The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 30
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 214 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX I've driven manuals in crappy traffic for over 30 years. My current WRX has a beefed-up ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've driven manuals in crappy traffic for over 30 years. My current WRX has a beefed-up clutch that's surely stiffer than most, and I drive it in stop-and-go traffic without really noticing. Is it a fitness thing? Are we becoming a bit "dainty" as a society?
    To be fair, you have better calves than most.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've driven manuals in crappy traffic for over 30 years. My current WRX has a beefed-up clutch that's surely stiffer than most, and I drive it in stop-and-go traffic without really noticing. Is it a fitness thing? Are we becoming a bit "dainty" as a society?
    In my case, to make a short story long...I bought my first two cars off my dad when he was done with them. They were automatics. He never owned a manual while I was alive (I'm 35 years old now). When I purchased my first car I stuck with an auto because it was what I was used to and I was pretty much buying Chryslers in the 90's due to heavy discounts (family). In other words...at 35...I've NEVER driven a stick or had a reason to. It just doesn't matter to me. (plus, like I said previously...I'm a bit lazy) I also don't work on my cars...an intake or something simple like that, sure. I love cars and I consider myself a car enthusiast...stick or not. When I'm driving I blast my heavy metal and floor it and go when I feel like it. I'm all about simplifying. I've created an efficient lifestyle for myself and I like it that way. Honestly, I don't even know if I'm coordinated enough to drive a stick well.
    I'm a tech/computer geek and don't have an athletic bone in my body.

Edit: further proof...I live in a condo because I hate doing yard work!

JaySin,
    You can surely be an enthusiast and not drive a stick. I've had my share of both, and they were all fun, sport cars regardless of the transmission..I like my drives, sometimes for the fun of the turns, but mostly for the fun of flooring it.

I Support ClubWRX
    I will be getting a CVT version. We are not alone, brothers!

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I will be getting a CVT version. We are not alone, brothers!
    We've got 2 members already lined up for CVT's. Perhaps others will realize that Subaru had some idea what they are doing. I wouldn't be against it either, it's hard to see why the angst..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
    We've got 2 members already lined up for CVT's. Perhaps others will realize that Subaru had some idea what they are doing. I wouldn't be against it either, it's hard to see why the angst..
    They are expecting 20% of sales to be CVT

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

Quote Originally Posted by azeemtn View Post
    Not sure what exactly. Perhaps at almost 40 I'm sick of traffic after driving in it for 20 years. It's not a fitness issue, at least for me, as I get plenty of that in everyday. It doesn't help that my current transport delivers crazy torque in any gear and almost any RPM. Sticks are awesome cars, and tons of fun on the open road, or in a canyon, etc. Even general driving in town is more enjoyable. I think perhaps you are one of the few who enjoys one in traffic that I know of.
    Nope! Chalk another up! At worst, I have never understood why people groan and moan about having a manual in traffic. I do sometimes even still enjoy driving when in traffic, despite my impinging and labor-intensive third pedal!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    They are expecting 20% of sales to be CVT
    Which means it'll be impossible to find one on the lot and we'll have to order them and wait. In addition, it may be difficult to find one for a test drive.

Read all these issues that people have with CVT Should You Buy a Car with a CVT Transmission? Page 2 of 2 AutoGuide.com News so unless Subaru is doing something different then prepare to have issues.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Read all these issues that people have with CVT Should You Buy a Car with a CVT Transmission? Page 2 of 2 AutoGuide.com News so unless Subaru is doing something different then prepare to have issues.
    Well...how many of those people have Subarus? It looks like none at first glance. Yes, Subaru is doing something different. It's a different company. Nissan has already acknowledged issues with their CVTs in certain models and model years. Of the number of CVT transmissions sold, what is the ratio of positive posters versus negative posters? Do people with positive things to say really go on blogs and post comments? Yes, but as many? Not even close, I'll assume. The internet is good for complaints. I'll buy my WRX CVT after 1 year of release...so most likely a 2016 model or late 2015 model in case of new car glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Well...how many of those people have Subarus? It looks like none at first glance. Yes, Subaru is doing something different. It's a different company. Nissan has already acknowledged issues with their CVTs in certain models and model years. Of the number of CVT transmissions sold, what is the ratio of positive posters versus negative posters? Do people with positive things to say really go on blogs and post comments? Yes, but as many? Not even close, I'll assume. The internet is good for complaints. I'll buy my WRX CVT after 1 year of release...so most likely a 2016 model or late 2015 model in case of new car glitches.
    Meh...we'll see what happens but i'll probably wait a year and get the 2016 model also

I hear the cvt is very expensive to fix
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Get a manual then, why fuss over the auto option?

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd View Post
    Get a manual then, why fuss over the auto option?
    Because like Jaysin said, I'm lazy lol I have driven manuals and after about 15 minutes i'm tired of rowing gears, plus stop n go traffic sucks. I prefer an automatic, just throw it in D and go. I would have preferred a 6 speed auto with rev management that blips the throttle but whatever, as a DD an automatic would be nice.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes manuals.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's not that I "enjoy" it in traffic...it's just sortof a non-issue. There's an art form to leaving it in 1st, feathering the gas just a bit to kiss it forward, leave room for a little bit of coast down, feather it forward, etc...so that you only use the clutch here and there.

If someone's personal preference is auto, then that's cool.

On the other hand, every time one of you sallies jumps ship to auto, the market demand for true manuals slips just a little, and my possibility of still being able to get a manual 911 when I can finally afford one slips with it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Because like Jaysin said, I'm lazy lol I have driven manuals and after about 15 minutes i'm tired of rowing gears, plus stop n go traffic sucks. I prefer an automatic, just throw it in D and go. I would have preferred a 6 speed auto with rev management that blips the throttle but whatever, as a DD an automatic would be nice.

Contrary to popular belief, not everyone likes manuals.
    What popular belief?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.