The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 29
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 213 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979129 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Justanothername Why use a "specialized" one? Makes me wonder if the cvt is gonna break. I rather ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    Why use a "specialized" one? Makes me wonder if the cvt is gonna break.
    I rather assumed that they had beefed it up for use in a sports sedan. I have no info on that, though..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'll probably be one of the 'losers' to get the CVT, but I wonder how it will respond to the usual upgrades, TBE, intake, tune. I like the idea of the adjustability of the shifting (I'm a tech addict) and I enjoy paddle shifters. Plus I sit in crappy traffic more often than not...and lastly...I lean towards lazy.

I wish they would of just used regular 6 speed automatic tranny with dynamic rev matching.
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I'll probably be one of the 'losers' to get the CVT, but I wonder how it will respond to the usual upgrades, TBE, intake, tune. I like the idea of the adjustability of the shifting (I'm a tech addict) and I enjoy paddle shifters. Plus I sit in crappy traffic more often than not...and lastly...I lean towards lazy.
    haha! I got asked why would I get an auto wrx and I'm like "cuz I'm lazy"
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post

This is hard for some to grasp as the country is so different. I sometimes sit through 40 minutes of stop and go each way during commute on the freeway. Because of this, I haven't had a manual for 5 years..Even now when I want a 2015 STI or WRX (won't be getting CVT), the biggest hurdle is telling myself I can deal with the traffic. In fact, i've been looking for a cheap auto commuter car so I can be realistic with myself that I can take that when I am sick of traffic so I don't start to dislike the manual too soon after I buy one...

I'd imagine the paddles would be a PITA. If they move with the steering wheel, like the few cars with paddles I've driven, when you need to shift while turning the paddles can get confusing.

Should You Buy a Car with a CVT Transmission? Page 2 of 2 AutoGuide.com News

Some of the user reviews makes me not want to get the cvt model wrx lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Why use a "specialized" one? Makes me wonder if the cvt is gonna break.
    Why would you think that? They optimized their existing CVT for more sporty dynamics compared to the CVT in their other cars, ergo it's "specialized". So what? Your logic makes no sense...

I'm sure it's just a remapped version of the CVT in use on the FXT.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by RichD514 View Post
    I'd imagine the paddles would be a PITA. If they move with the steering wheel, like the few cars with paddles I've driven, when you need to shift while turning the paddles can get confusing.
    My 335i has the paddles that stay in place. Sometimes in the middle of a turn, I have to shift using the shifter on the drive/park stalk since my hands on the wheel are nowhwere near the paddles and it is easier to go to the stalk as it has up and down shift. The paddles, with up one side, and down on th other, are a PITA when you are in the middle of turn..

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Why would you think that? They optimized their existing CVT for more sporty dynamics compared to the CVT in their other cars, ergo it's "specialized". So what? Your logic makes no sense...

I'm sure it's just a remapped version of the CVT in use on the FXT.
    so the "specialized" one is the one that comes with the wrx? o.O

I Support ClubWRX
    so the "specialized" one is the one that comes with the wrx? o.O
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Why does Nathan from The Fast Lane Car say at the end of his video review that they are expecting to have the STI out 1 year after the WRX?

I Support ClubWRX
    I've driven manuals in crappy traffic for over 30 years. My current WRX has a beefed-up clutch that's surely stiffer than most, and I drive it in stop-and-go traffic without really noticing. Is it a fitness thing? Are we becoming a bit "dainty" as a society?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Yeah that helps

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I've driven manuals in crappy traffic for over 30 years. My current WRX has a beefed-up clutch that's surely stiffer than most, and I drive it in stop-and-go traffic without really noticing. Is it a fitness thing? Are we becoming a bit "dainty" as a society?
    Not sure what exactly. Perhaps at almost 40 I'm sick of traffic after driving in it for 20 years. It's not a fitness issue, at least for me, as I get plenty of that in everyday. It doesn't help that my current transport delivers crazy torque in any gear and almost any RPM. Sticks are awesome cars, and tons of fun on the open road, or in a canyon, etc. Even general driving in town is more enjoyable. I think perhaps you are one of the few who enjoys one in traffic that I know of.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.