The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 66
+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 214 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116166 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Looks like Monday 2/15/14 at 10 am they lift the embargo on the 2015 STi reviews. http://www.tflcar.com/2014/02/video-...a-seca-hot-lap...

I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like Monday 2/15/14 at 10 am they lift the embargo on the 2015 STi reviews.

http://www.tflcar.com/2014/02/video-...a-seca-hot-lap
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDMB View Post
    I'm interested in potentially ordering a 2015 WRX Limited CVT. This would be my first Subaru. I was wondering: (1) How is the ground clearance of the WRX - is it lower than a standard sedan or similar ground clearance? and (2) How are the LED headlights that the Limited model has? Are they comparable to Xenon/HID headlights?

Thanks.
    Ground clearance has been pretty similar to most sedans in the past. The new car looks to be a little lower but, I haven't seen one in person to know for sure.

No one really knows much about how good those LED lights are honestly. The car is only available as a pre-order right now. We should know more after forum members get some test drives in.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Porsche 911 View Post
    I want to get rid of the wing on the my '15 Sti, is there a delete option for that?

I don't think the wing will make much difference on a track and it is a bit "boy racer" not a status symbol, at least in my opinion.....
    Subaru says it does provide downforce "at speed" but my guess is most people would not notice a big difference far south of 100 mph.
    No delete option normally available. As Zax says here \/, normally people simply swap the trunk lid with a regular wrx of the same color.
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    My guess is the WRX trunk will be swappable. Remember to swap the trunk struts as well.
    My last STi I went WRB with gold BBS. If I still had it though today (I should have kept it) I would have gone for a trunk swap, silver BBS and a more stealthy exhaust note a while back.
    Last edited by TheJ; 02-16-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Left out an important word. Lol
    -The J

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Ground clearance has been pretty similar to most sedans in the past. The new car looks to be a little lower but, I haven't seen one in person to know for sure.
    This may be a function of perception due to the lengthened wheelbase.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Lots of reviews on the STi out now.
    -The J

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Is it just me, or is the common theme "it's a great car, but it has little competition or features for the street that justify the $9k additional price tag?"
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Is it just me, or is the common theme "it's a great car, but it has little competition or features for the street that justify the $9k additional price tag?"
    Not just you at all.

Until it has an FA25 there isn't much justification to buy an STI over a WRX as a DD.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

They had the 2015 STI at the Philly Auto show. It's alright. Nothing special. The outgoing body style looks much better IMO. Even the STI wing on the GR generation looks like it fits better. But it just sticks out like a sore thumb on the new incoming model. I'll post up a couple pics in a few.

I was sorely disappointed that they didn't have a 2015 WRX on hand for public viewing. I mean come on...the Subaru of America main office is located literally 10 minutes from the site of the Philly Auto Show and had actually had 10 or 15 2015 models sitting "hidden" in their parking lot, yet they couldn't provide one for the Auto show for the public to see? Retarded.

Last edited by Mikie13; 02-17-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

2015 STI = Meh...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Not just you at all.

Until it has an FA25 there isn't much justification to buy an STI over a WRX as a DD.

Since i I am a total fanboi who has already formed the belief that this car is awesome (queue music) that I will continue to seek validation of that belief and find unique ways to dismiss contrary information like that found in your posts. <bans all those who dissent>
    -The J

If I were to buy it for DD I probably would get WRX, but since it will mostly be a track toy, I am going to order the STi.

Now, I need your opinion over which color makes the STi look more "mature", I was thinking silver or dark blue, any thoughts?

If I were to buy it for DD I probably would get WRX, but since it will mostly be a track toy, I am going to order the STi.

Now, I need your opinion over which color makes the STi look more "mature", I was thinking silver or dark blue, any thoughts?
    Since when do track cars look "mature?"
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Since when do track cars look "mature?"

I Support ClubWRX

IMHO the silver is more muted. A trunk swap and non-gold wheels and it looks plenty mature to me.
    -The J

White with black wheels.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.