The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 27
Page 27 of 209 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777127 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I don't necessarily love my 3rd Gen, I'm just not impressed with this new WRX, though I'm curious to see ...

I don't necessarily love my 3rd Gen, I'm just not impressed with this new WRX, though I'm curious to see how it responds to added power. Could be the deciding factor on a trade for me.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm really anxious for someone here, who's owned a GD, (or even a newer model) to get one and give us an honest comparo. I'm sure that there will be lots of niceness to the new model..I think a lot of us will forever lament the loss of the "rawness" that went with the 2002-2007 cars. And if that's what the majority of the world really wanted, I'm sure that Subaru would have kept building them. Alas...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    Let's be real..
    This WRX, like all WRX's, is NOT an STI. Sure, it may have a new 6 Speed, but it'll probably break just like the 5 Speed. Also, less displacement isn't necessarily better. The current generation outperforms this new model in a straight line. Suspension mods can be had to keep up with it in the corners, but let's be honest, most owners won't take their cars to the track.
    Not trying to justify owning a 3rd Gen either, cause if the new STI is anything I hope it will be, I'll trade up.

I get what you're saying but using your "let's be real" logic... The only known measurement the current model will NOT be out performed in coming model, is "straight line 0-60". We all know that while that does seem to be a often used bench mark it is a very very narrow, marginally predictive standard to measure "performance". Most people don't run around doing 0-60 in a straight line all day. More importantly if 0-60 in a straight line is terribly important to the driver there are many far better choices than a Subaru to begin with anyway.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    I get what you're saying but using your "let's be real" logic... The only known measurement the current model will NOT be out performed in coming model, is "straight line 0-60". We all know that while that does seem to be a often used bench mark it is a very very narrow, marginally predictive standard to measure "performance". Most people don't run around doing 0-60 in a straight line all day. More importantly if 0-60 in a straight line is terribly important to the driver there are many far better choices than a Subaru to begin with anyway.
    You got me there. I'll admit it.
    Once they release STI information, I'll probably shut up. Until then, I'll keep whining. Looking forward to a test drive next year though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm really anxious for someone here, who's owned a GD, (or even a newer model) to get one and give us an honest comparo. I'm sure that there will be lots of niceness to the new model..I think a lot of us will forever lament the loss of the "rawness" that went with the 2002-2007 cars. And if that's what the majority of the world really wanted, I'm sure that Subaru would have kept building them. Alas...
    I am terrible at reviews but, I'll give it a shot.

I do plan on getting one eventually. Maybe not right when they first go on sale though.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just my 2 cents, but 0-60 is the silliest performance measure ever, at least if you're using it to decide on which car to buy. Blinker Fluid consumption/mile is ever so much better.

seriously speaking though, quarter mile trap speed ftw...somewhat relevant to real-world acceleration, and de-emphasizes the "drop-clutch-kill-the-tranny" approach to getting that 4 second 0-60 time.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Numbers are in. Much better in the handling tests and worse in acceleration.

2015 Subaru WRX First Test - Motor Trend
    Last edited by kritzell; 12-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    First video review
    Let's see:
    *Glowing handling reviews
    *Better lateral grip than an EVO
    *Built-in factory launch control
    *Excellent reviews on the CVTs
    *Even better reviews on the 6-speed
    *Finally have ELH
    *Fantastic seats

Subaru just can't seem to lose lately. The BRZ was released to glowing reviews, consumer sites are gushing over the practical new Forester, and now it seems they done it again on the new WRX. It's interesting to me that variants of the FA engine is common to all of these cars, too. Subaru will sell a ****-ton of these.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

The CVT sure is getting good reviews.

That review was great, if it's everything that the guy says it is then I'm sold. Although 0-60 in 6 secs is weak, I was expecting mid to high 4's
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    160 on the speedometer... seems high for a WRX, considering for the last how many years has it been 140? Granted, newest latest and greatest to the lineup...however, it makes me wonder if i'll "want" or "need" an STi....

Sharp looking in blue, and I would love to play with some of the EVO's around me in it....

3300lbs though? That wrx needs to go on a diet
    If you're upset over someone elses opinions then the issue isn't with the person giving the opinion but rather yourself for taking it personal.

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Justanothername View Post
    3300lbs though? That wrx needs to go on a diet
    Nonsense poopy pants! just means we get to enjoy putting her on one...

Im' not all concerned that with weight. Yes, I would like a "lighter" car, then again, with the lat. G's being competitive with the EVO's, im not complaining much. Some sway bars, drop it an inch, intake, TBE and a good quality tune you probably wont notice it much.

I Support ClubWRX
    3300lbs is reasonable when you start comparing to most modern sports sedans, and even sports cars like the Vette or 911.
    OTOH, owning a lighter car has been an eye-opener.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I call BS on the "This car has no body roll"