The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 51
Page 51 of 211 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The all-new Subaru WRX STI will once again be available in the UK, less than a year after the last ...

The all-new Subaru WRX STI will once again be available in the UK, less than a year after the last iteration was sold in the country. Arriving in showrooms in May, the high-performance model will be priced from £28,995 ($47,600) making it roughly £4,000 cheaper than its predecessor.

Subaru says the substantial price drop is due to “recent movements in exchange rates” – referring to the depreciation of the Japanese yen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    A) Altima
    B ) Camry
    C) Fusion
    D) Genesis
    E) Accord
    F) Chevy somethingrather
    G) ?
    H) ? Lexus?
    I think letter G is a VW (Passat, CC or something like that) but I fully agree lol
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    A) Altima
    B ) Camry
    C) Fusion
    D) Genesis
    E) Accord
    F) Chevy somethingrather
    G) ?
    H) ? Lexus?
    I agree but F is a Chevy Cruze and G is an Audi A4
    Stage 2 2012 OBP Subaru WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I am very curious when we will see press test drive reviews of the new STi.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    but that will end the endless speculation!!!
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Probably by the end of this week if not next week. WRX test drives happened a week after the reveal so I am assuming the same is true for the STi.

Should be interesting to see how they rate it next to the WRX :/ the gap is closing! Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    but that will end the endless speculation!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by le STiG View Post
    Probably by the end of this week if not next week. WRX test drives happened a week after the reveal so I am assuming the same is true for the STi.

Should be interesting to see how they rate it next to the WRX :/ the gap is closing! Boo!
    It'll be fun to read them, but the wrx press drive articles just made it clear to me that I don't much buy into their reviews. They made it out to be the second coming, and I'm well aware of the unofficial incentives automotive press gets when they do those things.

Or maybe it really is a porsche-killer in a tin can, who knows.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    It'll be fun to read them, but the wrx press drive articles just made it clear to me that I don't much buy into their reviews. They made it out to be the second coming, and I'm well aware of the unofficial incentives automotive press gets when they do those things.

Or maybe it really is a porsche-killer in a tin can, who knows.
    I get that. I like to read them too but like most reviews I take them with a grain of salt... Looked at through the right lense, they still have some indicative value IMHO.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I think this would have been a more sporty offering; 2dr and smaller gaps in the wheel arches. Then all it would need is wheels that don't look like cheap aftermarket and a more grown-up rear wing.

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks awesome as a 2 door!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    The all-new Subaru WRX STI will once again be available in the UK, less than a year after the last iteration was sold in the country. Arriving in showrooms in May, the high-performance model will be priced from £28,995 ($47,600) making it roughly £4,000 cheaper than its predecessor.

Subaru says the substantial price drop is due to “recent movements in exchange rates” – referring to the depreciation of the Japanese yen.
    Actually, when it was last on sale in the UK, it was £27k (Subaru WRX STI: now £6k cheaper - BBC Top Gear), down from an original £33k. This seems like a strange decision to me. I just don't see them selling many. They stopped offering it because it wasn't competitive. So they've reintroduced it at a higher price with no more power. Odd. At £29k, you're into some serious competition. For just 3 grand more, you could have an Audi S3 or a BMW 135i, both of which have over 300hp. Here are some more options in that price range:

Select the best car - BBC Top Gear

Agreed. Wouldn't have been a bad move to make it 2 door for a bit sportier feel and pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Now it looks like a BMW 3 series coupe who had a love child with a 2 door 2001 Civic coupe, and came out with a weird Scion TC mashup
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    Now it looks like a BMW 3 series coupe who had a love child with a 2 door 2001 Civic coupe, and came out with a weird Scion TC mashup
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I have always had the opinion that the WRX should be a 4 door and the STI a coupe. However, this is not what I was expecting - it's nice, but exactly as Mikie describes it!