The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 209
+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 213 FirstFirst ... 109159199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3192

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got an 11 but mine tends to do it after it rains or in the morning with the dew. ...

I've got an 11 but mine tends to do it after it rains or in the morning with the dew. Annoying but once it warms up it stops

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dtraill27 View Post
    I've got an 11 but mine tends to do it after it rains or in the morning with the dew. Annoying but once it warms up it stops
    Ok, that's exactly what I noticed with my new '15. It had rained the night before and the humidity was still high in the morning. It did go away after the engine had a chance to warm up. Curious as to why others haven't heard it and some have. Thanks for the feedback!

I Support ClubWRX
    Some eye candy for the day. Got it detailed and opti-coated.

Last edited by gizmo0034; 08-20-2014 at 01:13 PM.

I'm sure plenty of you already are familiar with the way this car drives as this is the OFFICIAL '15 thread but I wanted to mention that I finally got to drive a '15 manual (in sexy GBP!) this weekend. One of my bud's has had one for about a month now and he let me take it out briefly Sunday night.

I was extremely impressed with power delivery and handling. Did a 2-3 and a 1-2-3 gear pull and also got a decent corner in on an empty street. All in all it feels so much smoother and more refined than my '13 and I was giggling like a school boy the next morning from how fun it had been! Not trading in my '13 but definitely exceedingly impressed with the '15. Lots of fun.

Double post.
    Last edited by Zataks; 08-21-2014 at 11:46 AM.

I am officially less than two weeks out from when mine gets here! very excited. If I can sell my last motorcycle I can buy the car outright and won't have a payment!

After reading through this thread for however long it's been going, one thing is for sure.
    I STILL have no idea which color to get. I've never had a car with any real color. They have all been black, grey, silver or white. So I thought WRB w/ white wheels...go bold. Then I decided I wanted my 2008 WRX color...DGM again. Then I thought...maybe white w/ bronze wheels. Now I really like Gizmo's GBP w/ grey wheels. I have about a year to decide still. Keep the pics coming! Eventually I'll make up my mind.
    (white G37 right now)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    After reading through this thread for however long it's been going, one thing is for sure.
    I STILL have no idea which color to get. I've never had a car with any real color. They have all been black, grey, silver or white. So I thought WRB w/ white wheels...go bold. Then I decided I wanted my 2008 WRX color...DGM again. Then I thought...maybe white w/ bronze wheels. Now I really like Gizmo's GBP w/ grey wheels. I have about a year to decide still. Keep the pics coming! Eventually I'll make up my mind.
    (white G37 right now)
    I have yet to see a 2015 with an OEM color I didn't like. Personally, I love the WRB and Galaxy Blue the most. WRB seems it would be easier to keep clean looking though so that's what made my decision.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    GRB is impossible to keep clean. One day after my opti-coat and I have rain drop marks on it again. It's days like these where I miss owning a white car.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    GRB is impossible to keep clean. One day after my opti-coat and I have rain drop marks on it again. It's days like these where I miss owning a white car.
    I'm enjoying white right now except for two things I'm noticing. One: Tar looks worse than usual. Living in Michigan with these garbage band-aid road repairs, it's impossible to avoid the tar and patch work. Two: The tiny little orange specs on the paint during the rough winter months. I have to clay bar them away and they always come back. Infiniti paint sucks worse than Subaru's so that could be part of it. I found the DGM was pretty easy to maintain overall. Sometimes I even like the idea of red, but I don't want to stand out TOO much.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo0034 View Post
    Some eye candy for the day. Got it detailed and opti-coated.
    That color is gorgeous.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Question folks. Has anyone installed Hella Supertones in their 2015 WRX. Do you need to purchase the mounting bracket and harness as well? Thanks in advance!
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

Gizmo, Didn't know you got an exhaust. Looks pretty awesome I ordered a nameless, muffler delete catback and am waiting for it to come in.

Guess everyone saw that Japan unveiled the WRX S4 and WRX STI Type S in japan.
    WRX S4 has 296hp/ 295lb-ft of torque!
    WRX STI type S has 305hp/ 311lb-ft of torque.

Subaru Puts New WRX S4 and WRX STI Type S on Sale in Japan – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Gizmo, Didn't know you got an exhaust. Looks pretty awesome I ordered a nameless, muffler delete catback and am waiting for it to come in.
    this is exhaust number two for me. first one was a muffled nameless axleback. corsa will be next up if they ever get around to making one.

I still have my stock exhaust on and waiting for the new one.
    On my way home from work, I went from 1st to 2nd gear. Stepped on the gas, for a moment forward acceleration sort of stopped and my exhaust crackled. I've never had a car do that before. I mean, it sounded cool, but didn't know if this has happened to anyone else with a completely stock 2015? I assume this isn't a bad sign? I've read crackle from exhaust is from unburnt fuel?
    (oh, and this was with me at 100% throttle in 2nd gear not even close to redline when it stopped forward acceleration and crackled)
    Last edited by JoshC; 09-01-2014 at 08:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.