Subaru WRX Forum banner

The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread

984K views 3K replies 280 participants last post by  blue_subae 
#1 ·
Can we all stop freaking out about the no hatch rumor? Until it's confirmed, there's nothing to worry about.

Remember the iPhone 4S? We were all 100% positive then iPhone 5 was coming out next then BLAM! iPhone 4S.

Mods, can we merge a few of the comments from the 2014 thread on to this one? I think there has been some overlap.

#161 ·
I'd buy that. I won't jump on the 2015 though, I'll wait to make sure there isn't an engine upgrade in the future. Unless there is a boost for the STI for the 2015 over the 2014, which I do not see in the rumor mill yet. I can wait for this.

Also, I would like the moonroof to remain. I really like that on my 2011.

#163 ·
The mirrors piss me off though. Why the hell are they sticking out from so low in the door???

They kinda remind me of T-Rex arms!

#166 ·
:yeahthat:

That little bit of extra glass in the door is standard design language for all of Subaru's model except the Legacy/Outback. Even the BRZ has it.

#168 ·
What'd I miss in this thread?

Oh good! More rendered speculation. Good thing too, I almost lost my mind having to wait until tomorrow.

Sorry, but I just don't get it. If people want to make art that guesses at it, fine. But stop saying "this is it." No matter how close it is to the actual car, it's not "it" until we actually see "it."

Just an issue I have with "journalism" in general, really.

#169 ·
Ohhhhhh ****...he's gone full TDI on us.

In reality though...I can't agree more with you here. All the speculation is retarded. It can be fun, but the people that get so bent out of shape over something "DEFINITELY BEING IT!" need to just relax.

#173 ·
BRZ rumor thread 2.0

Sent from my iBone

Reactions: michaelwfox
#175 ·
I'm so glad I bought a 2006....hahHa. Just wanted to say that since everyone seems to be saying that about their respected models.

I feel that Subaru is finally gearing the wrx model towards everyone and not just enthusiast anymore. It's a shame. Bound to happen though considering all the makes that offer turbo charged cars now....

#197 ·
Cars.com
2015 Subaru WRX at the 2013 L.A. Auto Show

Love the front end, the interior looks good by wrx standards, and the drive train sounds promising. Need I say it would look way better as a hatch? The first image looks to me like a DTM road car just spun out into the gravel.

Seriously though, most competitive pro rally cars have been compact hatches, taking it out of the wrx lineup further distances it from what it's suppose to be first and foremost - an all wheel drive rally car (that being said admittedly my favorite wrx is an '05 sti). If they had a hatch in the works it likely would have been my next car. Not anymore, and the "Levorg" isn't looking any better...

#183 ·
The roof frame shape is whats buggin' me the most. Some angles make the roof design look funny sort of rounded... Quarter glass doesnt help either nor does the Corolla fog light kit and the door mounted side mirrors. Simply not appealing to me the way it should. I need to see this and drive in person asap to change my disappointed opinion. Interior...major upgrade. Nicee.

#184 ·
"Subaru gas mileage estimates are 21/28/24 mpg city/highway/combined with the manual..."

Well, that's a big improvement. Seriously? Almost the exact same power, marginal fuel economy improvement, still sitting on 17" wheels. This car continues to get swallowed by the competition. Good job it has AWD!

#201 ·
Been awhile since last post, regrettably got rid of my stag 2+ 11 STI in March of this year. Subaru is going in the right direction, it looks good the interior is updated however no hatch is a bummer. For a lot of folks the current sedan looks like a corrola/ after thought. Just like the wagon did from 02 on, made a sedan decided to make a hatch=ugly after thought. 08 on looks like hatch came first then okay let's make a sedan...the rear of sedans is GROSS. I'm sure the new REX will look great in person and it's inevitably current owners will quantify their purchases to themselves even stating resale......resale is high and will not be driven higher due to this new, more refined feature laden iteration. I curse the day I got my crosstrek and CANT WAIT to bag it and get back into my fifth WRX. Glad subaru addressed interior as I was going to purchase a ST Focus for great looks and hatch. As of now looks like I'll be back to subie, looking for a launch date hoping SOON!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.