The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 207
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up my base GBP. Would appreciate any tips on keeping speed / rpm under certain limits for initial ...

Just picked up my base GBP.
    Would appreciate any tips on keeping speed / rpm under certain limits for initial miles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    Yes. That is a very common occurrence generally. People tend to know more about what they are passionate about /interested in. Intuitively, professional sales people are most interested in /passionate about "sales". That means product knowledge is merely a means to an end. So they will practically always significantly lag those of us who are passionate about the actual cars themselves.
    Wait, you mean you can't get eyesight in the sti? Isn't that what the "I" stands for? Just give me your money already. All true J. Also there is a huge amount of turnover in the car business what with guys not hacking it, deciding it's just not for them with the late hours, weekends, holidays, high stress etc. so the odds of dealing with a new guy who hasn't developed sufficient product knowledge are pretty high when walking into most dealerships.
    Last edited by rexxx0486; 08-02-2014 at 08:02 PM.
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    Just picked up my base GBP.
    Would appreciate any tips on keeping speed / rpm under certain limits for initial miles.

Try getting used to the sound of the RPMs and shift at what your ears think is 3500. If you go a little bit over once or twice your car is not going to blow up. I've had customers redline off the lot and bring it back with 100k on it running great. I do not in any way recommend that of course; the engineers at subaru do things for a reason. Just do your level best to do it right and have patience,. Also, let it warm up, that is probably the most overlooked thing for break in. Congratulations on your new wrx, I can see from your level of concern that your car is lucky to have you!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Quote Originally Posted by rexxx0486 View Post
    Try getting used to the sound of the RPMs and shift at what your ears think is 3500. If you go a little bit over once or twice your car is not going to blow up. I've had customers redline off the lot and bring it back with 100k on it running great. I do not in any way recommend that of course; the engineers at subaru do things for a reason. Just do your level best to do it right and have patience,. Also, let it warm up, that is probably the most overlooked thing for break in. Congratulations on your new wrx, I can see from your level of concern that your car is lucky to have you!
    Thanks a lot.

has anyone else noticed any problems not fully boosting?...it could be just me, I came from owning a 400hp hemi prior...I feel like when I mash it the turbo boosts and then falls off hard...maybe its just me but it feels like my car is getting slower everyday....

Quote Originally Posted by dandankler View Post
    has anyone else noticed any problems not fully boosting?...it could be just me, I came from owning a 400hp hemi prior...I feel like when I mash it the turbo boosts and then falls off hard...maybe its just me but it feels like my car is getting slower everyday....
    It starts to fell slower as you get used to it. There is nothing like a tune to get it running better though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dandankler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    It starts to fell slower as you get used to it. There is nothing like a tune to get it running better though.
    ^^this is a common occurence. Especially if you are used to a car with large displacement motor. Which (as Raven eluded to) is one of the reasons why many folks eventually end up do some mods.. at least a tune. The truth is there are significant trade offs whether your driving a big v8 or turbo boxer 4 cylinder. But you really do have to internalize and accept though that it will never.....ever... ever feel like a big V8. It just won't.

I traded my (stage2) 2004 STi in for a Charger SRT8. So I can appreciate the differences. The SRT8 was was quite nice and the torque curve was something Subarus only dream about lol. However, eventually I came to realize that it just wasn't as fun to drive as my STi was (especially when it came to anything other than clean dry pavement and going in straight lines...). Sure with the scooby you have to be always aware of where you are in the power band.. and thats sucks when you are not used to having to do that... but when you take all things into account I find the WRX and STi far more fun to drive than the big hemi powered cars. Not that the big Hemis aren't fun and nice in their own way. It's just quite a different experience. If you don't appreciate more the advantages offered by the Subaru, you will never get over the difference. I obviously do which is why I am back in an STi.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Since I've gotten my WRX, I've had two instances where a car just started to come over on me into my lane. Both times I've honked the horn with no result. Usually people would jerk back into their lane, but since I've gotten this car they just keep on coming over like they don't mind that I'm honking and in the spot they are coming into.
    I can understand people not really paying attention and all, but maybe the horn isn't loud enough?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    Since I've gotten my WRX, I've had two instances where a car just started to come over on me into my lane. Both times I've honked the horn with no result. Usually people would jerk back into their lane, but since I've gotten this car they just keep on coming over like they don't mind that I'm honking and in the spot they are coming into.
    I can understand people not really paying attention and all, but maybe the horn isn't loud enough?
    This is why you see so many WRX's with Hella SuperTones installed. Our horns are pitiful.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    This is why you see so many WRX's with Hella SuperTones installed. Our horns are pitiful.
    I thought it was because people like the look of them through the grillz homie g dawg.

^^this is a common occurence. Especially if you are used to a car with large displacement motor. Which (as Raven eluded to) is one of the reasons why many folks eventually end up do some mods.. at least a tune. The truth is there are significant trade offs whether your driving a big v8 or turbo boxer 4 cylinder. But you really do have to internalize and accept though that it will never.....ever... ever feel like a big V8. It just won't.

I traded my (stage2) 2004 STi in for a Charger SRT8. So I can appreciate the differences. The SRT8 was was quite nice and the torque curve was something Subarus only dream about lol. However, eventually I came to realize that it just wasn't as fun to drive as my STi was (especially when it came to anything other than clean dry pavement and going in straight lines...). Sure with the scooby you have to be always aware of where you are in the power band.. and thats sucks when you are not used to having to do that... but when you take all things into account I find the WRX and STi far more fun to drive than the big hemi powered cars. Not that the big Hemis aren't fun and nice in their own way. It's just quite a different experience. If you don't appreciate more the advantages offered by the Subaru, you will never get over the difference. I obviously do which is why I am back in an STi.
    Thanks for sharing this man. I definitely agree.

My WRX is my first 4 cylinder I've owned. Before that I had a 96 Z28, and an 02 Mustang GT.

Definitely some areas to get used to, but to be honest, I think the WRX is faster than my previous cars. The fun to drive part is just off the charts. Handling is even better! This is the best handling car I've ever owned or driven!

I'm not a good enough driver to get it to its limits but wow, its just a blast to be in!

Thanks for sharing this man. I definitely agree.

The WRX is my first 4 cylinder I've owned. Before that I had a 96 Z28, and an 02 Mustang GT.

Definitely some areas to get used to, but to be honest, I think the WRX is faster than my previous cars. The fun to drive part is just off the charts. Handling is even better! This is the best handling car I've ever owned or driven!

It takes some getting used to for the difference in torque. With my Z28 the torque was at a much lower RPM and a 2nd gear start wasn't really an issue.

But I think with the gearing of the WRX, it takes off easily also. I did a 2nd gear takeoff in it the other day and it did fine also.

I'm not a good enough driver to get it to its limits but wow, its just a blast to be in!

A Charger SRT 8 was on my list of possible options when I was looking for the next purchase. Been wanting one of those for a while, but the WRX I've been wanting to own since high school.

Quote Originally Posted by mrd View Post
    I picked up my red STi yesterday. It came 25 days earlier.
    Attachment 156121
    Subaru using US front plate holes now an not the square Japanese ones?
    2013 Black STi Limited sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saw these pictures on FB and figured I'd share here. This makes the headlights look even better! I'd b too scared to bake them but, man it's worth it.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Saw these pictures on FB and figured I'd share here. This makes the headlights look even better! I'd b too scared to bake them but, man it's worth it.

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.