Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#242 ·
Silly Subaru...cause they've seen many live Raptors in their lifetime...

#247 ·
Hawks eat bugs :tongue:

But NOT a new body style! There was still a hatch, and still a sedan, which remained more or less the same from 08-14, aside from some styling changes. They did not suddenly drop the hatchback, or add a UTE version, or make a coupe, etc... That's my point. If someone is waiting until 2016 only hoping for a hatchback, I think they'll be disappointed.
This!

The only reason I would wait for the 2016s is for fear of engine issues. This motor (minus the cams and timing) has been tested in three other vehicles up to this point (two of which are turbo). One would hope there aren't going to be many issues like in 08.

#254 ·
I love my subie and planned to buy another one next year to replace my 12 hatch but now I'm leaning hard toward a 15 golf r
You love your 1 year old car so much you're looking at another brand? :confused1

#258 ·
Is anybody else concerned that since Subaru has added an automatic to the lineup that it will eventually look to eliminate a manual transmission? As some one who only wants to drive a manual, Im kind of concerned. I also really hope the hatch comes back at some point, because I don't want a sedan.

#261 ·
I can't seem to find it anywhere... Any word on mpg?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

#263 ·
I saw somewhere that it's supposed to get 28mpg hwy for the manual, and it weighs ~50lbs more then the current gen.

#279 ·
The CVT is measured by a mixture of driving in all 3 modes. In the standard CVT mode is it claimed to get 30mpg on the highway.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the looks. Every time a new WRX comes out people say how bad it is compared to the last model, and there are always comments about how they just look like a plain sedan (and they always do!). The 2015 actually looks more modern and sporty than any previous WRX, and on paper it looks as if it is going to rival the German cars for responsiveness (at least I hope so!). I have always been interested in the WRX and have owned an '08, and I can say this is the most interesting release I have seen. The interior looks as if it is going to be a lot less bland as well. I was close to buying a used G37xS, but Subaru have caught my attention with this!

#284 ·
I was in L.A. observing the entire car as best as I can. With that said...I looked at the Corolla plateau and the WRX. They were not far apart from each other at the L.A. Auto Show. The car looks very bland, no wide-body influence at all. The center gravity of the car sits to high. (Obviously a smart cookie will say then lower it). The wheels are ugly. The tires seems to small width/height. The new WRX JUST looks very "Eco" looking.
I understand Subaru has done alot to try to meet everyone's likes and dislikes which include the upgraded speakers, 6 speed, better fuel mileage etc, etc... They cant make everyone happy. But car design was just horrid for this next generation. I do hope the STI will come equipped with a wide body (doubt it) but I have hope. That or hopefully a facelift and few changes in some years to the style design. Loved the interior though.

With all that said. It looks like a Corolla. It really doesnt resemble what the WRX concept had. It doesnt grasp my attention like the older and current WRX's had that aggressive demeanor. The only thing honestly that stands out right away is the front end because of the scoop and new headlights.

Sad, while taking photos and observing the car I heard people around talking bogus stuff like the new WRX looks "soft". It was crowded at the show...but not around the WRX. :(
At the same time I was really doing my best to accept the car for what it is.

#268 ·
Yeah it really does just look incredibly bland. Doesn't look bad at all, just bland.

Not like the 08 WRXs, which I thought just looked bad...these just fall into the mold of everything else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.