The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 211 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 There's no room for logic and a good opinion here thats why I love this forum!...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    There's no room for logic and a good opinion here
    thats why I love this forum!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hahaha classic, well done

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    The FA handles power far better than the EJ does. It would be stupid for Subaru to retain a weaker engine in their flagship car.
    It could be a new 2.5. It was hinted that Toyota was already testing a 2.5 in the FR-S to give it a power bump. A new DI 2.5 could be kick ass in a 2016 WRX STi. The way I see it, Subaru needs to do something special with the STi to differentiate the STi..

After reading and watching some reviews on the 15', I'm glad I have an 11' because my resale value is going up!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thill View Post
    It could be a new 2.5. It was hinted that Toyota was already testing a 2.5 in the FR-S to give it a power bump. A new DI 2.5 could be kick ass in a 2016 WRX STi. The way I see it, Subaru needs to do something special with the STi to differentiate the STi..
    I would love to see this happen!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTION View Post
    After reading and watching some reviews on the 15', I'm glad I have an 11' because my resale value is going up!!!
    What makes you think that?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

What makes you think that?
    Possibly one of the ugliest new cars I have seen in awhile. Not too mention a loss of power and displacement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Possibly one of the ugliest new cars I have seen in awhile. Not too mention a loss of power and displacement.
    Yeah. That's not going to make the resale value of your 4 year old car go up. Sorry to burst your bubble.

First, the looks are subjective and many people don't share your opinion. Second, it's not losing any power. It gains 3HP and 14TQ (268-258 vs 265-244).

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Yeah. That's not going to make the resale value of your 4 year old car go up. Sorry to burst your bubble.

First, the looks are subjective and many people don't share your opinion. Second, it's not losing any power. It gains 3HP and 14TQ (268-258 vs 265-244).
    You're right, it may be such a big mistake "in looks" that it hurts all previous Subaru models integrity and yes the looks are subjective, In my opinion it looks like a Ford Taurus (another ugly car) although some people will think it looks good (there's always a few in the crowd) most others will share the same opinion I have on it.

I Support ClubWRX
    You're right, it may be such a big mistake "in looks" that it hurts all previous Subaru models integrity and yes the looks are subjective, In my opinion it looks like a Ford Taurus (another ugly car) although some people will think it looks good (there's always a few in the crowd) most others will share the same opinion I have on it.
    Are you being serious? I really can't tell.....

If so, you really think that the looks of the new WRX (one of Subaru's lowest selling cars) are so bad that people won't buy other Subaru's? Wow, you really hate the looks......

I don't even know where to go from there, your logic evades me.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

It is ugly. But, IMO, Subarus have always been ugly. And yet they've still sold. Now they've added an auto option making the car accessible to millions more people. The car will sell. Sad, but true.
    Last edited by Soobvirgin; 01-02-2014 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Smelling pistake

Are you being serious? I really can't tell.....

If so, you really think that the looks of the new WRX (one of Subaru's lowest selling cars) are so bad that people won't buy other Subaru's? Wow, you really hate the looks......

I don't even know where to go from there, your logic evades me.
    I've heard that it can take people a life time to understand sarcasm (you seem to be one of them). No, I do not think people will not buy Subarus because of how ugly this one is, people will buy anything no matter how it looks but in my honest opinion I think the 15' wrx is hideous.

I Support ClubWRX
    ?.....Second, it's not losing any power. It gains 3HP and 14TQ (268-258 vs 265-244).
    I think there are a few people who see that the 0-60 time is slower and assume the power is lower. Nerver mind the fact that it is faster through turns, or that the power band is significantly fatter and it may possible actually have a faster 0-50 and faster 0-75 times... They see the rather narrow indicator of 0-60 in a straight line on clean dry pavement benchmark and make broad assumptions from that.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard that it can take people a life time to understand sarcasm (you seem to be one of them). No, I do not think people will not buy Subarus because of how ugly this one is, people will buy anything no matter how it looks but in my honest opinion I think the 15' wrx is hideous.
    I fully grasp the concept of sarcasm, I'm not Sheldon. However, that is a very difficult thing to get across a text based platform such as this forum. It's partially why many of the members use orange text to denote that there was sarcasm intended.

Please keep this thread on topic and not leaning towards thinly veiled personal insults. Based on all your previous posts up to this one, I had no way to detect you weren't being serious. Especially when the sentence directly after was a serious one.

BOT: You have every right to believe it is ugly. A lot of people do. I'm not one of those people and I will be buying a 2015 (or 2016 depending on a few factors).

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I can't see older cars being worth more because of this one. It looks like they've made improvements pretty much across the board, the looks of course being subjective. Everything else looks like it got better; handling, interior, ride quality, DI motor, the list is out there..

Yeah, pretty ugly. There's always someone who likes it, they wouldn't build it if they didn't think it would sell. Cars come in so many styles, most of them sell. I don't even think the new WRX looks all that ugly, just the fact there's no hatch puts me off. With some new models it just takes time to get used to the new look and this is really not all that different. Ford used to be pretty "progressive" back in my days in Germany, it always took a while for the market to adjust. But they did pretty good with that. And honestly, DI and other "advancements" are needed to stay competitive...
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?