The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 194

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by hisdigness Ordered WRX Limited ISM with Short Shifter and Auto-dim Mirror on 06/06/14. My delivery eta is ...

Quote Originally Posted by hisdigness View Post
    Ordered WRX Limited ISM with Short Shifter and Auto-dim Mirror on 06/06/14. My delivery eta is the last week of October!!! Bah
    I don't know how you guys wait so patiently. I had to wait about 4-5 weeks and it drove me crazy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Jay, did you get the nudez from Clayton? Free with purchase.
    Well... only the ones I took while I was there. I swear I really thought that Denny's waitress was a chick though.

-The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but have you seen this? Apparently Subaru wants to make the 2016 WRX sexy...I'll believe it when I see it! They need to bring back the hatch while they are at it. This could be good timing for me...

Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I was hoping for 8-12 weeks, but nope! I know my patience will start to wear in like a week! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I don't know how you guys wait so patiently. I had to wait about 4-5 weeks and it drove me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but have you seen this? Apparently Subaru wants to make the 2016 WRX sexy...I'll believe it when I see it! They need to bring back the hatch while they are at it. This could be good timing for me...

Subaru Wants to Make Impreza a Sexy, WRX-y Thing - Motor Trend WOT
    This is the concept the current generation is based off of...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jamie007 View Post
    Apparently Subaru wants to make the 2016 WRX sexy...I'll believe it when I see it!
    There will always be improvements down the road. I don't think I could have kept both my old car and my sanity for two more years, so I'm happy to have "now" over "sexy".

They are talking about the impreza... Of which take away the wrx bulges and you have a sonata

The concept and this generation are closer than people like to admit or notice. Are there definitive difference in certain areas of styling, yes. However the majority of lines and style takes cues from the concept. I think I made a post showing this with two pictures of the cars front ends at roughly the same angle.

Then there's the issue of practicality of how it will fair in the market as a DD. Not to mention regulations and laws requiring certain amounts of viewing angle, height of the vehicle, etc. to deem it "safe" to drive around the public. For instance, most cars can't be as low as they used to out of the factory due to low view clearance and as a result more pedestrians were getting hit because people couldn't see them as easily.

Honestly, I'm more than happy with this generations styling. But who knows, Subaru could impress us with something way cooler next gen. we'll all have to wait and see.
    '15 WRX - Limited - Convenient Vehicle Tourer

The concept and this generation are closer than people like to admit or notice. Are there definitive difference in certain areas of styling, yes. However the majority of lines and style takes cues from the concept. I think I made a post showing this with two pictures of the cars front ends at roughly the same angle.

Then there's the issue of practicality of how it will fair in the market as a DD. Not to mention regulations and laws requiring certain amounts of viewing angle, height of the vehicle, etc. to deem it "safe" to drive around the public. For instance, most cars can't be as low as they used to out of the factory due to low view clearance and as a result more pedestrians were getting hit because people couldn't see them as easily.

Honestly, I'm more than happy with this generations styling. But who knows, Subaru could impress us with something way cooler next gen. we'll all have to wait and see.

I saw someplace the hatch is on the slate for 2017.
    I have been waiting for my 2015 for 8 weeks now and still have an ETA of sometime in the month of July. I have tried being patient but it is not easy.

I saw someplace the hatch is on the slate for 2017.
    I have been waiting for my 2015 for 8 weeks now and still have an ETA of sometime in the month of July. I have tried being patient but it is not easy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post

I remember that post and I agree with it still. The cars are not that far off the concept.

EDIT: Let me see if I can find it.
    Last edited by michaelwfox; 06-10-2014 at 03:17 PM. Reason: words are difficult
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    This was all I could find. I remember more comparison pictures though.

Quote Originally Posted by ByrdBones View Post
    I agree that it is watered down some. However, myself and I think one other person I saw who commented agreed that the production version and concept aren't that far off from each other in some areas. Is it as aggressive as the concept, not quite. But take a look at this front end at least... IMHO a lot of the concept transitioned over to the production model. Keep in mind that the concept photo was taken at a slightly lower angle, showing off the curves by the scoop giving it a bulgier look. Yes it's Silver vs classic WRC blue but I couldn't find a '15 production shot of the front end that had similar showroom lighting to highlight the curves and shadow lines.

Attachment 130193
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    I remember that post and I agree with it still. The cars aren't not that far off the concept.

EDIT: Let me see if I can find it.
    Haha yup, you found it. Nice work!

I got one of these MirrorTap Power Cord with Inline Fuse
    Length (End to End): 15 inches long; Tap Width: .050" for MICRO Harness (2015 Subaru WRX Limited)

I have no idea where the mirror plug is in the dome lights assembly... Can someone assist?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk