 years or so or if i'd be underwater on the loan.
    Let's say you financed $24K ($28K with a $4K down payment)
    2.5% interest at 6 years

Here's what the loan balance would be for the next three years:

March 2015: $19,928
    March 2016: $16,070
    March 2017: $12,115

Of course, the value of your car could vary significantly in three years, based on mileage, condition and desirability, but, assuming they're all average, I don't think you'd be upside down at that time.

I assume you're looking at a 2015. If Subaru were to introduce some changes/tweaks in 2017 or * gasp * , slip in a hatch, this might cause the value to drop more than expected. It's all speculation.

To get a better idea on speculation, have a dealer work out a 3-year lease and present you with the buyout price. That might give you some idea of what * they * think it will be worth at that time.

I Support ClubWRX
    "Quick" is a time descriptor - when someone asks which vehicle is "quicker" without any other qualifiers it therefore relates to acceleration (a time measurement, as opposed to "faster" which is a speed measurement). In this case Remigius forgot to add the qualifier "in 2nd gear". "Feel" would be another qualifier, but not something you can imply without it being mentioned.

If you are talking about "feel" then I would imagine it depends on what grabs your attention the most. The 2014 will have more of an acceleration rush from the turbo kicking in, whereas the more linear 2015 will react quicker to throttle input because of the DI.
    You're using the word "quicker" in the literal sense. I am not.

A Miata can feel "quicker" than a car that is literally faster. It feels that way because of how it handles, even though it is actually slower. To me it is this feeling of perceived speed that determines if a car feels "quicker". Not saying you're wrong for using it that way, just giving my point of view for future readers. Also, you are correct that it really depends on what grabs your attention the most. Some people only care about straight line, instant on acceleration. Others like the feeling of holding a corner at high speeds. I just happen to be the latter.

Back on topic

I really want a 2015 WRX, don't think we can swing it this year though. I guess it's a blessing since I was worried about first year bugs and such.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I really want a 2015 WRX, don't think we can swing it this year though. I guess it's a blessing since I was worried about first year bugs and such.
    Booooo :-(

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Booooo :-(

Agreed! I still have some time to figure out if it's a good time. I just might not get one as quickly as I wanted.

I will have a new WRX in the near future though!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Historically, WRXs and STIs hold their value really well. It explains how 02-03 Bugeyes with 100k miles on them are still being sold for $8-10k...12 year old car, still pulling just under half it's original sticker price. Hell, I bought my 05 STI for $19k. 3 and a half years later, I totaled it. Insurance gave me $16,300 back for it. So in reality, it depreciated under $3k in over 3 years (I was on a 6 year loan with that STI as well). I was able to pay off the remaining $8k I owed on it and had over $7k left to put towards a much newer WRX.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Historically, WRXs and STIs hold their value really well. It explains how 02-03 Bugeyes with 100k miles on them are still being sold for $8-10k...12 year old car, still pulling just under half it's original sticker price. Hell, I bought my 05 STI for $19k. 3 and a half years later, I totaled it. Insurance gave me $16,300 back for it. So in reality, it depreciated under $3k in over 3 years (I was on a 6 year loan with that STI as well). I was able to pay off the remaining $8k I owed on it and had over $7k left to put towards a much newer WRX.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    towards a much newer WRX.
    Towards my buddy's old WRX