The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread - Page 19
Page 19 of 206 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on The Official 2015 WRX & STi Thread within the New Cars/Prototypes Forums forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I say we give it a year and pray that Subaru gives it a facelift, botox injection or maybe a ...

I say we give it a year and pray that Subaru gives it a facelift, botox injection or maybe a better ass-end. The electronics look pretty nice compared to the current gen though.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

North Egremont, Massachusetts, United States
    At first, I didnt like it... but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me... Think itll be my next... maybe wait until the 2016 for any wrinkles to be ironed out...

I didn't see this mentioned in thus thread but I may have missed it.

It looks like Europe is getting a new wagon.

Subaru

I Support ClubWRX
    It needs to lose 300lbs and add a hatch.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    It needs to lose 300lbs and add a hatch.
    Havent seen a weight, but I may have missed it. if its around the 3,000 lb I'd be happy..if its less I'll be ecstatic... Enjoying my 3,000 lb '04 sedan.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well the 2014 weighs 3250, so if this one is 50lbs more, that brings it to 3300lbs.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

it could use that 300 pound reduction.....

Here's hoping the STI looks a little less bland...

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    I found these numbers on a press release blurb:
    CVT = 19 mpg city/25 mpg highway
    Manual = 21 mpg city/28 mpg highway

Apparently the CVT isn't as efficient as one would hope. However, I could still live with those numbers. I'm averaging 20MPG in my G37 and only about 21.5MPG in my '08 WRX.
    The CVT is measured by a mixture of driving in all 3 modes. In the standard CVT mode is it claimed to get 30mpg on the highway.

I'm not sure why people are complaining about the looks. Every time a new WRX comes out people say how bad it is compared to the last model, and there are always comments about how they just look like a plain sedan (and they always do!). The 2015 actually looks more modern and sporty than any previous WRX, and on paper it looks as if it is going to rival the German cars for responsiveness (at least I hope so!). I have always been interested in the WRX and have owned an '08, and I can say this is the most interesting release I have seen. The interior looks as if it is going to be a lot less bland as well. I was close to buying a used G37xS, but Subaru have caught my attention with this!

Big question - what will the price be??

I'm engaged to my WRX. kedonot1's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I think it will grow on everyone..
    Need help diagnosing check engine codes? Just message me!

Btw not a fan of the new grill design. It looks like a fish mouth - shades of Ford! - instead of an evil hawkeye grin. Which would scare you more coming up behind you in the passing lane?

The 2011-14 model is the edgiest design out there. The 2015 seems to smooth off the edges, which I'm not sure is a good thing. Though you're right, it may grow on me.

And I wouldn't mind a nicer interior, high-quality stereo, and 6 gears...
    Last edited by Doctor Jeff; 11-25-2013 at 06:27 AM.

I probably just need to see it in DGM :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    I'm still on the fence if I like it. I really am trying to like it but it just looks like the new corolla with a hoodscoop.
    I was in L.A. observing the entire car as best as I can. With that said...I looked at the Corolla plateau and the WRX. They were not far apart from each other at the L.A. Auto Show. The car looks very bland, no wide-body influence at all. The center gravity of the car sits to high. (Obviously a smart cookie will say then lower it). The wheels are ugly. The tires seems to small width/height. The new WRX JUST looks very "Eco" looking.
    I understand Subaru has done alot to try to meet everyone's likes and dislikes which include the upgraded speakers, 6 speed, better fuel mileage etc, etc... They cant make everyone happy. But car design was just horrid for this next generation. I do hope the STI will come equipped with a wide body (doubt it) but I have hope. That or hopefully a facelift and few changes in some years to the style design. Loved the interior though.

With all that said. It looks like a Corolla. It really doesnt resemble what the WRX concept had. It doesnt grasp my attention like the older and current WRX's had that aggressive demeanor. The only thing honestly that stands out right away is the front end because of the scoop and new headlights.

Sad, while taking photos and observing the car I heard people around talking bogus stuff like the new WRX looks "soft". It was crowded at the show...but not around the WRX.
    At the same time I was really doing my best to accept the car for what it is.

They already said the STI will have a wider rear fenders and booty compared to the WRX so don't lose hope just yet.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX