The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 196

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Colon_Polyp Thanks for putting my mind at ease a bit, 96accord I was almost having an anxiety ...

Quote Originally Posted by Colon_Polyp View Post
    Thanks for putting my mind at ease a bit, 96accord I was almost having an anxiety attack from what Rex was telling me. This past Monday, I called the dealership and spoke with the manager about it and he looked up the order I placed on April 12 and gave me a VON! He told me that the salesman shouldn't have told me to expect it now and that he showed it arriving on or around July 7th. That would put it within the 12 weeks just as you said. Fingers crossed!
    no problem. that's what we are here for. help each other out.

Everyone hears different timelines but it seems 3 months is becoming the timeframe to get a WRX if you ordered. only time I've seen it quicker is if you ordered a Premium or Base and the dealership you ordered from gets one in their allotment before yours is due to arrive.
    Quote Originally Posted by clamsjager View Post
    Ordered a wrx limited with navigation, push start, homelink, and sti short shifter in DGM on may 21st got a call today it will arrive in port on July 14.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    that's a very quick arrival. that's not even 2 months (8 weeks). you lucked out. did they give you a VIN yet?

edit: you said port on July 14th then figure another 1-2 weeks to get to dealership so that's about 8 weeks. not bad.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have a vin and boat it's on. Sentosa leader.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What do you guys think about those? I'm thinking to get them as my winter wheels.

2005 Subaru Impreza WRX Sti - SOLD
    2000 PY Acura Integra Type R 59k miles - EX track warrior/weekend car
    2012 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback - SOLD
    2013 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback #2 - SOLD
    2015 WRB Subaru WRX - purchased on 5-06-2014
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I Support ClubWRX
    If those for I think they would be awesome winter wheels

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by 00TypeR1071 View Post
    What do you guys think about those? I'm thinking to get them as my winter wheels.

My 2c...

They are not my style. When you say you want them for winters it makes me think that you are thinking "it's winter, doesn't matter if I like them too much or not". It's only a "yes" if you actually like them.

I am also not a fan of going with a smaller wheel size than OEM. They will give you better traction on snow, but for a lot of the time you will be compromising the performance of your car. Personally I find that winter tires alone feel like a compromise when the conditions are not bad, and adding larger sidewalls and potentially a smaller width are just going to make that worse. I would only use a narrow width if I was driving in snow for most of the winter or if I were racing on it.

Am I correct in thinking that WRX's are notorious for burning oil? My '08 certainly got through a lot of the stuff. How are you guys with the '15 faring with this? I bought a ton of spare oil and haven't lost a drop yet (2000 miles). I am sure I will now that I have said that out aloud, LOL.

And while I am here, does anyone know if the coolant in a new car dropping to the minimum level after 2000 miles is normal? Before anyone says this should be in the maintenance forum, I would add that it shouldn't even be on ClubWRX... it's for the Forester

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    My 2c...

They are not my style. When you say you want them for winters it makes me think that you are thinking "it's winter, doesn't matter if I like them too much or not". It's only a "yes" if you actually like them.

I am also not a fan of going with a smaller wheel size than OEM. They will give you better traction on snow, but for a lot of the time you will be compromising the performance of your car. Personally I find that winter tires alone feel like a compromise when the conditions are not bad, and adding larger sidewalls and potentially a smaller width are just going to make that worse. I would only use a narrow width if I was driving in snow for most of the winter or if I were racing on it.
    I have been using 16x7.5 wheels for the past two winters and they have been perfect but since the 2015 has a new lug pattern I need to get a new set and I do really like how the Sparco ones look.
    I already have a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks 215/55/16 with less then 4k miles so getting just new rims is the economical route.
    Last edited by 00TypeR1071; 06-14-2014 at 11:39 AM.
    "The Spartans do not ask how many are the enemy, but where are they." - Plutarch

I have been using 16x7.5 wheels for the past two winters and they have been perfect but since the 2015 has a new lug pattern I need to get a new set and I do really like how the Sparco ones look.
    I already have a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks 215/55/16 with less then 4k miles so getting just new rims is the economical route.
    Like I said, just my 2c

Try places like Kijiji and Craigslist as well - if you are patient, and you have some time before winter, then you should find a good deal before winter. Correct me if I am wrong, but are Sparco not made by Oz? There are something about my Oz wheels which make them appear to be a better quality than the stock Enkei's. I think the white of those Sparco's will go well on WRB as well, even if it's not my style... coming from a guy who bought a set of gold rims even though he was laughing at himself at the time!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Am I correct in thinking that WRX's are notorious for burning oil? My '08 certainly got through a lot of the stuff. How are you guys with the '15 faring with this? I bought a ton of spare oil and haven't lost a drop yet (2000 miles). I am sure I will now that I have said that out aloud, LOL.

And while I am here, does anyone know if the coolant in a new car dropping to the minimum level after 2000 miles is normal? Before anyone says this should be in the maintenance forum, I would add that it shouldn't even be on ClubWRX... it's for the Forester
    My 03 wagon never used a drop of oil,and so far neither has the '15.I'm at 1650 miles.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah my 2003 never burned any oil.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

My 2c...

I agree. I ran 205 50 17 general altimax and the car was pretty unstable. I think the only reason why people go with smaller wheel diameters is for the price. It's winter, you need something so you can get around without racing around but once you hit dry pavement it's harder to control (compared to summers)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't think the 16 inch wheels will clear the brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by jrw114 View Post
    I don't think the 16 inch wheels will clear the brakes.
    Yeap, you are correct sir. I just realized that last night when I took a look at the front calipers. 17" it is then.

I think I will get 17" in the same design but I'm not sure why tirerack doesn't show that they would fit, and yes I did check under older STI...

Size: 17x7.5
    Offset: 45mm
    Backspacing: 6.02"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-114
    Rec. Tire Size: 215/45-17

Check under 2015 STI:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	153297

Yeap, you are correct sir. I just realized that last night when I took a look at the front calipers. 17" it is then.

I think I will get 17" in the same design but I'm not sure why tirerack doesn't show that they would fit, and yes I did check under older STI...

Size: 17x7.5
    Offset: 45mm
    Backspacing: 6.02"
    Bolt Pattern: 5-114
    Rec. Tire Size: 215/45-17
    Do you have a STi or a WRX? If I'm not mistaken the brakes on the new WRX are not bigger then the previous gen. I can confirm that 16's do fit over the brakes on older gens.

As for the smaller diameter for winter, I prefer having more sidewall with the potholes/ruff roads during winter.