The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 209 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This whole thread is worthy of a big 'ol MEH....

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    This whole thread is worthy of a big 'ol MEH.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

25 more days until I'm in Los Angeles watching the debut release for the cover to come off the 2015 WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    25 more days until I'm in Los Angeles watching the debut release for the cover to come off the 2015 WRX.

You better be posting up close pictures lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

My prediction is that all of these so called "leaked" photo's, like the one from the japan tv show with the dummy crossing the road, is all smoke and mirrors. And Subaru will surprise us with something closer to the concept, I hope! For the 2016 model year, we'll get the 5 door back...
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    You better be posting up close pictures lo
    Will do

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Better at least have the hover conversion

2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Better at least have the hover conversion

Wumwumwumwumwumwumwumwumwum

Posted from my mobile foruming mah-sheenz
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

Fresh from Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    Fresh from Japan...

Fairly long article with interesting future news/update: WRX news towards the bottom of the article.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News of Nissan’s giant-killing GT-R going hybrid in its next generation raised plenty of eyebrows among sports car fans recently, but the electrified supercar is not the only Japanese performance hybrid in the works.

The Toyota Prius put hybrid cars on the map way back in 1997 and Japan’s biggest car-maker has launched more than a dozen petrol-electric vehicles since then.

Indeed, widespread deployment of hybrid drive technology is what most manufacturers are now undertaking to meet the more stringent emissions regulations and fuel consumption expectations of the motoring public, spelling hybrid power for everything from smallest hatches to the mightiest supercars.

In fact, as demonstrated by the Porsche 918 Spyder and LaFerrari hyper-hybrids, the only way to produce ever more powerful performance models that deliver acceptable emissions levels is to hybridise them.

Now, with hybrids getting known not just for their fuel-saving abilities but also their performance-enhancing traits, Japanese car-makers Honda, Mazda and Subaru are getting in on the hybrid act with high-performance models in the pipeline, as these renderings from Japan’s Best Car magazine suggest.

The first kid on Japan’s high performance hybrid block will be Honda’s Jazz Hybrid Type R.

Motoring.com.au understands Honda engineers are currently finalizing details for a hybrid version of the new Jazz that would boost total power to an impressive 140kW (up from 80kW in the standard 1.5-litre Jazz RS model upon which it’s based) while returning fuel consumption of 3.6L/100km.

Honda’s first hybrid Type R will be fitted with the same seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT) seen in the upcoming Jazz Hybrid and will employ specially tuned suspension.

Slated for a 2015 debut, the Jazz Type R should start at around $25,000 – just a few thousand dollars more than the existing Jazz Hybrid.

Mazda will also enter the hybrid fray with its Mazda3 Hybrid. Based on the new-generation Mazda3 due here in a few months &, the electrified Mazda3 will combine a Toyota-sourced hybrid system from the Prius with a turbocharged 2.0-litre petrol engine to deliver total power output of around 221kW (300hp) and 392Nm of torque.

While that should be enough for the Mazda3 Hybrid to wear an MPS badge, fuel economy will remain at a frugal 5.0L/100km. However, Mazda has so far committed to releasing its first hybrid model by the end of this year only in Japan, where it should be priced around the Australian equivalent of about $30,000.

Meantime at Subaru, the new WRX line-up due here in March following its LA motor show debut next month will be crowned by the 220kW-plus WRX STI due in late 2014, but Subaru has something else on the table -- a WRX Hybrid.

As we’ve seen with the BRZ and Toyota 86 joint-venture sports cars, Subaru has a strong relationship with Toyota and has no doubt borrowed some hybrid technology from its sizable partner. But the hybrid system Subaru will use for its ground-breaking WRX Hybrid comes straight from its big-selling (in Japan) XV Hybrid, which was developed in-house after over a decade of research in the Tochigi R&D centre.

To be initially fitted to the WRX and later to the Liberty, Subaru’s 2.0-litre boxer-powered hybrid system will also employ a turbocharger to generate total power of more than 220kW and 387Nm of torque.

This is a combination that Subaru fans worldwide have been waiting for; loads of performance (in this case from a powerful turbo-petrol and electric drive-train) that also delivers fuel consumption of around 5.5L/100km -- something that has eluded boxer engines up until now.

And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Expect more performance hybrids, combining the torque of turbo-petrol engines and electric motors, from other Japanese manufacturers like Toyota and Nissan in the near future.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 10-31-2013 at 11:32 AM.

I'd hit that! Not crazy about the mirrors, but looks pretty good. Now where's the hatch?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    IF that is the new WRX I wouldn't be mad

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Meh on the style...but the color is cool.

It won't look anything like that.

/SillyInternetSpeculation
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    That looks mostly like the mule pics out there.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

What's with the weird double fog-lights?
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by subypete View Post
    What's with the weird double fog-lights?
    To combat the double fog, of course.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying