The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 45
+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 214 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't like the spoiler or the wheels. I'm more about subtlety. I'll take the WRX lip spoiler. Not to ...

I don't like the spoiler or the wheels. I'm more about subtlety. I'll take the WRX lip spoiler. Not to change the subject, but I just read about the new Golf R coming to the U.S. HATCHBACK (duh, of course), new Haldex 5 AWD system, available with DSG or manual...(0-60 5.3 / manual 0-60 4.9 / DSG) and the usual higher quality interior. My next car may be German. First time for everything. They are offering 3 year free maintenance program as well supposedly. 290HP / 280TQ.
    2015 Volkswagen Golf R - News - Road & Track

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's not bad however, when it comes to looks, I like the '14 better. However, I am curious to see what performance numbers and options it has. I really like the concept for the new WRX however, they watered it down as companies always do.

I will reserve my final judgement until I see one in person. I will say that from the pictures, I thought it was an EVO X.
    Chris
    '14 WRX Crystal Black/SPT CBE/Tuned by Torqued Performance

2015 WRX Sti leaks are out!!!

IMO looks really nice, they are going back to the gold wheels, looks amazing but the rear still looks kind of plane Jane...the spoiler helps though. Some pics are on Google search and saw some on caranddriver.com. The blue with the gold wheels does look hot guys!

Paying close to 40 grand for a VW Golf just doesn't sit right with me. I'd be looking into a different market altogether at that point.
    Not so much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by degobah77 View Post
    Paying close to 40 grand for a VW Golf just doesn't sit right with me. I'd be looking into a different market altogether at that point.
    I'm guessing both the Sti and the Golf R will start around 35K-36K. I'm sure the Golf R will get more expensive at a faster pace. However, the Golf R comes pretty well loaded anyway.
    Now since I'm cross-shopping the new WRX (not the Sti) and Golf R...there could easily be a 5K difference which may pull me towards the Subie. I just REALLY want a hatchback again along with AWD and turbo and good tuning options.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    It does look like an evo X.

I love the way it looks in about half the pictures and in the other half I hate the way it looks. Reserving my judgement until it comes out and I see it in person.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love it.

They're finally offering Galaxy Blue on a Rex!? Wonder if they'll paint mine....

Jan 14 needs to come sooner

For me it's entirely too early to make judgement. I'll see it in person on the 14th so I'll judge then. I'd still wait for the hatch before even considering trading in my '11.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Seriously...I'd rather have an Audi or something if I were to do that. Probably rather have an Evo for $40k...or not. I'd probably just not spend $40k on a car.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I don't like the spoiler or the wheels. I'm more about subtlety. I'll take the WRX lip spoiler. Not to change the subject, but I just read about the new Golf R coming to the U.S. HATCHBACK (duh, of course), new Haldex 5 AWD system, available with DSG or manual...(0-60 5.3 / manual 0-60 4.9 / DSG) and the usual higher quality interior. My next car may be German. First time for everything. They are offering 3 year free maintenance program as well supposedly. 290HP / 280TQ.
    2015 Volkswagen Golf R - News - Road & Track
    Unless they are doing a special deal just for that car, the free maintenence was dropped this past year from 3 years to 2. So basically just two free oil changes. (VW interval is 10k miles)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Seriously...I'd rather have an Audi or something if I were to do that. Probably rather have an Evo for $40k...or not. I'd probably just not spend $40k on a car.
    This. I have trouble figuring out what would justify spending over 30k for a car unless supercar.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+1.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    This. I have trouble figuring out what would justify spending over 30k for a car unless supercar.
    Porsche Cayman, BMW M3, Audi RS4. I could think of a bunch of sub-supercars I'd have if the budget allowed.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.