The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 58
Page 58 of 206 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by zax Agreed. However a flashy car is more likely to be pulled over. ^ True story....

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Agreed. However a flashy car is more likely to be pulled over.
    ^ True story.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the 15 but am excited at the potential it has for a refresh. I am missing the wrx stitching on the seats though, not a major issue but I think its a nice touch on the current gen

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    ^ Agreed. I stayed away from the 2008 because of looks. Then the 09 came out with more ponies and the upgraded front. I wanted to pull the trigger but still waited because of engine issues.

Then the 11 refresh came out and all the other (major) issues seemed to be addressed. 54,000 miles later on my 2011 sedan and I'm very glad I waited. Same thing could happen to the 17 or 18.
    ^This is the only thing I am seriously worried about.

On one hand I really don't want to wait to upgrade due to the increasing amount of miles on my 06. This will lower my trade in value the longer I wait.

On the other hand, I'm really worried Subaru will do a repeat of the 08-10 debacle and bring out a crazy awesome refresh in 17-18. I personally like the way the 2015 looks so it's not as bad as it was in 08 but, still. The thought exists in my mind lol.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    ...I'm really worried Subaru will do a repeat of the 08-10 debacle and bring out a crazy awesome refresh in 17-18.
    Or you could wait that long and nothing major happens, or the prices rise dramatically, or some crazy law means they tame the car down. The best thing is to try the car and if you think it's awesome, it will be for a long time for you. I didn't think the 08 was awesome but I bought it anyway... and regretted when the 09 came out.

On one hand I really don't want to wait to upgrade due to the increasing amount of miles on my 06. This will lower my trade in value the longer I wait.

On the other hand, I'm really worried Subaru will do a repeat of the 08-10 debacle and bring out a crazy awesome refresh in 17-18. I personally like the way the 2015 looks so it's not as bad as it was in 08 but, still. The thought exists in my mind lol.
    You don't have many miles on your '06 yet lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    You don't have many miles on your '06 yet lol
    True, not even at 100k yet lol
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

You could also wait for the last year before the refresh, see if you like it or not and pull the trigger then for whichever you prefer. Might lose in depreciation a bit but by doing so you'd avoid the kinks of the first year.
    That said, if you really really like the 2015 then buy it.
    I personally try not to buy a first year. Had it looked like the concept , however, my 2011's days would have been numbered !

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    True, not even at 100k yet lol
    That much? My 2003 has 110k already!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Tapatalk fail. Can't quote posts.. Ugh

I have 112,600 miles on my '07 lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Tapatalk fail. Can't quote posts.. Ugh

I have 112,600 miles on my '07 lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    look for an update... i can quote, and even multi-quote on my tapatalk (i DO have an Iphone, though)
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

They might do a mid-cycle refresh, but does anyone really think it will be as radical as what was done between '08 and '11? The '15 might be a bit dowdy, but, unlike the '08, there are aggressive tones here and there.

I just don't see a '17/'18 refresh being so radically different that it would induce waves of regret from those who jumped in early.

This may be met with some skepticism, but I've seen and heard some rumors that there WILL be an additional body style. However, it will not be a traditional wagon/hatchback. It sounds like they are developing a 4-door coupe style WRX that will follow the Audi A7 concept...4 doors, long back window hatch-back, coupe-like styling. This is not made up, I swear. This is going off some pending patents / part numbers.

There may or may not be an * additional * body style down the line. That would not stop me from purchasing the '15 sedan. What * would * give me pause is a great concern that the sedan itself would see significant body style changes in a couple of years. What "significant" means is, of course, up for debate.

As my previous message stated, I'd be shocked if said changes would be anywhere near as dramatic as the changes witnessed between '08 and '11.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    This may be met with some skepticism, but I've seen and heard some rumors that there WILL be an additional body style. However, it will not be a traditional wagon/hatchback. It sounds like they are developing a 4-door coupe style WRX that will follow the Audi A7 concept...4 doors, long back window hatch-back, coupe-like styling. This is not made up, I swear. This is going off some pending patents / part numbers.
    Bring the Levorg!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Bring the Levorg!
    Do you think that would be a WRX wagon or morph into a Legacy wagon if it were to become a reality?