The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 53
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Great write up; so much great info! EDIT: found answer to my question....

Great write up; so much great info!

EDIT: found answer to my question.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ that's an interesting video.

also I heard on one of the review videos I found that the reviewer will test the STi in a few weeks at Laguna Seca.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Watching that video, I kept waiting to see the Darma Logo somewhere in the background fun video love the passion put into the cars... Great car for newcomers; slight let down for upgraders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -akaGONZO

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Thank you for participating and sharing your experience/knowledge.
    +1 That's the most informative post I have read on why the STI doesn't have the FA engine.

The review I read must have had incorrect information about an electronically controlled rear differential. It is a Torsen unit. So Subaru went back to the 07-11 style diffs (front and rear Torsen) and started advertising the yaw sensors (used since 2006) as VDC with a controller. In reality, STIs have had VDC since 2006. In 2007, the rear diff was changed to a Torsen as well. Don't get me wrong, active breaking works great. Also, in 2007 the ECU was upgraded to a newer age ECU with DSP functions. My 07 responds better in the turns when going in too hot. My wife's 06 loses more speed due to slower response from active breaking (VDC). The VDC does save your ass at times, but in the 06 there is more of an "oh ****" feel to it. My 07 is tail happy and was when it was stock. I do have a whiteline rear swaybar (kartboy ends) and even on full soft, my car oversteers. On full hard, it just flies around the corners on my 255 series Khumo XS tires. I have driven EVOs and I'll take my 07 any day. The EVO just feels like a Type R and an S2000 offspring (both are twitchy) to me. My STI breaks the rear lose a few inches and just keeps going around the curve. I can then power (more like rocket) out of the curve unlike an EVO. I suppose that is a testament to active breaking and the rear Torsen unit.
    2002 WRX
    13.7@97

Thanks for all that info gabe. From what I gathered from what you've said I'm looking forward to seeing where the sti and wrx go after these first few models roll off the showroom. I believe subaru is using these as a marketing test and from here we'll see, like you said a gtr competitor for a great and affordable price

Quote Originally Posted by LENSPEC View Post
    I bet everyone wishes they made this instead. Lol

Not really, the back looks like a basic Impreza. The older generation as used up to '14 in the WRX is nicer. Even my wife doesn't like that style, and she usually doesn't care. If they make a hatch in the coming years then I hope they put more effort into it than this.

My only point is that this "15 hatch" looks better than the 15 sedan. JMHO \_(ツ)_/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LENSPEC View Post
    My only point is that this "15 hatch" looks better than the 15 sedan. JMHO \_(ツ)_/
    Part of that look comes from the photoshopped wheels, drop and front lip. Give the sedan the same shop and it looks just as good if not better than that wagon rendering.

Also, notice how I said wagon and not hatch.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Part of that look comes from the photoshopped wheels, drop and front lip. Give the sedan the same shop and it looks just as good if not better than that wagon rendering.

Also, notice how I said wagon and not hatch.

Like this. (add a lip spoiler and would look even better). Not too shabby looking

I Support ClubWRX
    ^Exactly

GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Hello michaelwfox.

I blame YOU that I am even thinking about trading my '07 WRX in on one! Argh...

Quote Originally Posted by Berthelboy View Post
    Is anybody else concerned that since Subaru has added an automatic to the lineup that it will eventually look to eliminate a manual transmission? As some one who only wants to drive a manual, Im kind of concerned. I also really hope the hatch comes back at some point, because I don't want a sedan.
    Yeah, me too - I don't know how to drive a slushbox.

i don't post here often, but i had to say gabe did an awesome informative post. i personally think this STI looks awesome it, esp after reading that, is def my next car i hope to buy in the next few years...never understood the hate about the car...esp the 300hp is too little argument, that just made...no sense.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.