The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 63
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 213 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zznalg Can anyone who's sat in the '15 report on how the seat feels compared to the ...

Quote Originally Posted by zznalg View Post
    Can anyone who's sat in the '15 report on how the seat feels compared to the '9-'14's seats? I'm considering placing an order for a '15 but may hesitate because I can't find one to sit in in my region.

I don't find the current gen's seat to be very comfortable. From the pics, the '15's seats look completely different from the earlier car. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks. (I haven't read through all 62 pages but did do a search.)
    Nice double post, from what I have been told by those who have sat in the 15, it is lightyears ahead of the GR's cabin. The seats are in fact more comfortable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by le STiG View Post
    Nice double post, from what I have been told by those who have sat in the 15, it is lightyears ahead of the GR's cabin. The seats are in fact more comfortable.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by zznalg View Post
    Can anyone who's sat in the '15 report on how the seat feels compared to the '9-'14's seats? I'm considering placing an order for a '15 but may hesitate because I can't find one to sit in in my region.

I don't find the current gen's seat to be very comfortable. From the pics, the '15's seats look completely different from the earlier car. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks. (I haven't read through all 62 pages but did do a search.)
    Did something change on the '09-'14 seats from the '08 seats? I had an '08 and they were fantastic. The wife and I drove a couple 1,000 mile+ roads trips, plus my daily driving...never had a single ache and support was perfect. At least for us. I'd be curious as to how all these compare. I'm about 5'11" - 175 (except on holidays)

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Did something change on the '09-'14 seats from the '08 seats? I had an '08 and they were fantastic. The wife and I drove a couple 1,000 mile+ roads trips, plus my daily driving...never had a single ache and support was perfect. At least for us. I'd be curious as to how all these compare. I'm about 5'11" - 175 (except on holidays)
    This isn't a comment on the current gen's seats. Rather, it's a comment on my my sensitive back. About half the cars I test drive aren't a good fit for me.

I'm curious to see if the 15 sti will handle as well as the 15 wrx. I know they are going to beef up the suspension of the sti and what not but I thought one of the main reasons they said the new wrx handles better than the brz/fr-s is because it also has a lower mounted engine? does the new FA engine w/ turbo on bottom have lower center of gravity than the EJ in the new sti? If so maybe with a few suspension upgrades you could out handle the sti?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Double post
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by joedub View Post
    I'm curious to see if the 15 sti will handle as well as the 15 wrx. I know they are going to beef up the suspension of the sti and what not but I thought one of the main reasons they said the new wrx handles better than the brz/fr-s is because it also has a lower mounted engine? does the new FA engine w/ turbo on bottom have lower center of gravity than the EJ in the new sti? If so maybe with a few suspension upgrades you could out handle the sti?
    Subaru has managed to move back the FA20 approx 6 inches into the body thanks to the low-mounted turbo. This should give the WRX much more natural and neutral handling. Keep in mind the STi still uses an active center differential and a true LSD front which should kill understeer just the same. I'd expect handling on dry pavement to be very similar.

Facebook me here

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, didn't know that the FA20 was that much farther back. That's certainly a step in the right direction for the car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    US 2015 Subaru WRX STI - Official News - Page 163 - NASIOC

Saw this posted on the NASIOC in their 2015 STi thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhtang View Post
    Looks like someone posted a short clip at Leguna Seca. I suppose the uploader can't elaborate at all due to the embargo.

2015 Subaru WRX STI Preview by Roadfly with Charlie Romero - YouTube

Looks like the reviews from Laguna Seca should be out soon.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    2015 pricing found?

To save a click:
    Base WRX - $26,295
    Base STI - $34,495

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I'm pretty happy to see the WRX is only $300 more than the outgoing model. However, I really don't see the justification for spending $8,200 more on the STI at this point. Maybe if it wasn't using the same drive train as the current model. To me there just doesn't seem to be $8,200 more value in the STI right now.

Manchester Subaru | Vehicles for sale in Manchester, NH 03102

Credit to 96accord again
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 02-12-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Credit to 96accord again

2015 pricing found?

To save a click:
    Base WRX - $26,295
    Base STI - $34,495

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I'm pretty happy to see the WRX is only $300 more than the outgoing model. However, I really don't see the justification for spending $8,200 more on the STI at this point. Maybe if it wasn't using the same drive train as the current model. To me there just doesn't seem to be $8,200 more value in the STI right now.

Manchester Subaru | Vehicles for sale in Manchester, NH 03102

Credit to 96accord again
    Since I'm cross-shopping certain cars, it looks like it's about the same difference between a VW GTI / Golf R and a WRX / STI. The difference being AWD std on the WRX and not available on a GTI.
    That being said, I think the WRX pricing is VERY fair. I'd have to wait for the full reviews of the new STI to come out before judging the difference to be too much. From what I've read on cars like the new Golf R, the price difference for that model is justified. Those are the cars I'm interested in thus my examples. *commencing defensive stance*

zax
    For a daily driver, no. Keep in mind, that the STi's weapon is still the drivetrain. If you want to build a track car, the proper diffs on the STi are going to make all the difference. To install the diffs in a WRX, you'd still be paying more than $8200.

For the rest of us, the WRX will be more than enough car for the street. The brake vectoring is excellent and we will never see the point when brake-fade will affect the brake-vectoring capability. It's really quite a shame the STi did not follow suit with the FA20, but I suppose time will tell.

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    For a daily driver, no. Keep in mind, that the STi's weapon is still the drivetrain. If you want to build a track car, the proper diffs on the STi are going to make all the difference. To install the diffs in a WRX, you'd still be paying more than $8200.

For the rest of us, the WRX will be more than enough car for the street. The brake vectoring is excellent and we will never see the point when brake-fade will affect the brake-vectoring capability. It's really quite a shame the STi did not follow suit with the FA20, but I suppose time will tell.
    Agreed. Although since I would probably get the WRX Limited this time around, the price difference is more like $4,000. That's still fairly significant.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.