The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 203 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To put on miles?...

To put on miles?
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    To put on miles?
    Well, if magazines are going to instrumented tests on these cars, they need to have some miles on them. Broken in cars are faster!
    Keith
    79 Porsche 930
    07 Subaru WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yargk View Post
    Well, if magazines are going to instrumented tests on these cars, they need to have some miles on them. Broken in cars are faster!
    Subaru probably also wants to see how the car does in real world, everyday, driving conditions. Pretty normal thing for companies to do.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    You must be very young. Cars never used to come with tachos.
    Depends on what you were buying..but I know that's what you meant. My mom's '64 MGB had one, but I didn't have one in a car 'til my 3rd car, a '75 Celica. (Well, my '70 bug had a digital tach because I installed it, but that's another tale) My '98 Ranger didn't have a tach. You shift by engine sound. Not really a big deal.

Great video links, guys.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Depends on what you were buying..but I know that's what you meant. My mom's '64 MGB had one, but I didn't have one in a car 'til my 3rd car, a '75 Celica. (Well, my '70 bug had a digital tach because I installed it, but that's another tale) My '98 Ranger didn't have a tach. You shift by engine sound. Not really a big deal.

Great video links, guys.
    So you guys are talking sticks, not autos. Yeah maybe sticks didn't have tachos but at least all the automatics I have been in they all had tachos
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Great video links, guys.
    So you guys are talking sticks, not autos. Yeah maybe sticks didn't have tachos but at least all the automatics I have been in they all had tachos

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    This whole argument is completely pointless. It's not like there was some specific year that car manufacturers stopped/started making cars with tachs. It varies from one make/model to another.

Sent via sorcery
    2002 OBP WRX - Stage II - "Black Betty"
    1987 Subaru GL Wagon - Stock - "Mr. Ratburn" - SOLD

I Support ClubWRX
    My '70 Impala with Automatic did not have a tach. In fact, most American family sedans with autos back in the day had no tach. Keep going with the broad, sweeping generalizations, though...good fun!
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    My '70 Impala with Automatic did not have a tach. In fact, most American family sedans with autos back in the day had no tach. Keep going with the broad, sweeping generalizations, though...good fun!
    Yep.
    In fact I would say that vast majority of USDM vehicles period didn't have tachometers until at least recent years. It was normally seen as a "premium" option/feature. Historically, where they were in vehicles they were FAR more common in manual/stick (where they may serve an actual purpose) but typically NOT in automatics (especially not sporty/premium models). They serve very little purpose in most automatics for the vast majority of folks.. and automatics have always accounted for the VAST majority of vehicles sold in the US.

I was a teen before I saw a tach in a car for the first time.
    -The J

It was weird driving my dads 05 focus 5 speed because there was no Tach. I would just granny shift or use engine sound.

I Support ClubWRX
    One thing I've seen over on the sock is people saying something along the lines of "I don't want tot trade the boxer rumble for a little peak power..." as if a little peak power is all the twin scroll does for you. Just like the people who say things like "the 0-60 time is worse!" (because of the 6 speed, never mind the fact that it is likely faster 0-50 and 0-75)... There is a significant amount of ignorance about what the twin scroll set up does for performance... While I have not driven the 2015 WRX yet I do currently drive a 2.0 liter twin scroll turbo and I can tell you that what it does for you is fantastic as far as widening up the power band and giving goobs more torque down low where most commuters and or city dwellers spend a crap ton of time. My twin scroll 2.0T Hyundai is NOT sport tuned by any stretch but the torque down low in normal driving/commuting feels better than even my old 2.5 liter STi.
    -The J

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    One thing I've seen over on the sock is people saying something along the lines of "I don't want tot trade the boxer rumble for a little peak power..." as if a little peak power is all the twin scroll does for you. Just like the people who say things like "the 0-60 time is worse!" (because of the 6 speed, never mind the fact that it is likely faster 0-50 and 0-75)... There is a significant amount of ignorance about what the twin scroll set up does for performance... While I have not driven the 2015 WRX yet I do currently drive a 2.0 liter twin scroll turbo and I can tell you that what it does for you is fantastic as far as widening up the power band and giving goobs more torque down low where most commuters and or city dwellers spend a crap ton of time. My twin scroll 2.0T Hyundai is NOT sport tuned by any stretch but the torque down low in normal driving/commuting feels better than even my old 2.5 liter STi.
    ..the Twin Scroll isn't what kills the Boxer Rumble though.. who's complaining about the Twin Scroll?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

I Support ClubWRX

The Official 2015 WRX Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    ..the Twin Scroll isn't what kills the Boxer Rumble though.. who's complaining about the Twin Scroll?

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.
    Nobody's complaining about the twin scroll some are complaining about losing the boxer rumble... Using elh now. I would assume to cost effectively make most use of the twin scroll set up.
    -The J

I Support ClubWRX
    You're right about people getting caught up in peak numbers, etc. My FA-equipped, 2.0 liter BRZ, with its paltry 200hp, actually has about the same 2nd gear pull from 2000-3000 rpms as my dyno-tuned, 2.5 liter 18G WRX. It's really cool what they're doing with direct injection and fresh engine designs.

Of course, past 3000rpms, the WRX would leave my white car for dead. At least, until we reach a corner.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited