The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The image does show a scoop, lower center of gravity, side skirts, decent wheels, decent front fascia. Somewhat sleek however ...

The image does show a scoop, lower center of gravity, side skirts, decent wheels, decent front fascia. Somewhat sleek however nothing like the concept revealed earlier this year. Really hoping this is still a mule/test R&D model and hoping for the best from there design team.

This is all I have for now to share.
    Last edited by itiswhatitisnt; 10-08-2013 at 06:29 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If that is the new wrx/STi then I'm sure glad I ordered a 14.

Sadly, if Subaru is anything like other car companies, they will dance to the songs society plays. If they are losing money on their "offroad, rallycross" models, they will shift their focus to something that will make them the bigger dollars.

However, the Impreza model has always sold very well, from what I understand. I don't know why they would change up the formula, other than maybe to make the car more budget friendly. The WRXs and STIs aren't exactly the cheapest cars out there.

BTW, its amazing to me how they've been able to maintain their "niche" with the AWD and boxer engine thing. They've really not strayed from those two things that really make a Subaru different than alot of other cars. I'd have thought by now that alot of people would have written them off due to the differences, I mean ask anyone who has owned a mid-engine type car like the MR2, they're different but can be expensive to maintain/repair due to their unique nature. I suppose that is a large part of the draw for people too though, at the same time.

I think the salient question is what will they do with the VX? It's the compact rugged hatch that could use a fiestier power plant. If they take that model into auto cross territory and bolt on some performance it could eat into WRX/STI hatch positioning.

Pp

I find it an mystifying and intriguing marketing ploy to finally release official images of the new 2015 WRX on a random television show showcasing Subaru's new safety technology.

Bravo, Subaru, no one saw that coming!

Because it makes no sense at all. But that's the internet for you, grasping at any straw.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    As much as I love Fast Lane Daily, that was poor journalism. Reporting on rumors as if they are fact is pretty careless.

Nothing about the 2015's has been confirmed by Subaru. Speculation is one thing but to say it is fact is not cool in my book.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    It's sad, I suppose...I'm really struggling to get interested in the new model. I like my rude and crude 2002, and the farther Subaru gets from that, refines, makes it look like everything else, etc, the harder the sell is, for me. Maybe I should go test drive a recent model, to renew my Subie-love!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Maybe I should go test drive a recent model, to renew my Subie-love!
    I'm not sure it would

Funny thing is, Derek D who hosts Fast Lane Daily is a buddy of mine from college
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

It's sad, I suppose...I'm really struggling to get interested in the new model. I like my rude and crude 2002, and the farther Subaru gets from that, refines, makes it look like everything else, etc, the harder the sell is, for me. Maybe I should go test drive a recent model, to renew my Subie-love!
    Not gonna lie Ray...I miss the raw-ness of my last STI. While I do like the refinement of the 2012 WRX...I miss the rattling flickable quickness of the STI. The newer one just isn't as nimble.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    "Rattling flickable quickness". Love it. That's a great description of the GD STI's.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

"Rattling flickable quickness". Love it. That's a great description of the GD STI's.
    Nowhere near as good as NERDs

Quote Originally Posted by itiswhatitisnt View Post
    The image does show a scoop, lower center of gravity, side skirts, decent wheels, decent front fascia. Somewhat sleek however nothing like the concept revealed earlier this year. Really hoping this is still a mule/test R&D model and hoping for the best from there design team.

This is all I have for now to share.
    I could not agree more!

Source: HOJ.com

The new-generation Subaru WRX will reach Australia in less than six months’ time and be followed soon after by its hardcore WRX STI sibling.

-Subaru Australia managing director Nick Senior confirmed the all-new fourth-generation WRX would land in local showrooms in March, around two months ahead of the flagship STI that’s due in the second quarter of 2014.

The latest installment of the Japanese manufacturer’s iconic all-wheel-drive sports car is set to be a scaled-down version of the Subaru WRX concept that debuted at the New York auto show in March.