The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 28
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 213 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Every car has body roll... I doubt they meant the car is on blocks and doesnt give any, but im ...

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Every car has body roll... I doubt they meant the car is on blocks and doesnt give any, but im sure there is considerably less roll with springs being so much stiffer, both front and rear. Think about this: Youre jumping on a trampoline. it gives when you come back down, to give you spring for when you go back up. if it didnt, youd crumble, like landing on concrete after a 10' drop. Apply this idea horizontally, not vertically. no body roll and the WHOLE car would roll left if you're turning right, and right if turning left. the body roll is acting in the same sense as your trampoline, having some "give" so you dont "crumble" or flip the whole car in this case. correct?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hogdweeb View Post
    Every car has body roll... I doubt they meant the car is on blocks and doesnt give any, but im sure there is considerably less roll with springs being so much stiffer, both front and rear. Think about this: Youre jumping on a trampoline. it gives when you come back down, to give you spring for when you go back up. if it didnt, youd crumble, like landing on concrete after a 10' drop. Apply this idea horizontally, not vertically. no body roll and the WHOLE car would roll left if you're turning right, and right if turning left. the body roll is acting in the same sense as your trampoline, having some "give" so you dont "crumble" or flip the whole car in this case. correct?
    Ahh gotcha, plus nothing sway bars can't fix
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

Ahh gotcha, plus nothing sway bars can't fix
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

pvc
    Video of 0-60 with the 2015 WRX:

I thought CVT's didn't like torque.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    3300lbs though? That wrx needs to go on a diet
    It's not hugely heavier than the outgoing model, depending on what weight numbers you look at.

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    I thought CVT's didn't like torque.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.
    A review I saw said that they put a specialized CVT in.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

pvc
    Another video review:

I Support ClubWRX
    I will watch ALL the reviews!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    that exhaust. giggety...
    those tires? need to go... a lot of cabin noise...

that exhaust. giggety...
    those tires? need to go... a lot of cabin noise...
    So what if it has "alot of cabin noise" it's a wrx not a Mercedes

no more boxer rumble

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    It's not hugely heavier than the outgoing model, depending on what weight numbers you look at.

A review I saw said that they put a specialized CVT in.
    So not stock cvt? Hmm there goes all credibility.

I Support ClubWRX
    I wish I get one of these with the practicality of the Outback. BRING BACK THE LGT WAGON!!!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    So not stock cvt? Hmm there goes all credibility.
    Wut?
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wut?
    Why use a "specialized" one? Makes me wonder if the cvt is gonna break.

I Support ClubWRX
    So what if it has "alot of cabin noise" it's a wrx not a Mercedes
    Agreed. Sound deadening=extra weight in my enthusiast car. Good thing my bugeye doesn't have any.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.