The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 22
Page 22 of 203 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272122 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Rambo Video interview with some more WRX details: A closer look at the 2015 Subaru WRX - ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Video interview with some more WRX details:

A closer look at the 2015 Subaru WRX - Autoblog

It will be released to the public in April, but we'll start seeing media tests in December.
    Here's a big one:The 2015 WRX has 5x114.5 hubs! STI wheels are go!
    Nice!! this opens so many awesome wheel options.

Hyper Black NT03+M's!!!!!!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like it, wish it was more aggressive looking but I'll have to see it in person.

Actually... Subaru has a recent history of introducing only one body style and then adding the other within a fairly short amount of time. 2008 STI anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Actually... Subaru has a recent history of introducing only one body style and then adding the other within a fairly short amount of time. 2008 STI anyone?
    That's one thing that bothers me, having bought an '08 WRX and seeing the things I didn't like about it corrected in the 09. There will always be improvements down the road, so for me I'll have to really make sure I like it before going with a 1st gen model change again.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Put me down as unimpressed. I'm hoping that once this gets onto the road it is more impressive to me than what is on paper, but I was really expecting something more impressive. By trying to separate from the Impreza line this was a chance to make a statement, and it just isn't being made. Yes there are some improvements that we have been looking for, but the package is too clearly intended for sales and not for fans. I get the business case, but the WRX has never been a business car - it is a branding car.

I also am a huge hatchback fan, and the lack of a 5-door model or any hint that one is coming is killing me. As of now there is nothing about the new car that makes me want to buy it. I am hoping the STI comes out and blows me away - and offers a 5-door.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    That's one thing that bothers me, having bought an '08 WRX and seeing the things I didn't like about it corrected in the 09. There will always be improvements down the road, so for me I'll have to really make sure I like it before going with a 1st gen model change again.
    That's the truth. The 08s were bad, then in 09 they made good improvements, and by 11 they finally made it a car worth lusting for. If that tells us anything then it may be another three years before this new model is worth looking at. I'm just hopeful that my '11 keeps me happy until then. I WANT to stick with the brand ... but right now there is not an incentive to do so.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP OTS Stage 1 93, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Thinking I'm the only one that prefers a five speed to a six speed. Plenty useful for daily driving, and better suited for the occasional red light race or highway pull.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk.

I don't think it's really the number of gears that matter in this case, but merely that the 5-speed in the wrx isn't really a good transmission. It's a weak and balky design that originated in the 80s, so I hear (correct me if I'm wrong). The STI 6 speed is pretty decent though so we hope the one in the new WRX is as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    Thinking I'm the only one that prefers a five speed to a six speed. Plenty useful for daily driving, and better suited for the occasional red light race or highway pull.

Keith
    79 Porsche 930
    07 Subaru WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Yargk View Post
    I don't think it's really the number of gears that matter in this case, but merely that the 5-speed in the wrx isn't really a good transmission. It's a weak and balky design that originated in the 80s, so I hear (correct me if I'm wrong). The STI 6 speed is pretty decent though so we hope the one in the new WRX is as well.
    Number of gears matter, resulting in a quicker 0-60 time due to less shifting. One of my buddies STI's drives me crazy cause of how often you end up shifting gears. It's smooth as silk though. Apparently the new six speed used in the WRX is just as bad, if not worse, than the five speed. Nowhere near the quality or feel of the STI's. Think they put it in just to shut everyone up.

I'm not some WRX Fanboy either, cause depending on how sweet the new STI turns out, I may just switch it up. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stilletto View Post
    Apparently the new six speed used in the WRX is just as bad, if not worse, than the five speed. Nowhere near the quality or feel of the STI's. Think they put it in just to shut everyone up.

How do you know, no one has driven it, right?
    Keith
    79 Porsche 930
    07 Subaru WRX Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Yargk View Post
    How do you know, no one has driven it, right?
    Guess it's the same transmission out of the JDM Forrester, which a couple members on IWSTI have driven.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRex View Post
    I also am a huge hatchback fan, and the lack of a 5-door model or any hint that one is coming is killing me.
    My thoughts are that the Impreza will become a sedan only model with the Levorg filling the hatch gap within a year. That model looks like a WRX wagon to me and ready to release to market. I am differentiating between a wagon and a hatch, where a wagon is longer (think '08+ as a hatch and previous models as wagons).

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    My thoughts are that the Impreza will become a sedan only model with the Levorg filling the hatch gap within a year. That model looks like a WRX wagon to me and ready to release to market. I am differentiating between a wagon and a hatch, where a wagon is longer (think '08+ as a hatch and previous models as wagons).
    Subaru have said the Levorg is a Japan only model.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 (typo, schmypo)
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I'm on the fence about how the car looks but I have always wanted a WRX since they came stateside because of how they perform. I still view my 13 hatch as the only car that you can buy in the states with a manual, turbo, awe and a hatch. I love the way it drives and as long as Subaru offers hatch down the line I would have no problems buying one that looks like this one. That interior looks like a huge improvement, and I'm really looking forward to reading about how the car actually drives.

They could have made it closer to the concept to appease the enthusiast market, but Subaru wants to sell more cars, and if they're going to offer a WRX, then they want to sell more of those too. Toned down styling and all the upgrades should be more than enough to accomplish that.

Personally, I think they could have made it more aggressive looking for the fans and brought over the Exige so that Subaru could cover that loss in projected sales while simultaneously laying waste to the minivan market, but that's just me.

But I still like the 2015 a lot.