Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#3,096 ·
Try getting used to the sound of the RPMs and shift at what your ears think is 3500. If you go a little bit over once or twice your car is not going to blow up. I've had customers redline off the lot and bring it back with 100k on it running great. I do not in any way recommend that of course; the engineers at subaru do things for a reason. Just do your level best to do it right and have patience,. Also, let it warm up, that is probably the most overlooked thing for break in. Congratulations on your new wrx, I can see from your level of concern that your car is lucky to have you!:thumbup:

#3,101 ·
Since I've gotten my WRX, I've had two instances where a car just started to come over on me into my lane. Both times I've honked the horn with no result. Usually people would jerk back into their lane, but since I've gotten this car they just keep on coming over like they don't mind that I'm honking and in the spot they are coming into.
I can understand people not really paying attention and all, but maybe the horn isn't loud enough?

#3,120 ·
Has anyone here heard the clutch make any noises after initial start up and driving? I've just now started to notice this and was getting worried. I just now have over 1700 miles and haven't done anything crazy (except starting in 3rd accidentally one day...getting used to the Short-throw still:D) Here's a link to a guy who has the same issue.

2015 Subaru WRX Clutch Noise (Throw Out Bearing?) - YouTube

#3,127 ·
I'm sure plenty of you already are familiar with the way this car drives as this is the OFFICIAL '15 thread but I wanted to mention that I finally got to drive a '15 manual (in sexy GBP!) this weekend. One of my bud's has had one for about a month now and he let me take it out briefly Sunday night.

I was extremely impressed with power delivery and handling. Did a 2-3 and a 1-2-3 gear pull and also got a decent corner in on an empty street. All in all it feels so much smoother and more refined than my '13 and I was giggling like a school boy the next morning from how fun it had been! Not trading in my '13 but definitely exceedingly impressed with the '15. Lots of fun.

#3,129 ·
I am officially less than two weeks out from when mine gets here! very excited. If I can sell my last motorcycle I can buy the car outright and won't have a payment!

#3,130 ·
After reading through this thread for however long it's been going, one thing is for sure.
I STILL have no idea which color to get. I've never had a car with any real color. They have all been black, grey, silver or white. So I thought WRB w/ white wheels...go bold. Then I decided I wanted my 2008 WRX color...DGM again. Then I thought...maybe white w/ bronze wheels. Now I really like Gizmo's GBP w/ grey wheels. I have about a year to decide still. Keep the pics coming! Eventually I'll make up my mind.
(white G37 right now)

#3,131 ·
I have yet to see a 2015 with an OEM color I didn't like. Personally, I love the WRB and Galaxy Blue the most. WRB seems it would be easier to keep clean looking though so that's what made my decision.

#3,133 ·
I'm enjoying white right now except for two things I'm noticing. One: Tar looks worse than usual. Living in Michigan with these garbage band-aid road repairs, it's impossible to avoid the tar and patch work. Two: The tiny little orange specs on the paint during the rough winter months. I have to clay bar them away and they always come back. Infiniti paint sucks worse than Subaru's so that could be part of it. I found the DGM was pretty easy to maintain overall. Sometimes I even like the idea of red, but I don't want to stand out TOO much.

#3,135 ·
Question folks. Has anyone installed Hella Supertones in their 2015 WRX. Do you need to purchase the mounting bracket and harness as well? Thanks in advance!

#3,136 ·
#3,138 · (Edited)
I still have my stock exhaust on and waiting for the new one.
On my way home from work, I went from 1st to 2nd gear. Stepped on the gas, for a moment forward acceleration sort of stopped and my exhaust crackled. I've never had a car do that before. I mean, it sounded cool, but didn't know if this has happened to anyone else with a completely stock 2015? I assume this isn't a bad sign? I've read crackle from exhaust is from unburnt fuel?
(oh, and this was with me at 100% throttle in 2nd gear not even close to redline when it stopped forward acceleration and crackled)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.