The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 210
Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200201202203204205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3156

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Subaru WRX hatchback mule spotted - Autoblog...

I Support ClubWRX
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Noooooo, more mule pictures

Inb4 - That thing is hideous, Subaru really screwed this up.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

OMG, the colors don't even match! It looks like they just slapped the bumper on, I can't believe Subaru would release such shoddy work!

As an aside, I wonder what this mule is really for. I would think the Levorg proved that the R&D for a WRX hatch is basically done. Just test out the US-spec FA engine with the hatchback unibody for emissions purposes, swap in the 6-speed manual, do some torture testing and benchmarking against the sedan, and boom: WRX hatch.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post

It's appropriately hideous as are all new Subarus that we all eventually pine for. If they build it, I will buy it. I'm sure it'll be a somewhat different body since this is disguised to some extent. Anyway, I have until about Oct/Nov 2015 to make up my mind. Come on Subaru, don't let me down.

At second glance, no intercooler? Therefore no turbo?

Looks electric, no exhaust.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

Warranty friendly mods for now-
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    OMG, the colors don't even match! It looks like they just slapped the bumper on, I can't believe Subaru would release such shoddy work!

As an aside, I wonder what this mule is really for. I would think the Levorg proved that the R&D for a WRX hatch is basically done. Just test out the US-spec FA engine with the hatchback unibody for emissions purposes, swap in the 6-speed manual, do some torture testing and benchmarking against the sedan, and boom: WRX hatch.
    Agreed! Subaru should hire you!

I will say that I don't really like the idea of a WRX wagon like this though. With how big the car has already gotten a wagon version like the Levorg is just a boat. I know people crave a 5 door option, just don't think the wagon style is the best fit for performance.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Wait, you mean you can't get eyesight in the sti? Isn't that what the "I" stands for? Just give me your money already. All true J. Also there is a huge amount of turnover in the car business what with guys not hacking it, deciding it's just not for them with the late hours, weekends, holidays, high stress etc. so the odds of dealing with a new guy who hasn't developed sufficient product knowledge are pretty high when walking into most dealerships.
    100% true.

Recently, I actually encountered this dealing with another dealership in NJ trying to locate a car.

I was told the CVT wasn't out yet.

I told them I drove one back in March.

They said you're an idiot for not buying it then.

That ceased my correspondence with this dealer.

After talking with you several times, I will not buy this car from anyone but you.

Sucks I have to wait for the car to me more "available" though!

I Support ClubWRX
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    I still have my stock exhaust on and waiting for the new one.
    On my way home from work, I went from 1st to 2nd gear. Stepped on the gas, for a moment forward acceleration sort of stopped and my exhaust crackled. I've never had a car do that before. I mean, it sounded cool, but didn't know if this has happened to anyone else with a completely stock 2015? I assume this isn't a bad sign? I've read crackle from exhaust is from unburnt fuel?
    (oh, and this was with me at 100% throttle in 2nd gear not even close to redline when it stopped forward acceleration and crackled)
    the crackles and gurgles were more noticeable on the nameless exhaust and less noticeable on my current invidia exhaust. what exhaust are you planning on going with?

Anyone have an opinion on when is a good time to install the Mishimoto intake, during or after break in?
    2015 Subaru WRX Base CWP (she is here and she is fun!)
    2004 Acura RSX Type S (Probably put way to much money into this)

Car and Driver says this is more than likely the 2016 Impreza being tested. Besides, Subaru already said the next impreza will take styling from WRX concept lines, so in a few years we will see the new impreza. Not uncommon for automakers to use body pieces off of existing models to test a new vehicle. Doesn't mean a wrx hatch is in the works. Look at Maserati's upcoming SUV testing. The body is of the sedan Maserati which we all know won't be the real body pieces of the SUV.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    the crackles and gurgles were more noticeable on the nameless exhaust and less noticeable on my current invidia exhaust. what exhaust are you planning on going with?
    I'm going with the Cat-back nameless 3" tips muffler delete.
    I like the sounds and all. Just wanted to make sure my car wasn't messed up or breaking!

Quote Originally Posted by Raginrok View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on when is a good time to install the Mishimoto intake, during or after break in?
    So I just got done with this install of my Mishimoto intake. I think I need to go back in and adjust a few things but its in the car and working nicely. Not sure about power honestly, need to get on a dyno once I have completed break-in. 600 miles on the car currently. Boost pressure is up (I live at 6000+ ft above sea level) so that is nice and there is a little less drop in psi in the upper range (although it still sinks to about 10-12 psi above 6k rpm). I talked to the Tech at Subaru who told me to drive it like I stole it and he also recommended at low speeds shifting a lot between 1st and 2nd and 2nd and 3rd to get rid of some of the extra notchyness that 2nd gears seem to have in the new 6spd. I haven't had any issues with 2nd gear like some people and the 2nd t 3rd is smooth (not Honda smooth but not like shifting through a bag of gravel either). I have my AP sitting in my car just waiting on the A-pillar mount then going to wait to go get a tune done at Revolutions Performance here in Colorado Springs.
    2015 Subaru WRX Base CWP (she is here and she is fun!)
    2004 Acura RSX Type S (Probably put way to much money into this)

I just purchased an Apexi performance airfilter to drop in and was told by a friend that it will void my extended warranty with SOA! Seriously!? Is there any truth to this?