The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 49
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 214 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I like the STI version of the EVO MR wheels. Looks like it MIGHT have some potential for a better ...

I like the STI version of the EVO MR wheels. Looks like it MIGHT have some potential for a better look and power in the next few years..I wish they put the FA engine in too.
    Oh well I guess I'll build my 09 and have fun for a while

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
    If it truly didn't matter to you either, you would be driving a Legacy or Accord. They have similar power, but nicer rides and nice interiors. Most people don't use the motor to hit top speeds, but to get to their desired speed quickly. Others use it to help avoid accidents as there is one more option beside brake, turn left , or turn right..Some like the push in the back when you start up. The Torque #'s didn't change looks like..
    For me, it looks like the WRX with it's flatter torque band, and easy tune potential (and reduced cost) is a simple choice..
    wanting the highest number of HP's and wanting a good amount of HP's are two totally different things; and making that generalization ignores the desire for a subaru's AWD system and handling.

furthermore, getting to a higher speed more quickly or getting out of the way quickly comes down to torque... and even if the torque number hasn't changed that much, it is still pretty damn good.

since we are spit-balling, I would speculate that since the WRX got the twin-scroll, then the STI would get that if not something better, which would in turn help in the quick-spooling department, which in turn should help those torques.
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

Doesn't look like the STI got the twin-scroll..I thought that was was started this conversation about power this morning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    since we are spit-balling, I would speculate that since the WRX got the twin-scroll, then the STI would get that if not something better, which would in turn help in the quick-spooling department, which in turn should help those torques.
    STI is keeping the same drivetrain it currently has.

Which is dumb.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    STI is keeping the same drivetrain it currently has.

Which is dumb.
    The current drive train is nothing to complain about.

Is the new wrx 6 speed the same as the sti 6 speed or is it just a weaker dumbed down version of the sti 6 speed?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
    Doesn't look like the STI got the twin-scroll..I thought that was was started this conversation about power this morning
    sorry, I didnt read through it all... just picked up where it left off

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    troof... if it ain't broke, don't fix it
    Kartboy STS, related shifter/linkage bushings, Whiteline subframe bushing inserts, Whiteline rear differential bushing inserts, Whiteline steering rack bushings, Grimmspeed MCB, Group N tranny mount, TiC tranny cross member bushings, gimmick turbro inlet pipe, Ingen intake, PW-clone TMIC, Turbrosmart BPV, Megan catless DP, Tsudo N1 exhaust... X-wing dangly and dashboard Buddy Christ (for lulz)

I believe they are two different transmissions completely

I have to admit though the direction subaru is going is still better then where mitsu is going. Unless subaru has plans for hybrid wrx

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    There is plenty to complain about.

Ringland problems
    Timing belt not chain
    Bottom mounted oil filter
    UELH
    Not twin scroll
    Poor placement of the turbo itself
    It's been around since 2004

It needs to be put out to pasture. The old girl is tired.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    There is plenty to complain about.

Ringland problems
    Timing belt not chain
    Bottom mounted oil filter
    UELH
    Not twin scroll
    Poor placement of the turbo itself
    It's been around since 2004

It needs to be put out to pasture. The old girl is tired.
    I thought we were talking drive train. I agree with your above points though.

I wonder when the, "How do I swap wrx motors into the sti" threads will start....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    I wonder when the, "How do I swap wrx motors into the sti" threads will start....
    ^ That's funny. Genuinely, without sarcasm. It could happen...
    Last edited by ByrdBones; 01-14-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Maybe on it's first "refresh" they'll throw in a 2.5 FA motor...We can only hope. Not that the current motor is bad, but having that torque down low would be nice. I personally wouldn't buy an STI until they update the motor.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

Same here. Again I really think they left a lot of room for improvement and these first couple models are kind of a sales test to see where they should go with them

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.