The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 190

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ordered my wrx limited DGM with CVT on May 18th. Got the VON the same day stating it would be ...

Ordered my wrx limited DGM with CVT on May 18th. Got the VON the same day stating it would be late September. Called for update last week to see if any changes to schedule but nothing yet. Ugh, the wait is killing me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    ^ This. I keep using the camera to take aim at my cat, but so far I haven't been able to get him. I'll just have to wait for an opportunity when he's in front of the car so that I can try to predict his movements better.
    Hahah! so that's what it's used for

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post
    What was the timeline they told you?
    8-12 weeks. Possibly earlier but that was there timeline.

I ordered a WRB Limited with NAV/HK/Push Button and a few other things. Original ETA was "End of September". About a week later that was changed to "August". About a week after that it was changed to "July". That's where I stand now. I'm only four weeks since order day. I'll take a July delivery all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post
    Anyone order their WRX Limited recently? How long did they tell you? and how long before you got it if you have already?
    Placed my order for a limited on March 12th, picked it up from the dealer April 30th. So that's... 49 days or so.
    '15 WRX - Limited - Convenient Vehicle Tourer

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    It's be pretty stupid to just rely in the backup camera anyway. You should still look around for proximity and use you mirrors. Backup cameras are more or less for proximity and not a means of reliance. That comes from you being aware of your surroundings

Did someone actually say they ONLY use their camera when backing up? I must have missed that.

That's what it sounds like they ultimately want. Who cares where the placement of the camera is or if it's not dead center. If you can't be aware of what's around you then you probably sh o ulna be 9 the roads in the first place

That's what it sounds like they ultimately want. Who cares where the placement of the camera is or if it's not dead center. If you can't be aware of what's around you then you probably sh o ulna be 9 the roads in the first place
    I would prefer it center so that when I am parking I don't see myself as being off-angle on the screen. Think of it as an extra mirror, but one that doesn't show you things correctly. Do you have a Subaru or should I capture a picture at the weekend so that you can see what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    I would prefer it center so that when I am parking I don't see myself as being off-angle on the screen. Think of it as an extra mirror, but one that doesn't show you things correctly. Do you have a Subaru or should I capture a picture at the weekend so that you can see what I mean?
    I agree with that. My point earlier is that it should have a calibration option like my G37 (even though it's center-mounted). I don't think ANYBODY uses ONLY the camera. However, if it's there, it should be accurate. There's industry rumor that ALL cars will have backup cameras soon...made mandatory. If that's the case, then accuracy should be fairly important. Hopping into a car with an accurate camera, then maybe driving the spouse's car with one that's not accurate, may cause problems for example.

I ordereda a GBP Base in first week of April. The dealer gave my the VON this week. That is after two months. I spoke with SoA, they gave me an ETA of Septermber or early october.
    Has anyone seen so much delay?
    6 months?
    Is it because I did not add any accessories?

Told late September as well ordered may 18th. I think I read somewhere that Subaru was working on getting more foresters produced so they halted the wrx line for a while. Not sure though.

As far as the backup camera, I don't ever use them just mirrors. However if the camera shows rear bumper as well so that you know how close you are to say, a curb, then I could see using it for the final few feet or inches when backing up.

Ya I just don't have a backup camera. Is it really that bad?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Ya I just don't have a backup camera. Is it really that bad?

Nah, I just don't care to use it.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedInd View Post
    I ordereda a GBP Base in first week of April. The dealer gave my the VON this week. That is after two months. I spoke with SoA, they gave me an ETA of Septermber or early october.
    Has anyone seen so much delay?
    6 months?
    Is it because I did not add any accessories?
    I ordered the exact same car. GBP base no options
    Ordered April 8th got it may 23rd