The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 56
Page 56 of 211 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by michaelwfox Posting via 96accord. He showed me this video. Watch it to the end. It's well worth ...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Posting via 96accord. He showed me this video. Watch it to the end. It's well worth it.
    Watching it now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    @11:34 =>
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Posting it because MichaelFox showed me ->
    http://fat.gfycat.com/GoldenSpeedyInexpectatumpleco.mp4

I Support ClubWRX
    DAT JUMP!!!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

WRX pictures

Well,
    Hope this helps someone. I just saw one *(WRX)* first-hand, and spent some time with it about an hour ago. Here are my impressions, along with pictures.

First of all, the car looks very nice in blue. It looks taller than it should, IMO, and as a result, looks a bit skinny from the front (a little wider would be nicer). Also, the front clip still looks a bit off to me as far as being pleasing. It looks a little akward in the pictures with that bottom spoiler and its angles, and looks that way in person too.

The cars interior is years ahead of last year. It doesn't feel like even the same car, but more like being in an Outback with the new cluster. The wheel is substantial, and feels awesome. I do wish it would telescope a bit further towards the cluster as others cars do. It seems like the options are close to your body, and even closer to your body.

The seats feel nice and firm (this was full leather). The rear seats have TONS of room. I'm 5'8", set the front seat properly, got in the back, and there was still a few inches before I would have touched the front seat. The power front seat functions work like any other car, but the controls themselves look a bit cheap.

The shifter is smooth and precise, at least while rowing with the car off..The throws are short enough that a short shifter may not be needed.

The trunk has a good amount of room, and the back seats fold down easily.

The body and fit and finish look outback-quality. In other words, it is nice, and I didn't see any issues with the fitment or build of this copy. It was either well taken care of for display, or they will all be good like this.

The interior roof is dark cloth that feels like wool. Yes, hard to explain. It isn't your typical interior trim with the hard feel. It feels good though, and looks nice enough. The sunroof shade moves smooth and easy.

The seat heaters are in a hard place to get to. Not sure what they are doing all the way back there.

This had the H/K speakers, and what looks like a subwoofer on the rear deck (one of the last pics).

Hope this helps someone. I know the pics are already out there, but maybe some of these are from different angles.
    (posted same in other places too)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1341.jpg   IMG_1343.jpg   IMG_1351.jpg   IMG_1353.jpg   IMG_1357.jpg  

IMG_1327.jpg   IMG_1329.jpg   IMG_1331.jpg   IMG_1333.jpg   IMG_1335.jpg  

Last edited by azeemtn; 01-23-2014 at 03:31 PM.

I still hate how the front end looks

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for the first hand insight!

The only complaint I have about the car now is the wheels. Those stock wheels are hideous. They are too small and they look like hub caps. Thankfully that is an easy enough fix.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I still hate how the front end looks
    Im curious what it is about the front end that you dislike so much. I realize opinions on it are totally subjective and all but I just have such a different opinion that I'm curious what it is that causes the hate for you.

Personally, I think it looks far far better than it's immediate predecessor.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thanks azeemtn! That shifter knob looks like it has nice weight to it! Which dealership is this? Looks like it COULD be Stevens Creek? I'd love to get a first-hand look myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Zataks View Post
    Thanks azeemtn! That shifter knob looks like it has nice weight to it! Which dealership is this? Looks like it COULD be Stevens Creek? I'd love to get a first-hand look myself.
    It was, but it is gone now.
    I had to chase this car down. I saw a DGDG video on here, with Jamie Cassidy in it, who is San Jose Subaru. I know him, he's a nice fellow. I called him, and he said the car was gone, but went to Stevens Creek. Called there as I know someone there too, who told me it would be gone in 3 hours, so I rushed over there. Not sure where it went, but I think it is still in the area. If you call the front desk, Mandy, who is super nice, might know where it went.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Im curious what it is about the front end that you dislike so much. I realize opinions on it are totally subjective and all but I just have such a different opinion that I'm curious what it is that causes the hate for you.

I have to say in person it still looks like the angles are awkward. I really want to like it, but have to be honest to myself that it just doesn't look right. I'm hoping (and I suspect it will happen) that a nice aftermarket front lip kit will fix this for me.

For some reason the pics aren't showing up in Tapatalk. I will check them out later but thanks for the review!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to an opportunity to see a recent model and the new model side-by-side. I was never really "in love" with the 2008-2014 cars, either. I might prefer the 2015 before it's over.
    Jay, you should get a '15, and we'll take it up to Winchester. You can park next to one of the youngsters with a 2012 model or whatever.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm actually looking forward to an opportunity to see a recent model and the new model side-by-side. I was never really "in love" with the 2008-2014 cars, either. I might prefer the 2015 before it's over.
    Jay, you should get a '15, and we'll take it up to Winchester. You can park next to one of the youngsters with a 2012 model or whatever.
    lol I am actually considering it. You know I can't own a car for too long.. The old thing I'm driving now is ready to be put out to pasture.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Like azeemtn said..I want to but I can't get over the front end. Mostly the fog light area. But it's like the car is trying to be aggressive looking but that aggressiveness don't get past the front fenders.